Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > F.A.Q for Freeware

Author F.A.Q for Freeware
Rocky B.
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-12 20:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I get a couple of people a day asking me to help them with problems they have with freeware from my site. Typically I haven'y got a clue how to help them and I redirect them to esato

But what I really need is a good thread to refer them to rather than just telling them to come here. With that in mind please post any SOLUTIONS (not problems please) to any problems you may have had with the software on my site (or in general). This will be a great help to me, and also I feel a valuable resource in general.

Well then, the most common problem I get asked about is uninstalling eDoom. As such I'm going to liberate a comment from another thread and put it here

Quote:
There has been problems with uninstalling edoom before, and I'm sure you would have found loads of topics about it using the search.

Just use any file manager to delete all the edoom files from your phone. If you've installed the game on a memory stick, remember to delete the edoom folder from the c: drive also.

You have the "edoom" folder under c: or d: \system\apps and the SIS file in \system\install and the wad files under \media files\document\DOOM and you have the config file under c: \system\apps\edoom.

If you still have problems, try checking the properties/attributes of the file(s) you're trying to remove using file manager. Make sure it's not set as a "read-only" file.

Thanks jasso (if you're still out there)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi