Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i - Does it live up to the hype ? Owners post here

Author K750i - Does it live up to the hype ? Owners post here
mvf4
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-08-11 22:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks cmgangrel

I will just have to wait now and see how much vodafone want to upgarde my K700 to a K750.

thanks again

effamm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-08-11 23:55
Hi guys,, it surely will sound stupid that i have wasted about two hundered thousand rupees on changing, trading and buying mobile phones within last five months.. the problem with me is Sony Ericsson and Nokia. i have been and still am a lover of SE phones, but i dont really know Nokia attracts me as well so i have been like a ping pong between both companies for last about a year....Lets talk about SE first...
Phone size = better than nokia in java phones poor than nokis in symbian
Screen size= better than nokia in java & symbian both
Screen resolution= better thank nokia always
Price Vs features= SE always offers better tricks and stuff than nokia in phones ranging from Rs 3000/- to Rs 40,000/-
Durability= SE has not been good in it, the phone core hardware is durable but because of non-changable covers the out look goes down to dogs after 2 to 3 months
Camera= though i am an SE lover but still i would say minus K750i, P910i, W800i, and S700i rest of the SE phones dont have better camera than nokia phones not even k700i ( the picture is blur, especially the black colour has lot of noise and grains displyed when seen on computer or even on phone)
Software= java based phones of SE are for sure better than nokia java phone ill give a small run down
T100 better than N3310
T290 better than N3510
T610 better than N7250
T630 better than N7250i
K700i better than all Nokia phones witha price tag of 14000/- and below
k750i better than anything (Java) ever produced by Nokia well 6270,6280 are still to come
so u see all SE phone softwares are better , fast and more reliable than nokia
Music Player= if u have ever had an SE with Mp3 player i tell u , you will never ever think of listening music on nokia, SE offers equilizers, better voice clearity, louder playback, amazingly good Bass where as nokia could not even produce 30% of the quality sound of SE i am talking about Nokia 6230, 6230i(new phone), 6680, 6681.. rest of all nokia phones are not even stereo.
ringtone= nokia is like a turntable record where as SE is like nakameechi`s dragon fly
so you see in almost all trades of a phone SE is better minus the reliability factor but if someone wants to keep the phone for long he should try keeping it safe from scratches or stuff like this.
BUT WHAT MADE ME BUY A NOKIA========= ???????? Symbian is the answer though ill be buying my dear k750i again very soon as i sold it out to buy a nokia 6680 and keep both.. but why did i have to sell it at the first time,,,, because SE dont have an answer to Symbian smart phone of nokia. P800, P900 and P910i and expensive phones when compared with their counterparts in other brands and i tell you most of the guys and gals would not like to use both their hand while dialing or doing any tiny thing with their phone,, besides that playing with martix screen and " stick" is a boaring and tiresome thing to do.. i wont say that SE did not bundle the features in the phones but one cant fall in love with a phone which is difficult to use, difficult to carry and difficult to maintain so frankly speaking se dont have an answer to nokias smartphones.. thats the only reason which made me buy a nokia
but i could not settle on any phone less than nokia 6680 because none of others had flash and stereo sound( though it still sounds pathetic) but MAGBOOREE hai se ko koi kahai symbian phone bananai ka..... any ways SE i love u and i will keep on loving u but please do this.......
1. Changable covers
2. Symbian small phones
3. Stop cutting ur prices like u always do and people like me who buy phone as soon as they arrive have heart attacks ( i bought SE k750i for Rs 36,000/- (600US$)from United mobiles and bought a memory card of Rs 3,500/-(60US$) but for my horror the shopkeeper asked me to pay about 12,000/-(200US$) with my scratch less k750i a month old only,, to get a nokia 6680 cuz the new k750i was of only 21000/-(350US$) isnt it bad...
4. sonyericsson please please listen to me........

I have been a proud owner of all SE phone except for Z1010 and z800 so none should try telling me what SE phones are,,,, right now am a proud owner of Nokia 6680 and will be even prouder after having SE 750i Again!....
effamm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-08-12 00:25
LETS TALK ABOUT K 750I

First Look = good, but not very good cuz most of the people who dont know much about new comers they mistake it as t630,, the design is good, attrective but is not eye catching. SE could have done better.

SIZE = Exceptionally good, light , small and handy.... easy to carry ,,, and feels good in hand..... not at all heavy.... ten thumbs up for SE

SCREEN = bright, vibrant colours, good resolution, enough size.. probably the best ever screen built for a mobile phone way ahead of nokia, ahead of motorola and samsung.

BUTTONS= not very good but good. ( personal openion ) i am talking about key pad

GUI= not much different from k700i but menus work faster, and the icons are better shaped.

SOFTWARE= Every month u get a new coming in, on online update service so dont worry about bugs if u get some u can easily upgarde ur phone with data cable supplied to u by SE with phone, right from the SE website with out paying even a LIRA!

CAMERA=The Best part of phone after beautiful screen,,, Good result even in dark thanks to powerful light ( Its really difficult to look directly into the flash light of the phone its really flashy) The digital zoom is acceptable far better than earlier SE phones almost as good as nokia symbian phones like 6630 or 6680. Over all,, i have been using the phone as a camera which i never did earlier i used to carry my camera with me. ( it does not mean that k750i can replace a dedicated 5 mb digital camera,, but yes for a casual trip or an oppertunity photography k750i can be your tool..)

GAMES= Good,, like SE games

MP3 Player= Very very good,, if u have a 2 GB stick ,, it can replace ur Mp3 player ,,, u need to have w800i headphones thats it,, equilizers they work perfactly,, u can make playlists,, edit playlists,, phone has a dedicated button to play / pause on the side of phone, and yes the bettery supports upto 30hrs of music .. i have practically done it.. the volume is loud enough guess enough for most of us....

RADIO= Good reception,, though its not visual radio but who cares.. radio sounds good thats enough

So guess the guys or gals who are thinking of video, java, and bla bla i tell u it has all that bla bla downloadable ringtones, call recording, themes, wallpapers, adjustable screen brightness, standby time of 3 days( not more than that at all), 3D java games, even u can install messengers and use them,, it can surf internet so what else do u want ,, han han,, blue tooth? it has it ,, IRDA is also there.. i said think of anything about mobile phones it has it.............

AS its not a smartphone so lets not talk about software comparision with others except for java... i would say BEST JAVA PHONE NO MATCH AT ALLLL....

PROBLEMS WHICH I FACED==== new type of connectors i cant buy additional head phones, chargers or anything from market as they are not available.... The black colour below the keypad near connector socket has started fading its just two months old phone..

SO lets come to short coming,,,

IT CAN NOT WASH CLOTHS AND TAKE U TO PLACE. IT CAN NOT BRING YOU FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SE Rules
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-08-12 00:57
The K750 IS definatley all its cracked up to be, the features are awesome, the design is excellent, build quality slightly lacking, but this is an amazing phone, its keeping me going until next year when I'll be purchasing a 3G smartphone, either Nokia or .
If your looking to buy one, I suggest you do, the W800 is exactly the same phone with different covers and a bigger memory card, all of which you could change yourself if your hung up on the W800........... if you wanted to.........
Cheers
textappeal
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-12 01:06
Quote:

On 2005-08-12 00:25:06, effamm wrote:
LETS TALK ABOUT K 750I

SOFTWARE= Every month u get a new coming in, on online update service so dont worry about bugs if u get some u can easily upgarde ur phone with data cable supplied to u by SE with phone, right from the SE website with out paying even a LIRA!

SO lets come to short coming,,,

IT CAN NOT WASH CLOTHS AND TAKE U TO PLACE. IT CAN NOT BRING YOU FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Some people expect far too much from a phone. My only real complaint is the video quality on the latest firmware. Problem is, it's been a while since the last update came out. At this rate, I'll be flashing my K750i into a W800 if the W800 sorts its video quality out.

All in all, it's an awesome phone. Easy-to-navigate and with fast response time.

[ This Message was edited by: textappeal on 2005-08-12 00:08 ]
korbindallis
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-09-08 18:00
Its the best camera phone right now. Beats the $1000 N90 hands down on cam quality, no good quality cam phones out yet that can top its quality :-*

This message was posted from a K750

dr.david
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2005-09-08 18:02
Dust under the display and so on .....
Soo what do you think, is the w800 better built then the k750? Better quality, and more safe from dust getting in?
alex2751
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-09-08 22:15
I have both K750 and D750 and I must say I have bought D750 because I didn't liked the way of cracking and noise in K750, D750 is even better protecting from dust around joystick and keypad is much better, on K750 it is moving left and right, up and down, hard to press.
dr.david
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2005-09-08 22:31
Its the same built as the w800.. Maybe the D750/w800 is more resistant to dust then the k750
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic