Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > sms delivery report

Author sms delivery report
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 16:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
delivery reports when using sms - some phones have the options built in, some dont.

use this post to follow up with info for your service provider and enter the codes used to receive an sms delivery report if they have any.

in my never ending search to find out how to get a delivery report from the UK's O2 network i want to find out what all the global networks use as codes when the options not built into the phone.
BBBold on T-Mobile UK
ShibbyLicious
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 16:44
muppet

its not to do with handset its the networks the only handset bit is whether u turn them "on or off"

though in fact they are always sent bk 2 ur handset its just whether or not it displays it 2 u

weneva u send or recive and sms the handset always sends bk a sort of confirmation message to the SMSC, until this is received the SMSC will keeep sending the txt an example of this can b found in the o2 sms probs thread

as u point out only o2 network do not provide delivery reporting as a given wit ur service n so u av 2 request each time , 2 get by this i got it as template n always send via that method

the code is a GSM code therefore international and it is *0# at the beginning of the txt

all is well in the land of oz me tinks
lingart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 17:15
well can anyone tell me how to set up my T68 for delivery reports on orange as nothing is happening and I have slected the option in the phone menu.
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 21:40
Quote:

On 2002-07-30 16:44, ShibbyLicious wrote:
muppet

its not to do with handset its the networks the only handset bit is whether u turn them "on or off"

though in fact they are always sent bk 2 ur handset its just whether or not it displays it 2 u

weneva u send or recive and sms the handset always sends bk a sort of confirmation message to the SMSC, until this is received the SMSC will keeep sending the txt an example of this can b found in the o2 sms probs thread

as u point out only o2 network do not provide delivery reporting as a given wit ur service n so u av 2 request each time , 2 get by this i got it as template n always send via that method

the code is a GSM code therefore international and it is *0# at the beginning of the txt

all is well in the land of oz me tinks

anyone else on Genie/O2 care to confirm that this works(for if it did would i have started this post???) as Shibby's an expert on this subject and i'm just a muppet.

p.s. for thoes of you on T-Mobile you might like to try the deliver later optionwhen sending sms(has its rare uses), they dont seem to advertise this feature anymore but i wont go as far as the expert above and declare it as an GSM international code that works on all networks.

*DL x# replacing the x with the number of hours delay you want. Leave a space between the command and the number of hours.
BBBold on T-Mobile UK
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 21:45
I get the reports ok on voda but i always wondered if i am charged for them? Shibby if they are sent automatic but just not displayed then i take it they are free? Ed

This post was posted from a T68i

elglg
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 21:50
On Orange Type RCT at the begining of your message and you will receive a report.
JC#79 Blitz
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 22:25
Yes the code *0# does work but i find that people cannot reply to the txt's that i send using the reply function all my mates are complaining about this, can anyone help me as I have used all networks and they support this feature but oh no o2 this great joining of networks still have not got a clue what people want or need!!
riflogic
W960
PM
Posted: 2002-07-30 22:27
I get reports on my regular UK Vodafone, but when I use Genie (O2) I never get a report.... Definitely something wrong at O2's end I think.
ShibbyLicious
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-07-31 11:01
BLITZ !!

same prob here m8, wen peeps try 2 reply 2 a txt from me they get error that number not in use grr

ed - yeh m8 sms reports r free its just o2's SMSC's 4 sum dumfounded reason dont send the report as a viewabale version , if ya get wat i mean, but the *0# will wrk a treat m8

all codes startin *# are GSM codes, therefore shud wrk on any GSM network, sum comman codes (4 eg vmail) dont always wrk cross network though

sorry 2 the peep i called a muppet - just kiddin :D:D

no1 here is a muppet as we own t68/i's makin us all gr8

as 4 me bein a genius, not quite but wen it comes 2 stuff 2 do wit networks n how they wrk n netwrk services iz def not short of knowledge

part from the lack of delivery reports though i gotta give credit 2 o2 4 avin a solid network, always got signal etc etc

cust services though well they mite aswell b non existent

my 2 cents is spoken. discuss.....

true.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi