Posted: 2005-04-30 20:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So you see, Sony Ericsson is being innovative! [addsig]
Yazan24
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-30 21:26
In a minor sector of the mobile market. Thank you scots for pointing out to Vanquish that the Japanese market isnt as advanced as we think it is, it is merely the consumer demand that fuels the rapid development of newer technologies as they are usually the ones who are eager to follow the latest trend in mobile as well as non mobile technology.
-Kamikaze-
Esato- The first Biased Sony Ericsson Forums
MP3 Ringtones? Oh yeah Laffen killed them.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-30 21:40
never expected this thread to become so big, first time such a thread is allowed by any mod.

the fact is that some people here want more then SE gives, and they believe/know that ericsson could've given that.

my market vieuw right now is simple: BORING
we won't see anything dramatic. remeber the days when there was nothing? T28 days, then wap came, HSCSD, GPRS and bluetooth and then the T68 one giant leap for man and his cellphone.
but now there all small updates and SE isn't really the pioneer anymore.

we can we expect in the future? build in GPS, wifi, 3.5G, long range bluetooth, and the usual upgrades like more pixels, better battery, new SE UI, ...

now some small answers to some members's previeus posts.
a phone with a build in schocker? old news, even before the T28 that excisted.

the CAR-100 was build for SE and not on demand. ROB-1 is diffirent.

oyea one more thing i would like to say, the president of SE (the person above SE's CEO Miles Flint) is the CEO of ericsson. and to be honest i'm glad he made ericsson healty again, but i wish they never selected him. he came from another company, he never experienced the power of ericsson and in the future that will come back to haunt him.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-01 00:34
Quote:

On 2005-04-30 21:40:43, bart wrote:
the fact is that some people here want more then SE gives, and they believe/know that ericsson could've given that.

Thank goodness for mp3s, vinyl breaks so easily ...

Quote:

oyea one more thing i would like to say, the president of SE (the person above SE's CEO Miles Flint) is the CEO of ericsson. and to be honest i'm glad he made ericsson healty again, but i wish they never selected him. he came from another company, he never experienced the power of ericsson and in the future that will come back to haunt him.

What exactly is your point?
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-05-01 06:16
@bart Give up on the "Ericsson".

Anyone who thinks Japan is not more advanced technologically hasn't read up. For example, where here in the UK we coo over 3 mb broadband, they have had 26 mb for years. Compare Orange handsets to NTTDocomo and they looks almost agricultural. Fingertip recognition, bar code readers etc. We seem to get "drip fed" tech here whereby in Japan it is embraced more readily.
vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-01 11:05
Quote:

On 2005-04-30 21:26:05, Yazan24 wrote:
In a minor sector of the mobile market. Thank you scots for pointing out to Vanquish that the Japanese market isnt as advanced as we think it is, it is merely the consumer demand that fuels the rapid development of newer technologies as they are usually the ones who are eager to follow the latest trend in mobile as well as non mobile technology.

But you just contradicted yourself!!! [addsig]
Yazan24
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-01 12:03
Quote:
Quote:

But you just contradicted yourself!!!

Quote:

The desire for newer technology accelerated the growth of the technological markets in Japan thereby fueling them to create more advanced phones to suit the now more advanced environment, that has HDTV etc.

Read it again, what I mean is that the advanced environment (26 MBs etc.) is not because we cannot achieve such technology, its because there isnt such a high demand for it as there is in Japan.

Where am I contradicting myself?
-Kamikaze-
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-01 12:49
@goldenface: i won't give up on ericsson, i'm giving up on SE, i did my part to make them big, well it can be undone.

@scotsboyuk: i personally think that the CEO of ericsson is a bad choice. i love ericsson, but not its CEO. the vice-CEO on the other hand is much better in my eyes.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
vivek_h
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-01 13:51
when we say sony ericsson is not innovative...
it follows that ericsson are also not innovative..
sony wudnt exactly ban ericsson from innovating something wud they...
and dont say that teamin with sony is makin them non-innovative..cause the team up will only help them...i am to understand that they did the merger cause ericsson was in loss....so sony only means funding..

[EDIT: i dint even notice i crossed a 100 posts....woohoo! ]

...i maybe wrong, but then i might even be right...

[ This Message was edited by: vivek_h on 2005-05-01 12:53 ]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-01 13:53
the reason S doesn't let E be innovatieve is money.
vivek_h
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-01 13:55
well e are to blame for that....
they cudve not gone ahead with the merger....
sony dint hold them at gunpoint...

and i really doubt s wud not let e innovate stuff...
dont take this the wrong way but thats prolly ur mind comforting u for the harsh reality

[ This Message was edited by: vivek_h on 2005-05-01 12:59 ]
vivek_h
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-01 14:03
but comeon....how often do yall want innovations?

yall talk like we shud have innovations every month or something...at that rate we shudve had cell phones embedded into our skulls!!!

u cant expect new innovations all the time..sometimes there is some breakthrough innovation...which might even lead to more innovations...so ull have a lotta innovations at times...
those guys at RnD are not exactly sittin on their asses having a bud and watching the game
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2005-05-01 14:10
Quote:

On 2005-05-01 13:53:12, bart wrote:
the reason S doesn't let E be innovatieve is money.

I second that. I also expected more from SE. They shouldn't _only_ look at profit. Sony is affraid that if SE does good combined mobile products it will hit hard on Sonys own market. But eventually some othe company will do just that and then both SE and S will lose on it. Also it is now time to _expand_ for Ericsson again, or should I say SE... they need more workers to manufacture mass phones. Bring back the blody jobs to Sweden!
Yazan24
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-01 16:18
Not only that, it didnt want to take a similar route to ericssons in the past, incase it lead to the same outcome.
-Kamikaze-
vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-01 16:31
Quote:

On 2005-05-01 12:03:49, Yazan24 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

But you just contradicted yourself!!!

Quote:

The desire for newer technology accelerated the growth of the technological markets in Japan thereby fueling them to create more advanced phones to suit the now more advanced environment, that has HDTV etc.

Read it again, what I mean is that the advanced environment (26 MBs etc.) is not because we cannot achieve such technology, its because there isnt such a high demand for it as there is in Japan.

Where am I contradicting myself?

Yazan24 you have been digging a hole and i am afraid to say you have just fallen in it.

You claim Sony Ericsson aren't innovative, then go on to say that they should be more like Japan. But Sony Ericsson holds quite a bit of the Japanese mobile phone market, so Sony Ericsson Japan MUST come under the innovative Japanese market branding you said.

Then scotsboyuk rightly pointed out that Japan is not too far ahead, because the Japanese Sony Ericsson phone the Vodafone 802 SE is also available in Europe as the Sony Ericsson V800. So you claim that Sony Ericsson Japan is innovative, therefore Sony Ericsson 'west' MUST be innovative (technically speaking) because it has a phone that is from the so called innovative Japanese market.

Not only that, but Sony Ericsson is a worldwide company and Sony Ericsson japan is the same company as the seen in the rest of the world.

My evidence:

Quote:

On 2005-04-30 20:00:21, vanquish wrote:
So you see, Sony Ericsson is being innovative!

and then you wrote:

Quote:

In a minor sector of the mobile market.

Innovation has no limits. You say Sony Ericsson isn't innovative but here you say it is in a minor sector of the mobile market, by which you mean Japan. But Japan is Sony Ericsson, and japan is connected through to the Western Sony Ericsson through the V800.

I know i am being specific and slightly picky, but when you are arguing, or debating with someone, you can't make mistakes [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1415 161718  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic