Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > New Zealanders

Previous  123 ... 198199200 ... 203204205  Next
Author New Zealanders
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 09:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My brother said there was a small ish tremor in Wellington yesterday. He said it felt wierd like a wave motion but i guess NZ has smaller ones all the time
Phone?? What phone??
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 11:06

On 2011-03-02 09:20:59, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

On 2011-03-01 10:40:58, carkitter wrote:

On 2011-02-27 04:33:20, tranced wrote:
@carkitter @Muhammad-Oli: glad to hear you're both ok I'm just wondering about yea g. He hasn't been online since a last year. Does he live near or where the quake happened?

Oh and thanks for the schedule carkitter

Have you checked out our first post lately?

Speaking of which, I might update it soon to show a bit less info. I can't keep updating it now and traffic is A LOT less now. I'll probably update the member's phones list to reflect the three of us that are still here's changes, and I'll remove the SE phones in NZ list I reckon. What do you reckon carkitter?

By the way, just bought a new MacBook Pro just today after the refresh a week or two back.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

Congrats!

Yeah the first post could be scaled back a bit. Perhaps you could put up links to our Twitter accounts for people who want to get in touch if we haven't visited Esato for a while. I think you should cut the list in half: everyone below RevoWution haven't been seen for years. I have some photos I should submit for Esato Earth too, taken on the Coromandel Peninsula, in Rotorua and Taupo. I'll send you some links one of these days.

And hey, I'd still like to meet up sometime. You've been in Jafa-town more than a year now, your almost a native.

On 2011-03-02 09:41:00, Bonovox wrote:
My brother said there was a small ish tremor in Wellington yesterday. He said it felt wierd like a wave motion but i guess NZ has smaller ones all the time

Here's the Wellington earthquake your brother mentioned:
http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/3472164g.html
You can find out about NZ earthquakes and all sorts of interesting Geological things on that site. It also mentions that the Auckland isthmus is a volcanic field so a new volcano could sprout up at any time! In reality though, such an event would be signaled long in advance by volcanic tremors which are different to earthquake tremors (when measured by experts).
[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2011-03-02 10:10 ]
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 11:23
I made my NZ 3G prepay data plan guide in Google documents public recently and it's been accessed by 3237 users. Cool!
http://spreadsheets0.google.c[....]g&hl=en&authkey=COa--pgC#gid=0
I've added a link to the "Visiting NZ an bringing your mobile" thread so hopefully Esato will gain some extra traffic from it.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 15:03
@carkitter thanks for the link. I never knew how strong is was but thats enough to be felt. My little nephew Nathaniel was a bit frieghtened but he is fine. I know Wellington sits on a major faultline.
Phone?? What phone??
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 21:11
@ m-oli Speaking of which, I might update it soon to show a bit less info. I can't keep updating it now and traffic is A LOT less now. I'll probably update the member's phones list to reflect the three of us that are still here's changes, and I'll remove the SE phones in NZ list I reckon. What do you reckon carkitter?

By the way, just bought a new MacBook Pro just today after the refresh a week or two back.

This message was posted in the mail

!!! Well then leave Esato its for SE users only, if everyone is on their I toys then go and chat about your toys on an apple dedicated site and stop bragging about them here !!! I intend to keep the New Zealanders post alive with SE users not others, I rest my case. Of course I will be expecting some abuse from some of you but I dont care SE comes first for me so go away and talk about your I toys somewhere else.
frankthetank
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-03 07:56
I'm alive
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=793404578
http://www.flickr.com/photos/franhams/
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-03 09:36

On 2011-03-03 07:56:09, frankthetank wrote:
I'm alive

Cool!
Welcome back, we've missed you.
How's your family/house/employment prospects? Are you going to stay in CHCH or have you already sought solace elsewhere?

On 2011-03-02 21:11:04, chunkybeats wrote:
@ m-oli Speaking of which, I might update it soon to show a bit less info. I can't keep updating it now and traffic is A LOT less now. I'll probably update the member's phones list to reflect the three of us that are still here's changes, and I'll remove the SE phones in NZ list I reckon. What do you reckon carkitter?

!!! Well then leave Esato its for SE users only, if everyone is on their I toys then go and chat about your toys on an apple dedicated site and stop bragging about them here !!! I intend to keep the New Zealanders post alive with SE users not others, I rest my case. Of course I will be expecting some abuse from some of you but I dont care SE comes first for me so go away and talk about your I toys somewhere else.
No need to be like that.
Oli has chosen an Xperia X10 over an iPhone despite being a Mac user and I have ditched my iPhone 3G for a Zylo. SE's new range of Androids look intriguing, I'll definitely be taking a closer look when they arrive.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-03 10:01
Besides, we're lucky to have our thread's first poster still present on the site. If you look at the other regional threads their first posters have all disappeared. Closest thing to our first post is the South African thread first post.
frankthetank
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-03 11:06
Yeah everything OK for me actually

Working as a Mechanical Engineer just got a whole new meaning though. I'm shattered!
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-04 12:17
@Bonovox
Another quake in Wellington in the early hours of Friday morning:
http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/3473252g.html
And another just after noon on Friday:
http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/3473493g.html

We have a guy (some say a nutter) in NZ who claims to predict the weather and also earthquakes via the phases and movement of the moon. He successfully predicted the Feb 21 Christchurch earthquake and now reckons that the time is right for another big event on or around March 20th. Everyones waiting...
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-03-04 23:25
Ah,yes my bro text me again he said they were woken around past 2am with the house shaking He has been using a NZ sim card whilst there so he sends me texts. He said as usual windy Wellington has lived upto it's name with gale force winds & driving rain too. That is a bit freaky predicting that I have heard that before something to do with the moon & gravity. And why do most happen at night I wonder??
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-03-04 22:28 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-03-04 23:34

On 2011-03-02 21:11:04, chunkybeats wrote:

Wow, okay I don't know where that came from. I still visit Esato near daily and I still use my SE phone proudly.

If you were here more often you would know that we don't just talk about SE in this thread. We talk about anything we feel others may be interested in. I bought an Apple laptop and am excited and that is all I was saying. Sony Ericsson haven't made a laptop yet so unfortunately I can't talk about that.

No need for such an outburst here.
[ This Message was edited by: Muhammad-Oli on 2011-03-04 23:22 ]
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-03-05 00:08
I have now updated the first post. If there are any changes you guys would like made, let me know.

chunkybeats, frankthetank and anyone else who still visits, please let me know what type of phone you currently use (and your location chunkybeats) so I can add to the list.
[ This Message was edited by: Muhammad-Oli on 2011-03-04 23:09 ]
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
frankthetank
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-05 02:51
I got fed up with "5+ a day" (K850i hard resets that is)

Now using an LG Optimus One (P500) on Android - and loving it!
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-05 06:49

On 2011-03-05 00:08:20, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
I have now updated the first post. If there are any changes you guys would like made, let me know...
Looks good.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 198199200 ... 203204205  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic