Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 131415  Next
Author Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-01 15:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So far this is what I've tried:

• The first post of this thread exactly as I posted it
  • Deleting all traces of anything K750 related from phone and Mac
  • Re-installing the iSync app from the original Tiger disk
  • Deleting all iSync, Bluetooth preferences
  • Deleting the SyncServices folder
  • Repairing permissions
  • Initiating pairing from Mac
  • Initiating pairing from phone
  • Initiating pairing from Mac and Phone
  • Tried only syncing contacts
  • Tried only syncing calendars
  • Master reset the phone
  • Complete re-install of Tiger on separate partition, and tried it all again straight after installation so there's no third-party programs or anything.

And this is what happens everytime:

The phone pairs ok from the computer. It asks to use it with iSync, synchronise contacts and calendars, access the internet and use as a remote control. I say 'Yes' to all except 'use internet'.

The phone acknowledges the connection and iSync opens up and the phone appears in the window. I then tell it to 'reset the device' on the first sync (not merge data) and click Sync Devices.

It connects to the phone ok and puts up the following messages below the progress bar:
  • Resetting "Jools K750i" contacts...
  • Receiving changes...
  • Resetting "Jools K750i" Calendars...
  • Receiving changes...

Then at that point it pauses for quite a while and eventually puts up a dialog box saying:

"The connection was lost while talking to the device. Device "Jools K750i syncronization failed."

The phone however, still thinks it is syncronizing and the progress bar and animation are still going on the phone's screen.

Then I hit Cancel on the phone and it says "Session Interrupted"

If I then press "Sync Devices" again in the iSync window I get the following error:

"Cannot connect to the device. Can't connect to channel on device (server might be down). Device 'Jools K750i syncronization failed'."

I then have to turn the phone off and on again before I can get back to the original error message.

Even if I disable Calendar syncing it stops at the "receiving changes" part of the process.

I've pretty much given up now!
  • sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 15:05
    I have tried to export and send the iCal file to my phone(v800) but it only saves it as a .ics on the MS. I can not see a way around this. Has anyone tried to export it as a vcal and then send it to the phone? You might need Entourage for this as iCal does not support vcal as far as I can tell.
    *edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 15:23
    Guys, I have been digging around in: user/library/phones/phonex.plist and found this:

com.apple.CGMR
    2005-02-08 15:27 ECSEKDA ld_violetta_crh109338_r7f_ec_iso U100_PHONE_WCDMA_4MBRAM
    com.apple.GMR
    2005-02-08 15:27 ECSEKDA ld_violetta_crh109338_r7f_ec_iso U100_PHONE_WCDMA_4MBRAM
    com.apple.IMEI
    com.apple.bluetooth.address
    00-0f-de-97-b3-69
    com.apple.company-name
    Sony-Ericsson
    com.apple.device-name
    V800
    com.apple.model-id
    com.sony-ericsson.V800
    com.apple.model-name
    V800

Maybe you can verify that the MSC address: 00-0f-de-97-b3-69 is correct in yours. The reason I checked this is because Tiger syncs perfectly with these phones. Myabe you can copy mine, make the appropriate changes and then copy it back in to the location and try to sync. This should tell Tiger and iSync that this phone belongs.

Hope this helps

P.S. Just realized that the v800 is a UMTS/3G phone and has special characteristics. I have included the s700i file as well:

com.apple.CGMR
    R3K004 R3K004 prgCXC125935_EU_1_T
    com.apple.GMR
    R3K004
    com.apple.IMEI
    com.apple.bluetooth.address
    00-0f-de-0b-ad-fe
    com.apple.company-name
    Sony-Ericsson
    com.apple.device-name
    Phobos
    com.apple.model-id
    com.sony-ericsson.S700i
    com.apple.model-name
    S700i

*edited on a Mac PowerBook, of course*

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2005-06-01 14:25 ]
    Jools
    C510 Black
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 15:35
    I've just been looking around for a converter for iCals .ics file to .vcs file. Apparently they're related, or the same. iCal exports in vCalendar format v2.0

They both start with:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    VERSION: (either 1.0 or 2.0 here)

I think the phone expects a V1.0 file, but I can't find a way to convert. I tried just editing the 2.0 text to read 1.0 and changed the extension from.ics to .vcs but the phone reset itself after asking me if I wanted to add the appointments.
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 15:40
    Jools, if you have Entourage, can you export a vcal file and then try to send it to the phone.

Also, did you try my last post about the phone files?

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 15:43
    I just checked this about iCal:

Exporting and importing iCal information

If you want to move a copy of all the events on a calendar to a calendar on another computer, you can export the calendar information, then import it into iCal on the other computer. You might want to do this if you want to archive a calendar, or if you want to edit the calendar on another computer.

To export the events on a calendar, click the name of the calendar in the Calendars list (so that it's highlighted), then choose File > Export. The events are exported as an ".ics" file.

To import calendar events, choose File > Import, then locate the calendar (".ics") file you want to import and choose the calendar you want to add the events to. You can also drag an .ics file from your desktop to iCal.

You can also create a backup copy of your calendars by choosing File > "Back up Database." For more information about backing up or other tips on importing calendars, click "Tell me more."

Jools
    C510 Black
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 15:50
    Haven't tried the thing about the phone files. That will have to wait until I get home as I don't have Tiger on my work Mac.

Your second post is how I've been exporting my calendars from iCal.

I dragged a calendar event from Entourage 11.1.0 to the desktop. It made a .ics file. When I send it to the phone it puts it in "Other" on the memory stick. Doesn't recognise it as a calendar entry. I looked at the .ics file in a text editor and its VCALENDAR VERSION: 2.0
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 15:52
    Strange indeed. I am sure Apple knows about this and is working on it especially with the new bunch of SE and Nokia phones coming out in the next few weeks/months.

toddlermn
    T68 gold
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 19:40
    JoolsG4...

i had the same problem you did when i tried syncing up my k750 yesterday with my mac.

The trick is...you can't choose the option to "replace phone memory with computers" when you sync up for the first time. (Not sure of the exact wording on that). It's counter-intuitive i know. I was afraid that isync would think that it should delete all my contacts on the computer becuase they were gone in the phone. But it seems iSync recognizes that the phone is empty and downloads everything fresh to the phone regardless....at least on the 1st sync.

When re-pairing and adding the phone back to isync you might also run into another problem. It seems that OS X may not be releasing/resetting/initlalizing the bluetooth connection properly after its done with one thing. I've been having intermittent trouble with the dialup internet with my phone. its very similar problem and the same error message as some users are experiencing with traditional modems as well.

I've also had trouble if my USB bluetooth adapter wasn't plugged in at startup. There are posts on Apple's support discussion boards about some of the problems. Hopefully upcoming 10.4.2 will fix this.
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 20:06
    http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0505macosx1042.html

Help may be on the way.

Jools
    C510 Black
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 21:42
    @ toddlermn

I tried your suggestion - actually got quite excited and hopeful it might work! But, alas, it didn't. I get another different error message this time:

"An unexpected exception occured while synchronizing the device. Device "Jools K750i" synchronization failed"

It starts to talk to the phone and almost immediately the blue bar whizzes right across to the end and that message pops up.

sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 21:45
    Does iSync still use mRouter as it did in 10.3.9?

Duggy01
    T68 gold
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-01 21:55
    I followed Jools advice on adding the K750i to Mac ISync. Everything seemed ok but now Isync crashes as soon as it opens. I am running Tiger and Isync version 2. Any ideas anyone??!
    fieldy1973
    K750
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-02 11:44
    Quote:
    sapporobaby wrote:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0505macosx1042.html

Help may be on the way.

I'm afraid you may be disappointed. Can't say anything else because of NDA with Apple.
    sapporobaby
    J110 Cream
    PM
    Posted: 2005-06-02 15:23
    @Fieldy,

Not me but the others. My stuff works fine and I have zero plans to buy a k750i. I will buy a z800 because 3G is of more value than a 2 meg camera.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
    Previous  123 ... 567 ... 131415  Next
    Goto page:
    Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic