Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > XTND Connect errors

Author XTND Connect errors
gangsta
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 21:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi everyone,

I got a question concerning XTNDConnect version 4.6 on Win2000 and OutlookXP. After I install, synchronisation goes alright, then after reboot it always shows "Unable to login" and I have to reinstall in order to be able to synchronise again. Does anyone have such experience as well? After Win2000 is loaded, XTNDConnect also shows some error message. I dont know what the problem is, I had an earlier version and the problem was the same so I suppose its rather something with the OS??

Thanx.
dc11ab
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-07 17:42
I have another problem...
- It concerns "Outlook must be run prior to installing (REF#020613-0000)" found in the EXTND Connect KnowledgeBase on their homepage.

"This problem seems to occur when a user sets up a Windows 95, 98, or ME machine without any users profiles for Windows, and then installs Outlook. When Outlook is run for the first time Outlook does not change the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key where the XTNDConnect PC install looks to see if Outlook has been run once."

Well, my problem is that Outlook already is installed and used, but I can't upgrade from Outlook 97 to 2002, and I already have user profiles (3 of them!) on my notebook, thus I can't get passed this damn installation point where XTND Connect looks for the mentioned Regkey.
- I've tried to contact XTND support to get it, but they havn't answered me so my pledge go out to all you wizards out there...

Do you know if it's worthwhile trying or is Outlook97 simply not
supported by XTND Connect?

Do you know what Regkey to tweak? I wish I had a packaging tool to examine what string it's looking for...

Or perhaps you know another workaround?

Thank you
/dc11ab
dc11ab
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-16 12:00
I finally got my hands on Outlook 2002 and by intalling it that solved my problem.

Much later I got a reply from XTND's helpdesk regarding the regkey. In short, they didn't want to help me but instead referred me to Ericsson's helpdesk as it was an OEM product.

They did that with so many sentences that publishing the requested regkey -from a known incident!- would have been just one line, and one happy customer [indirect].

But noooo, that would have been too easy for them to do.
If I find a similar synchronization app I would gladly uninstall XTND's software.

/dc11ab
Qed
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-04-24 15:58
I encountered the same problem. After a long quest for a solution I found the innitial source of the problem. I used a registry monitor to localize the registry key that was causing the problems.
HKEY_CURRENT_USSER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook
Subkey FirstRunDialog (of type REG_SZ)
This key tells wether it's the first time Outlook is run. After running Outlook for the first time the value of this key is changed to 'False'
Either this subkey is missing or the value is something else then 'False'. In my case it was missing, so i created a new subkey of type REG_SZ (String value) and gave it the value False.
After this I had no problems whatsoever installing XTNDConnect PC.

It appears that Office 10.0 (XP) removes the key rather then changing its value into 'False', but that's just a hunch.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi