Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-04 15:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey here's my Car-100 after a few mods:

Looks normal from here:

Back wheels like different...

Nice..

Pic with spoiler removed showing wire mesh (installed for more of a race look) and extra detail in engine bay. Also it can be seen I need to fare the guards to cover those massive rears.

The bonnet emblem was originally the symbol; I've replaced it with the Ericsson symbol from my old T28s. More distinguished looking

Side view:

Shell mod in the making:

Photo's courtesy of my broken old T610 (can't make calls, can't use BT or IR, but can still take photos and use trusty old serial cable!)

Qoastro
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 17:08
Nice car dude!
Death of a Motorola.3gp

Temporarely down, but it's up again, thanks to nicko ^^ Download and watch it
k4m!k4ze
W710 Violet
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 18:03
That shell mod looks cool !
Try putting in a petrol engine and NOS
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence of your attempt !!
baseballfanz
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 18:19
Yeah but does it work?:grin:
If it weren't for bad lucks, I would have no lucks at all.

P900/910 Themes
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-05 04:41
It sure does Fully operational. Slightly slower acceleration but higher top end (rears having a larger diameter than stock)

Here's some pics for @simpons, his car has steering probs

The front chasis disassembled:

A bit charg axel (same dimensions as the car100 original rear axel) next to the car100 axel with Hotwheels rims fitted over the top of the original wheels:

Don't remove the little copper coils, they are glued in. Also be very careful of the little copper wires, if one is broken you'll lose one or both steering directions

@k4m!k4ze
Nice idea! The smallest internal combustion engine I've ever seen is about half the size of the car itself (that was a model aeroplane engine). I've also seen scale model V8 engines about 10cm long - but still way to big for Car100.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2005-06-05 03:53 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-06 04:08
@max

You're a legend Max!

That rear axle mod looks very cool. If you mount a larger gear wheel on the motor and a smaller one on the rear axle you will increase the acceleration but at the expense of top speed. Are slightly larger front wheels available or will they affect the turning circle?

Love that original body shell.

Excellent workmanship too!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-07 16:57
Quote:

On 2005-06-06 04:08:31, carkitter wrote:
@max

You're a legend Max!

That rear axle mod looks very cool. If you mount a larger gear wheel on the motor and a smaller one on the rear axle you will increase the acceleration but at the expense of top speed. Are slightly larger front wheels available or will they affect the turning circle?

Love that original body shell.

Excellent workmanship too!

thanks for the kudos dude. I actually have a range of different gear sizes from my box bit-charg gear, so I'll be experimenting in due course to get the right combo!

Larger wheels would affect the stearing, but I meet be able to squeeze a bitcharg rear wheels onto the front axles without too much ill affect...

And it is a dragster afterall, who needs more than 15 degrees lock
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-07 17:10
respect! love the /// badge at the front... [addsig]
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 00:23
Out of interest, how long can you play with the car for on one battery charge?

Do you charge it for 60 minutes?

thnaks!!

Ofiaich
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-09 13:01
I usually charge for about 10 minutes, and run for about 5 minutes atleast. You certainly don't need to charge for the 60 minutes they say you do.

ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 13:03
thanks max_wedge !!

I was wondering if I should expect more, but after about 8-10 minutes of teasing the cats, the car konks out!

Ofiaich!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-09 17:56
You can charge it for an hour to get the utmost possible charge I guess, but I seem to get long enough from a 4-5minute charge to play with it for as long as I need. I think 10 minutes is the advertised run time from a 60min charge.

I'll see how that changes after the latest upgrade...

I just installed my 42000 rpm motor (a bitcharg 4.2 motor) and it kicks! I also upgrade the front suspension using the 'hard' setting of the bitcharg suspension upgrade kit.

I also replaced the front tyres with the soft tyres of the bitcharg upgrade tyre kit, but they are RED not black. I use them for driving only, since they have excellent handling compared to the hard original tyres, and compensate for the extra weight transfer from the higher rear.

For dragracing, I use the blue hard compound fronts, and for display the original black tyres (they are about a medium).

So that's now a Car-100 original motor, tyres, front suspension and bonnet emblem in my spares bin

What can I replace now...
Grimslade
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-06-09 18:07
Let's see another pic!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-09 18:20
hehe! I'm getting to it. I've gotta pull it apart again to get the proper shots, and it's 2:15 am where I am
I'm getting some shut eye.

Soon I'll post some pics and a bit of a tute...
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-11 04:54
Okay here goes....

New harder front suspension (keep those front wheels on the ground). The suspension crossbar (the red thing) had to be slightly modified. The mounting lugs were too big, as are all bitcharg front suspension bars, so I cut 'em down a bit so they would fit:

Original suspension cross bar and bonnet emblem:

The two motors. On the right the original Car100 motor, on the left the new 42000rpm motor. Note the terminal on the base of the car100 motor is deeper than the terminal of the new motor. This means the car100 engine bay needs to be modified for bitcharg and zipzap motors:

The engine bay can be easily modified by bending the base terminal connector in slightly towards the centre of the engine bay:

New motor in place:

Snug as a bug in a rug:

Next thing on the agenda is to find a longer lasting battery:

The Hotwheels rim with the original car100 rim visible underneath:

Race ready!

And the disgusting coloured front tyres:

As ugly as they are, with these fronts, the car handles better than stock. With normal fronts, steering is compromised. It is the combination of upgraded front suspension and tyres that keeps this car handling well even given the increased power output of the new motor and the weight transfer to the front end from those huge rears.

Those with a K700 will be surprised to know that these photos were taken with a K700! I used a jewellers eyeglass in front of the K700 lense and it worked beautifully Who needs macro mode!

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2005-06-11 03:57 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi