Author The Esato Chat Thread
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 17:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
its mine! (like mine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgTOoyyVjT8
the blue key lights you see in cam mode have been modded to flash and be on in media and whilst browsing
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 17:48
Very nice but he took one photo blurred with the pointless digital zoom It looked like he had a great big scratch down the screen edit I was seeing things its ok
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-02 16:49 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 18:00
Hi folks. Just got home from Bonovox's neck of the woods
My daughter had an appointment at the childrens hospital at 9:50am and we were there for ages.

Got home and my nice new Satio Bordeux had been delivered Tis on charge now. I need to find an instruction manual for it as the phone and paperwork are all in Dutch. I can change the phones language to English though which is not bad Gonna have a look on website in a min to download some English instructions.
Have had a quick play with it and I can say its quite long winded scrolling through the menu's to find the option you want (I experienced the same with Windows mobile years ago which is what put me off) but the phone is very responsive with only a very slight delay between selecting items.
Build quality seems good but it looks like the battery cover is quite thin and will probably need some reinforcing later on as I can see 's "squeaky battery cover syndrome" happening eventually.

The phone is just the thing I need really as I'm getting bored with A2 platform. Its all the same. Basically got to learn the Satio from scratch.

Pics

I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 18:02
Wow Rookwise nice phone though that red almost looks pink So you been to Birmingham then?
Phone?? What phone??
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 20:30
Yea we have to go every few weeks to the hospital for reviews for my daughter. Parking is a nightmare around Steelhouse Lane and the hospital and private car parks have quite high charges compared to North Staffs. Its £4 for anywhere between 1hr to 6hrs. At North Staffs its £2 for 4hrs and £4 for upto 8hrs or if its 2 long stay patient you can get a 7 day permit for just £3.40 which Birmingham don't do.

Must be my C905's flash in the pics making the Satio look pink. Its 2 shiny deep red (blood red) with some silver/painted chrome bits.
Need to buy an Invisible Shield full body protector for it and also look for a good case as none of the SE ones I have will fit it. Not even the IPC-40 I have will just about fit if I push and stretch the case and thats quite long.

I've now just got a month to decide what to get for my upgrade with O2. Should I go for an X10 or wait and see what comes out (new Iphone etc)......
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 20:34
@rookwise
what do you think of the camera on the satio?
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 20:43
Not tried the camera yet matey. Its still on charge atm. Got a few things to sort out first and then i'll be making a start on setting the phone up.
One thing i'll say is it deffo need the kenetic scrolling like is seen in LG'S and others. Right now it reminds me of the Samsung Touchwiz stuff where you kept your finger on the screen and double tap an icon to select it.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 21:01
My Samsung Jet which is Touch Wizz i don't need to keep my finger on the screen to scroll on the browser or anything I just flick my finger & it moves very fluidly & the zoom on screen for the browser is just a quick sweep. The browser in the Jet is fantastic & by the way no it's not Windows. I did have a play with a Satio in an O2 store it was live working one. Camera in viewfinder looked fantastic but I found the phone bit slow but that could be just that model in store or O2 firmware. As for Birmingham well parking & driving is a nightmare everything is one way & the city centre area is quite sort of compacted.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-02 20:06 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 22:25
We've been going Birmingham for nearly 2 years now. Always a nightmare for parking when we go.
The old Touchwizz like in the original Tocco didn't have kenetic scrolling mate. Thats what the satio's menu reminds me of.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-02 22:35
Yeah Birmingham is ok in parts. Have fun with your Satio i was thinking of getting one but i don't think its worth paying £399 for. I got my Samsung Jet which i am happy with but i am also looking at possibly getting a c901 i seen one for £157 online European firmware unlocked. Plus looking to get a laptop this week and all this is made possible cos my dad has treated us to money after his lottery win on Friday.
Phone?? What phone??
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 03:17
@bono

My dad is doing fine. Thanks for asking.
Which laptop you are planning to buy? Be careful with the specifications.

@rookwise

Satio is looking great. Waiting for your reviews on its performance.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 03:59

On 2010-02-02 20:43:00, Rookwise wrote:
Right now it reminds me of the Samsung Touchwiz stuff where you kept your finger on the screen and double tap an icon to select it.

Don't blame the Satio (or SE) or the double-tapping , it's a Symbian60 v5 thing, it's the same on my Nokia N97.

Btw, never particularly liked red phones, but your Satio looks great in Bordeaux !
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 09:15
Good morning. I need a laptop cos i am always either on my phone or my brothers pc so i need one of my own. Last night i was checking my bank account online on my phones browser the Samsung Jet. I was mighty impressed on how well and quick it renders real web pages without effort. And to zoom a web page its a simple keep your finger on screen and move up o down. Love this phone. If you want decent web browsing on a mobile get a touch screen say. Samsung use a Dolphin web browser and i can tell you its a superb web experience.
Anyway since being on my medication i have been having strange dreams. Last night my dream was of me free falling through space and strangely it was in an open top helicopter. Never imagined anything so strange but i could feel everything like the air on my legs(perhaps the bed covers fell off whilst asleep) Also i could see millions of stars and i could hear a woman talking but i could not see her. Then after falling through space all of a sudden we landed in Japan. How strange is that dream but whilst free falling i felt elated and happy.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-03 08:54 ]
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 14:39
You experienced total freedom. went to work this morning 4 hours. It wasn't that bad. I will do 6 hours the next 2 days.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 15:02
Hello everyone
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic