Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > HCQ-30 Plug in Car Handsfree (DPY901331)

Author HCQ-30 Plug in Car Handsfree (DPY901331)
rob41
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-06 05:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have purchased a Sony-Ericsson HCQ-30 for a Sony-Ericsson Z200 Mobile. It is compatible with about 20 other S-E phones, but not this one. It also works with a S-E T230. I would have thought that the Pin-Outs were identical. I have found that the microphone is working but I cannot hear anything through the speaker.

Does anyone know if I can do something with the handsfree wiring so that the speaker works?

Does anyone have the pin-outs for the phones and/or the handsfree?

I saw another generic (blue ant) plug-in that looked almost the same, but it had interchangeable adaptors, so I thought there must be a way.I have a HPB-20 Portable hands-free with answering button that works fine with the Z200 and the T230, so I still can't work out why the speaker will not work on the Z200.

Thanks

Rob
mathios
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2005-04-15 13:25
try taking your phone to a sonyericsson service center and upgrading the firmware. that should solve a few things. [addsig]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-29 13:57
Hi rob41,

I checked out the S/E site and the HCQ-30 is not listed as an accessory for the Z200. This usually means that although the pins may match, the software is probably not compatible - upgrade or not.

The BlueAnt may work tho; we only get the B/T version on this side of the tassie, so i don't know yet.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi