Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i - Does it live up to the hype ? Owners post here

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author K750i - Does it live up to the hype ? Owners post here
benjam
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 19:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
K750i Mini Review:

Ok heres an early and very basic attempt to review the phone before massuer posts his full review:

************* K750i REVIEW **************************

The first thing you notice when you open the box is how small the phone is for its calibre. You would expect something with so many features to be a bit of a brick but it feels solid and well made and simply slips into your pocket without too much of a bulge. The box contents consist of 1x Software CD with PC Suite, 1x Instruction Manual, 1x Quick User Guide, 1x Fun and Downloads Guide, 1x Service and Support Guide, 1x SAR information Guide, 1x 02 Active Guide (02 Only), 1x Memory Stick DUO adapter, 1x 64mb Memory Stick, 1x SE headphones, 1x SE charger CST-60.

Although the early release has been branded by 02, the branding level is minimal. The start up logo is 02, the screensaver is 02 and the first item in the menu (top left) is 02 services. There is a great amount visual pleasure from the bright, clear and crispy 3D text in the menu and in the background on the phone itself. The graphics have been highly visualised and it reminds me, in comparison, of the time I changed from Windows 98 to Windows XP on my PC.

The first thing I wanted to do was load the camera. A simple flick of the panel at the back of the phone reveals the 2.0 Mega pixel SE camera! After a short think, the screen loads the view from the camera I was impressed that the view is crisp, clear and sharp and does not distort or slow down on short bursts of movement. The buttons are clear and easy to use and the phone suddenly transforms into a decent £200 Sony digital camera. The first test was a picture from my flat on the 3rd floor of my car across the road. The digital zoom x4 allowed me to home in on my car and get a decent shot and once again the movement of the camera does not distort the picture. However, in saying that you do sense a slight loss of image sharpness on the display panel but this is quickly altered by the autofocus when the shot is taken and saved. Hey presto! A great shot of my car from a far ! The display panel is quick and easy to use with self-timer, effects, macro, night mode (slightly slow ) and turn camera light on among many other options. The best camera feature is that once you have taken a picture even at 4 x zoom you can then zoom in another 4 times when you view the picture !! Then if you want, you can choose to capture that image !! So for example, after I took the picture of my car way across the road from my flat window, I could really zoom in on that birdpoo on the windscreen afterwards when I viewed the car shot as I zoomed in another 4 times and saved the birdpoo shot !! The disappointment is the flash, there isn’t one but the light does do the job in a reasonably lit room, however don’t count on too much of a detailed picture when out in the garden at night unless you have good lighting or the flash accessory that comes as an extra.

Overall I am very pleased with the phone and it has lived up to my expectations. Watch out for masseur’s full review which will be here shortly. As for my verdict I would recommend this phone to any phone techno or anyone looking for a decent digital camera and a decent mobile phone combined. With Sony behind the imaging, the pictures that are possible from the K750i phone camera are now decent album storing printables. The lack of a flash and some small software glitches I have experienced do not make too much of a difference to the overall performance and capabilities of this great little phone/camera.

9/10
BONDIE_86
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 19:29
what does the sensor do?
Cheers,

BONDIE_86
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 19:33
It captures the light...it´s the digital equivalente to film from a analogic camera
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
BONDIE_86
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 19:44
hey benjam... can you minimize the media player while listening to music?
Cheers,

BONDIE_86
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 19:44
Does anyone Know a o2 store in london E1 where i could get this phone sim free ( unbranded) ?
i´ll arrive in london this weeK and really wanna get one unbranded!
its 300 pounds?
BONDIE_86
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 19:50
wen benjam says minimal, all he means is the little globe in the top left on the menu screen has an o2 sign instead... none on the actual fone itself like voda and orange do... whether this will change if you put a different UK network SIM CARD in i dont know... but the word minimal really does mean minimal
Cheers,

BONDIE_86
Jamin
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 19:54
@BONDIE_86 Yes you can minize the media, radio and the games then they can be switched between using the muti function button (like alt tab in windows)
BONDIE_86
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 19:59
Quote:

On 2005-05-23 19:54:24, Jamin wrote:
@BONDIE_86 Yes you can minize the media, radio and the games then they can be switched between using the muti function button (like alt tab in windows)

kewl... do you know how much the MXE-60 (k750i flash) will be?
Cheers,

BONDIE_86
Jamin
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 20:00
Should guess at £20-£30 but not to sure
BONDIE_86
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 20:02
good good, i was guessing at £20 - £60
Cheers,

BONDIE_86
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 20:17
anyone whos tranfered pics from phone to pc can you confirm if they look good or not a thread was on here earlier with a new user review and the pics were nothing special at all very grainy and blurry in places
BONDIE_86
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 20:18
Quote:

On 2005-05-23 20:17:12, slattery69 wrote:
anyone whos tranfered pics from phone to pc can you confirm if they look good or not a thread was on here earlier with a new user review and the pics were nothing special at all very grainy and blurry in places

whats the link?
Cheers,

BONDIE_86
Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-23 21:10
I just got mine today.

My previous phone was a black T630, although I tested K700 quite a bit as well. Overall I am very impressed with K750 and I can already say I am satisfied with it's features.

Many people wonder about how good the camera is. On a first sight I can say that the picture quality is quite impressive.
But I also took the same pictures with regular digital camera (Sony DSC-P120) to compare. DSC-P120 is a 5 MP camera and it doesn't have 2 MP option, but I took both 1MP and 3MP picture, transfered to my computer and compared. Of course the picture from K750 can't match the quality and sharpness of DSC-P120, not even at 1 MP. The real lens (Carl-Zeiss) and CCD sensor of DSC-P120 are just not match for a phone.
But let me tell you, the pictures from K750 are quite good to be printed and to get satisfying results.

Of course, there are some small annoyances with K750, just as with any mobile phone.
For example I don't like the fact that all transfered files are automatically saved to Memory Stick (unless you take it out). Yes, you can later move the files to phone's memory but I would like an option to choose where to save them in the first place.
Then it would be nice with an option for image size between 2MP and VGA. Further, there is no way to order your bookmarks (small thing that hasn't improved since previous models).

That were some small negative things I can come up with after few hours of using it. Otherwise everything looks great.

[ This Message was edited by: Saka on 2005-05-23 20:11 ]
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 21:30
there you go this should be the one
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=86746&start=15
BONDIE_86
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 21:52
cheers, ive had a look at them... i think their really good quality tho! i cant figure out where my posts keep going, lol
Cheers,

BONDIE_86
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic