Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i - Does it live up to the hype ? Owners post here

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Author K750i - Does it live up to the hype ? Owners post here
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 15:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Man, that is a different thing - i was only referring to people that have the My Friends menu!!! Obviously we canīt expect someone whoīs k750 donīt have this to menu to conect to yamigo...
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-25 15:46
@Arez: My understanding is that you have to setup an account on YamiGO before you can use MSN, ICQ etc.
This means that all communication go through their servers and not directly. This also means that it is not secure as they have acess to your login details. So for me it's pretty much useless for that reason as I never trust 3rd parties.

The IM+ I mentioned does not require any 3rd party account, it connects directly to MSN.

Edit: Also note that you have to give MSN, ICQ etc. passwords on the registration on Yamigo. Their registration doesn't use SSL, which means the data you send is not encrypted in any way. Anyone listening can get your IM passwords with ease, it's highly insecure.

[ This Message was edited by: Saka on 2005-05-25 15:14 ]
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 16:23
Well, that is different...but it is up to you to choose...you can easily create an msn account just for that...

I myself donīt worry about that...i trust them the same way i trust M$

You have to agree calling uselless to a great feature like My Friends, that runs on background on SE non-smartphones, is completly nonsense
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-25 16:32
It's not nonsense, if I can't use it, it's useless.
I respect 3rd party efforts to make it useful, but as long is not 100% secure I can't use it.

The only way to make it secure and useful would be for operaters to support it which was the SE intention, but more than a year later I don't see operaters interested in this generally great feature.
ac
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-26 06:10
A person on cnet asia posted this about the K750...

Quote:

Do not buy this phone yet..."
Andy on 25/05/2005, 03:57 PM
This phone has some bugs or issues with it. When on speakerphone or on the phone, the phone makes an unsually high amount of static noise almost like a fax machine. First batch had this problem. Sony Ericsson knows of this and should be fixed by the second batch shipment. Be careful of getting one from the first shipment. Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore have these shipments.

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/[....]es/0,39001717,39087067p,00.htm

Has anyone faced this problem ?
JiggyJaggy
P800
PM
Posted: 2005-05-26 12:31
Its a bugger the charger is different to the conventional chagers.
UK's only deidcated online Vertu Sales
Yazan24
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-26 13:09
Actually the charger is much better now, I like it more.

It charges when connected to the computer. Which I really like.

MP3 sound low.
Battery Improved
Bluetooth Improved
Camera Cover squeeky if pushed down.
-Kamikaze-
Esato- The first Biased Sony Ericsson Forums
MP3 Ringtones? Oh yeah Laffen killed them.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-05-26 15:28
What do u mean mp3 sound low???

is it not as powerful as the k700????
with the headset that is...
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-05-26 16:02
This is quite strange, because some people say the K750i has louder mp3 output than the K700i, and some say theirs is much quieter. Maybe a possible bug with some phones bought in different countries ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Gud
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-26 16:04
Yes, it does live up to the hype.

Still alittle buggy though (restarted twice, I guess based on the camera). But, the K700i was even worse when that was released.

Now we also know that SE will update the firmware with some kind of interval using the update service.

The camera, especially the macromode, is stunning!

One thing I noticed today: When one downloads something (like a Theme) it is now possible to 'minimize' the download window. This generates a small sliderbar above the softkey meny... cool!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-05-26 16:10
Is that using the activities key ? or does it do that automatically ?

The whole idea of the activities key excites me no end. It sort of bridges the gap somewhat between the K750i and a smartphone having the ability to choose what to do whilst not having to quit whatever you're doing at the current point in time.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
mvinodkuumarr
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-18 05:24
Guys! No doubt it does live up to HYPE..
MOre over it depends on individual requirements as what they look in a mobile..

To me it just rocks..

1. With improved Battery Backup
2. The camera with features like PANAROMA, AUTO FOCUS ARE JUST GREAT AND 32x PLAY BACK ZOOM tho i aven't tried this 32x playback zoom yet, and are excellent as of now(present models) ..
3. Storeage option is more than required [up to 2 gb](thats my requirement)
4. Video Dj.
5. Communicorder
6. Screen Clarity (color, clearness, sharpness)

Many More..

[ This Message was edited by: mvinodkuumarr on 2005-06-18 04:31 ]
SE7
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-06-18 09:58
I think it live upto its expectations as far as its camera is concerned, otherwise, it has a very low ear piece volume which is very serious fault coz its main telephone feature cant compromise on this (can compromise on cam but on on volume), MP3 sound volume is very low and sometimes playing MP3 makes a cracking sound which k700i has never ever made, this is also very distrubing for the user, otherwise its a good phone.
Enjoy life
mvf4
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-08-11 17:43
Hi all

Just wondering

My Vodafone uk contract is up next month and i would like to upgrade to a k750i, i've read a few reviews and generally it seems that most people are happy with the phone.

However can anyone tell me if:

You still get problems when trying to set your own mp3 as ringtones (vodafone seem to have locked out this option on my K700i and i ended up having to send it back to sony ericsson to get my firmware updated)

Also

Do you get a rubber flap that opens at the bottom where the charger goes, (i hope not cos i hate it) as on my current K700i the flap is out of shape and does not close properly

And is it possible to use the videos and games that i currently have on my K700i

Any help would be appreciated.
cmgangrel
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-11 21:50
you can use Mp3's as ringtones, no flap over the charging port (thankgod cos i hate them as well).... not bad for a voda branded phone, and it will still play everything that you had on the K700i as well
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic