Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Why do most people in here hate or dislike nokia?

Author Why do most people in here hate or dislike nokia?
Mimzo
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-08-19 23:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This topic has dealt with 3 different products/objects. My thoughts on them are as follows:

1. Nokia: Their phones were good a few years ago - their peak was the 6110 and it was a great phone for the time it was released and sold. Today, years later, the features stay the same but the phone sizes and look and feel have changed giving them other models but the phone is in essence the same. It's no good for today's world - it is very very behind. Ericsson and are becoming more and more innovative and trend setters in mobile phone technology - they rock!

2. BMWs. Absolutely definitely undoubtedly the finest creation made by man. The ad does not exaggerate when it calls it "the ultimate driving machine" because it really is.

3. Tag Heuer. Brilliant watches. My TH Chronometer is one of my favorite watches - stylish, reliable/precise and just plain sexy.

P990i
paqmaster
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-08-19 23:59
Nokia phones are good phones but they haven't added anything special to many of their phones. They've gotten smaller but that's about it. One good thing about Nokia phones in the USA is that we get the newer phones last so by the time it gets here most of the bugs have been fixed. I've used many Nokia phone and I never had it crash on me.
captainsm
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 00:12
@ Mimzo

A: YES !
B: YES !
C: No..
Mimzo
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 00:25
Captainsm>
Talking on my T68i wearing my Tag Heuer and cruising in my BMW 540i -- could I possibly paint a prettier picture?

You Swedes are known for your phones: phones are half Swedish - the world commends you.

Germans are known for their cars. My sentiments on BMWs were already made clear in my previous post. The world commends the Germans on their cars.

Swiss are known for their watches. The Tag is a perfect example of the sheer mastery that is a Swiss watch - it's also versatile - it will give you whatever look you want to wear.
Trust me on this: TAGS ARE THE WAY TO GO!

You'll see the light someday
P990i
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 00:30
well can i just say if it wasn't for scots you won't be doing to of those the phone and the driving! or even posting here!
OBEY GAINT
markymark
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 00:31
Why do I hate Nokia?
Try working in a cellphone store for a while and you'll find out.

Did you forget the terrible display issues with 6110? You thought they had probably leearned from that design mistake, but nooooo, history repeated itself with 8210, 8850. The famous fading display problem, AGAIN! occured on almost any 8210/8850 sold.
Don't forget the 8850 was a 700+ euro phone at it's first release!
On top of that was the battery drain problem of the 8850. Ever heard of Mr Farrady? No Mr Nokia, you probably haven't. Radio beams are blocked bye metal cage constructions. The 8850 had no external antenna and therefore had to work really hard to get some transmitting power out, resulting in extreme fast battery drainage.
The little wheel on the 7110 was nice Mr Nokia, unfortunately the wheel completely stopped working with a very high percentage of 7110's
Then of course there was software version 5.15 for Nokia 3310. It caused freezing and switching off with millions of 3310 phones sold. These problems were by far not as bad as with the first t68m releases.

Also never forget 9210, the first commercial versions had so many software errors it actually was a miracle the thing didn't explode when being switched on.

Okay okay, Ericsson made some mistakes to, the t28 electrical circuit problem causing the phone to die after about 6 months also wasn't a suitable candidate for the Nobel technical prize.
The first software version of R380 was about as fast and clean as WinXP on a 386.

Try to get your Nokia fixed, 6 weeks if your lucky!

I do not like Nokia....sorry
Froddan
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 00:38
1. SE/Nokia (Both very good)
2. Lamborghini Diablo (Drive it...)
3. No comment....
captainsm
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 00:44
I thought i had seen the light when i was wearing TAG's 5 years ago

Mimzo
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 00:51
So I add the Scots to the list of peoples to thank.

It's against the law to drive and talk on your mobile phone without a handsfree or carkit here in Egypt (I could also thank the ancient Egyptians for many things too)

Why has this forum evolved from a discussion on the apparent widespread dislike for Nokia phones into a discussion on cars, watches and nations?

Why do most topics evolve in such a way
I guess it's all part of the fun
P990i
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 05:08
You have to love nokia, without nokia, we dont hav anythn to bash about

This post was posted from a T68i

cibalom
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 05:23
Nokia sucks

cibalom
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 05:25
Nokia sucks

wrecked_porsche
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-20 05:36
Nokia makes me because they overcharge for phones that have no features at all ! This in turn causes all other manufacturers to also raise their prices because they don't want to be seen as cheap.

Take for example the damn 7650, if the price weren't soo damn expensive, then I bet the P800 would be much cheaper !
But noo, Nokia had to make their phone expensive ?

Dumb teens all around me like Nokia for no apperent reason apart from their belief that owning a nokia is cool uh: Duh! As if !?

Thanks God, friends of mine have begun to see the light and areslowly but surely turning away from Nokia, well, not all of them, two guys baught a Motorolla and another bought an R600 , but the rest of my class still likes Nokia Well, as for me, I currently use an Ericsson R520m and will be using a T300 very soon, very very very soon

This post was posted from a T300

~NfS ~

All your phones are belong to me !

Who Set Me Up The T300 ?

www.geocities.com/sanjeevjaya

[ This Message was edited by: sanjeevjaya on 2002-08-20 04:39 ]
jr_rca
T600
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 06:48
i dont hate nokia...but sometimes its hard to accept the fact that nokia is fooling people.....yes! and why? look at their units, it is almost all the same and the only differences are the cosmetics (3series, 8series). ok..ok...this is why i hate nokia.

1. same ol' navi system.....look at ericsson...windows type menu system!

2. if you have an 8310 and if you like the looks of 6510..just buy the battery cover and the front face.

3. crash...crash...crash.

Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-20 09:05
@ jr_rca:

Nobody's made simpler to use than what Nokia provides. The navi key system is the easiest one can find around. Why do you think the success of 3 series has been so high?
There is not even any need to read the user's guide to use the phone!! This holds for any Nokia phones! Unless you go into complicated settings for e.g. GPRS.

Look at your Ericsson phones (apart from the old ugly ones, and the T68), they all have now the same GUI as well, which you must acknowledge is rather confusing every now and then.

Windows on your PC has hardly ever changed, apart from graphix. It's not a good reference, but would Nokia change a GUI when it's extremely good already?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi