Previous  12
Author HBH-30 poor range of work
kapitan jackal
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-28 12:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@cap,

im really intersted in HB-30. i do believe its with the SW. but how about my T39? well, it works well with your T68i (with the right version), i have a R4A008 version. do you think it will "perfectly" works with my phone. also, how much did you spent for the HBH-30?
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-28 14:09
r2b ..
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
Ipnotik
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-28 15:52
I experienced the HBH30 poor range issue during my test between it and the motorola bluetooth headset.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-28 16:00
someone in mobile88.com/forum

called erazor9 said his T68m is now in R2F which is the latest software found in malaysia.

here's the link of his post

http://www.mobile88.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=1037&forum_id=10&Topic_Title=Looking+for+new+handphone&forum_title=Common%2BModel%2BIn%2BThe%2BMarket&M=False&S=True

R2E onwards could be software upgrd to make HBH-30 works nicely with the hottest phone in S?E profile now.
stampid
S700
PM
Posted: 2002-08-28 16:32
to captainsm:

hey you are probably OK because u have the
latest US firmware
in canada we only have the R2Dxxx which is , i guess still
good.

still waiting for the phone to come back
DAY 1
munyip7
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-08-28 20:13
Everytime I answer a call with the handset it automatically transfer the call to the headset if it is in range. How do I answer from the handset directly? I know I can transfer the call from headset to handset but I would sometimes like to answer with the handset without looking for the headset.

Anything I missed from the manual?

Thank you.
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-29 06:22
munyip7---> hey .. stop doing multip post .. this the 3rd same msg i am replying to u .. once is enough .. you might as well translate to diff laungauge .... then post .. in the diff region forum !!!!!!!!
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
Flateric
T600
PM
Posted: 2002-08-29 12:17
Hmmm.....I dont know...I use HBH 10/15/30. Allways had connection problems. It is usualy good up to 3-4 meters, but as soon somthing is between the connection, a wall or your phone is just in your pocket, it makes problems.

I think these Bluetooth Headsets are all crap. Better use a cable headset, its cheaper, better and looks more stylish....

Switzerland rulez

linmajon
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-29 21:39
Oh dear...i don't know if u have IQ12 or something, but BT is meant to be used for SHORT-RANGE communication. That means that BT-Headsets works if u have the phone in a pocket or close to you. If you want transmission through walls and 100 meters you should better glue the phone to your ear. Do NOT complain BT for having short range. That's what it's designed for.
My HBH-30 works perfectly if the phone is in the same room, and the volume sound is VERY loud and clear, almost too loud... I'm very pleased with it.

[ This Message was edited by: linmajon on 2002-08-29 20:41 ]
munyip7
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-09-02 04:57
I got the hang of the limited range already. But the other annoying thing is the crappy clip found on the HBH case.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-02 05:11
One thing I have observed with my HBH-10... a lot of people here have complained that the other party hears garbled audio, or digitized audio from BT headset users.... I found the cause... listen up cuz it's really weird... but so far, seems to be very consistent with my tests:

Calls made from BT headset to another GSM mobile phone... voice is clear.

Calls made from BT headset to fixed line phones... voice is 'digitized' or garbled.

I don't know why... buy apparently this is pretty consistent. Although this shouldn't be the case since BT codec only applies from the headset to your mobile phone... it seems to make a difference on what type of call is made... weird.
klektik
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-13 14:17
Just thought I'd add my experience.

I bought the HBH-30 to use with my T39m. The distortion is so bad that it unusable, regardless of how close I hold the phone to the headset.

Unfortunately, I bought the headset in Singapore and live in Australia. When I went to the service centre I was advised that there was no international warranty on accessories. They offered to "have a look at it" but suggested it would probably be cheaper to by a new one rather than have it repaired.

Was it going to be cheaper for me to buy another one because that's all they were going to do plus add some of their own costs? I dont know. But at around A$250 a unit did he think I was going to keep buying these things till I found one that worked?

Once bitten twice shy.

jmpage2
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-13 19:37
jplacson

What you are referring to when calling someone on the GSM network and everything sounds fine, but you call someone on the regular landline and it sounds echoed sounds like a "hybrid" problem.

Communications engineers are familiar with this problem. It can occur when somewhere in the communications network you do a 4 wire (digital) to 2 wire (analog) conversion. There is impedence mis-match in the circuit at that point and the network needs to have echo cancellation equipment to handle this.

I would be surprised of any network that didn't have this engineered properly, but I am only familiar with the fairly sophisticated terra based comm networks here in the US.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-13 20:10
Yup...but the funny thing is..this ONLY happens when I use my BT headset... the second I transfer the call from the headset to the nadset... audio quality goes back to normal.

Weird huh? Well...so far, after performing about 15-20 calls to a POTS network from my mobile using my BT headset... this is what I have observed.
acid
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-12-25 10:34
I have T68m and I update my phone to R6A012 firmware and still have the same problem with my Bluetooth Headset HBH-30

- Loss connection if I move more than 3 meter away from the phone
- Echo from the other party line (The other person hear his voice Twice)
- sometimes if I’m walking and using the HBH-30 I lost the connection even if the phone is so close to me ( less than a meter away )

* is there a newer firmware will fix this!!

Please feedback on that issue.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi