Marcus_129
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-30 07:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2005-05-26 14:10:28, gbrooks3 wrote:
@Marcus_129

What the Hell is wrong with you? Dont talk to someone you dont know like that! Comeback when you have something useful to say! You think that i have well over 1000 posts at esato and i am not familiar with the concept of Upgrades? hahahaha, joker.

I was just saying that before the this ugrade the K750i was not a great phone in my opinion. Now with these improvements the phone is definatley worth buying.

I dont know what you interpreted that as! Seems simple to me.

I canīt see thatīs it anything wrong with me. Only get so sick and tired of you negative people. Donīt know what you get out of complaining on everything?

K750 is a great phone as it is and when the update service gets up it will become even better. Even if thereīs a update in hardware coming the K750 isnīt a bad phone. And many of you complaining that itīs coming a update were complaining that it took too long with a successor from K700
K750i
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-30 13:32
@bico,

interesting info there...but the conclusion is what? CCD or CMOS? which one is the better one? or is it no definite answer to it?
aydahm
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-30 16:58
The comparison thread is really good and informative, but what we should really know is what difference will it make in a 2MP phone? In other words, for the K750, in what conditions will each system have an advantage or disadvantage?
bico
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-30 20:25
@K750i: Which technology is the better one? The definite answer is that it's certainly not definite. Both technologies has its pros and cons.

My personal conclusion is that it doesn't really matter that much. The camera in the K750i phone is more than good enough. Especially considering it's a phone with a built in camera, not a camera with a builtin phone.

[ This Message was edited by: bico on 2005-05-30 22:13 ]
rabvtec
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 02:03
Jeez! What a loada heave-ho over picture quality and CCD v CMOS! I may be a noob to this forum but I've many years in others including many on digicams ...

As bico says, we got to remember this is a phone with a camera and NOT the other way around! IMHO, as the first candy bar phone to sport a 2meg AUTOFOCUS camera, SE have done a remarkable job.

Sure, there will be firmware to 'improve' this and 'fix' other bugs, but what piece of electronic hardware these days doesn't?! (my PC's NVidia card gets 'fixes' AT LEAST once a month).

Enjoy the phone, learn the phone ... and have FUN with the phone!
kooki
T630
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 17:56
well i dunno much about digi cams but what im told is ccd makes sharper images...and cmos technology is older...recently cmos has picked up in high end digi cams.
i called up a few people too and it is true that the k750 will have a ccd sensor soon
jmbillings
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-31 18:21
tbh I dont think the tiny lenses on these cameras allow the full quality to come through. My "real" digicam is only 2Mp as its a few years old, and while the pics I have seen people post from the K750 are good, they aren't a patch on those from a proper camera. A lot of this is down to the small lens, it will never focus light as accurately and without colour splitting as much as a decent lens. Its the same as those cheap chuck-away cameras with a 35mm film in them - my SLR gives much better results simply because the lens is of higher quality.
CCD may be technically better than CMOS, but I dont think the difference will be enough to worry about - look at the differences in the pictures people are taking with the current K750, some are fantastic, some are not so great!
Sleep well people!

bico
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-31 20:58
@kooki: I'm sorry to tell you, but according to some sources the CCD technology is older than the CMOS technology:

Quote:
CCDs have been mass-produced for over 25 years whereas CMOS technology has only just begun the mass production phase.

For further information, take a look at this post, posted earlier in this thread.
dave_uk
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 21:08
As someone who knows next to nothing about digital imaging, having merely read the information in the comparison below. It seems fairly obvious that CCD is superior to CMOS, and that the justification for CMOS is that it is:

a)more flexible
b)cheaper
c)lower on power consumption, but and there is no getting away from this,
d) poorer in image quality.

It is clear that CMOS is therefore attractive to mobile device manufacturers, as it allows easier integration into their systems and consumes less power (not to mention lower production costs). However, equally, it is clear that the resulting images are compromised.

Having said this, it seems unlikely that would take the decision to implement this cheaper, more efficient, technology (with it's obvious benefits to them) and then decide to increase the manufacturing cost and upset the market. It makes no commercial sense and I would therefore conclude that rumours of this upgrade must be false (though that would not rule out a different model - say the S700i replacement - using a CCD sensor).

But, as I said, I know next to nothing about digital imaging...
bico
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-31 21:42
As dave_uk indicates: CCD technology in S700! CCD technology in S750?
jofullalove
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-02 16:47
I think that my k750i camera is really really good. The quality is brill. CCD may be an improvement, but it will only be slight plus the ccd version will probably hike up the price a bit. If i were you guys contemplating waiting for an updated version (assuming there will definately be one...) i wouldn't bother.
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-06-02 17:22
Quote:
look at the differences in the pictures people are taking with the current K750, some are fantastic, some are not so great!

same is true with ANY camera

K750 CMOS camera vs Minolta and Canon CCD cameras test here

Bottom line: iīll buy a k750 once i can, despite having a CMOS or a CCD - has an amateur photographer iīm already satisfied with what i see right now

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/news_id-584.html

Not much difference actually...SE done a remarkable job with this CMOS

I figure CCD will only be real noticed in low light photos and even there i donīt know if improvemente is gonna be all that big (look at s700 low light photos)

http://pbase.com/ares

[ This Message was edited by: Arez on 2005-06-02 16:26 ]
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-03 11:08
@Arez
May i say that the comparison shown on that website are not correct since ALL photos in the comparison are pictures taken inside a room and doesn't have photos with natural light.
Something is missing...

Can someone please edit the first post and change the "impove" to "improve"... if i got it right... :?

Fórmula1 em Portuguęs: http://www.f1portugal.com

[ This Message was edited by: Krubach on 2005-06-03 10:12 ]
rabvtec
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-03 11:15
As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy with the quality of the shots taken with my K750i. If I want a 'better/sharper/etc' image, I'll take along my Pentax digicam.

I know people in this thread aren't 'really' complaining about the quality of the images (are they ... ?) from this phone because the K750i has been a brave and IMO, a successful venture by SE in squeezing 2megapixels into such a small device AND producing acceptable images!

The debate between CMOS v CCD is only really relevant when discussing images produced by 'proper' digital cameras. The advantages of CCD over CMOS here, cannot be accurately measured with the naked eye ... Read forums on the images produced by any small digicam and you'll find the same discussions, so SE aren't doing too bad here, folks.

As we all know with technology, it will soon be producing phones with 2meg+ optical zoom cams and so on ... oooh, I can't wait ^___^
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi