Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Themes, ringtones, screensavers, games, video clips > Upload Java Games to D500

12  Next
Author Upload Java Games to D500
GoldFinger
W595 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-02 11:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi erm can anyone help me i've got some java games on my PC but have no idea how to upload them to my D500. I can upload images and videos no problem but i havnt a clue how to upload the games ?

Thanks for the help guys !

ps. I know its mainly SE phones here but i have a feeling a few of ya have got the new D500. anyway thanks in advance
max99
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-02 11:57
i have d500 and have some question as i don't know how, also Goldfinger is it possible for you to send me the java games ? m6xm6x@hotmail.com

Thanks
GoldFinger
W595 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-02 12:01
yeah no problem m8, but theres no point until we know if its possible to upload them ?

I'll send a couple over to u now tho see if u can figure it out...
max99
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-02 12:03
ok will do cheers, if i find out how to do it i will post it here [addsig]
max99
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-02 12:07
goldfinger, do you have data cable or bluetooth dongle ?
GoldFinger
W595 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-02 12:08
Data cable....
max99
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-02 12:14
arr i have bluetooth dongle and found some intstructions on the net but haven't been able to do it yet :

but for all you that want to give it a go here it is . and yes its long

Ok heres the guide on how to transfer games to the d500 via bluetooth!!

Here are the instructions

1) Open “My Network Places”

2) Click “View Network Connections”

3) Click “Create a new connection”

4) “Welcome to the new connection wizard” click next.

5) Click “set up an advanced connection” and next

6) Click “connect directly to another computer” and next

7) Click “Host” and next

Select the “Communication Port” that your Bluetooth is connected to and click next. You might have to play around with
this later to make sure you selected the right com port.

9) Select the users who are allowed to connect. (ie Administrator, and or the name you are logged in with)

10) Click Finish.

11) Now when viewing network connections, under “Incoming”, right click the new connection you just created and select
properties.

12) Under the general tab, make sure the following 2 check boxes are checked:

a) “Allow others to make private connections to my computer by tunneling through the internet or other network”.

b) “Show icon in notification area when connected”.

13) Also under the general tab, click properties and make sure port speed is set to 115200.

14) Under the Users tab, make sure that the “always allow connected devices such as palmtop computers to connect without
providing a password.” box is checked.

15) Turn off all firewall programs. If using XP Service pack to firewall, go to control panel and turn off.

16) Go to your Bluetooth taskbar icon that should already be set up on your computer and select quick connect, Bluetooth
serial port, and select your device. Obviously your phone’s Bluetooth should be turned on at this point. Your phone should
ask you if you want to connect, select yes.

17) From the main screen of your phone, enter #*536963# and you should see on your screen “Serial JAVA others disable”

1 Press the “C” button on your phone to take you back to the main menu, then enter #*5737425#. Then select “PPP UP”,
then select “Bluetooth. Now leave your phone in the current menu it is in for now.

19) You should then see a connection box appear in your taskbar that will say “Unauthenticated User” when you put your
mouse over it. If it does not appear, then something is wrong and do not bother continuing with the following instructions.

20) Next on your computer, open the Java Uploader program which you should download from
uploader ( http://malschaun.at.interims.de/Uploader ) and add the java game you want to send to your phone to the program.
Note, you should have the .jad and .jar files for the game in the same directory before you add it.

21) Once the java game is waiting in the Java Uploader program, go back to your phone and select “Serial Download”.
You should see the clown in the box and the game being uploaded to your phone.

22) That’s all! You should have a new game on your phone. To upload more games, disconnect the “Unauthenticated User”
display on your taskbar, turn your phone off and on and start all over again from steps 16 to 21.

I know it seems long winded but once it is set up it is easy peasy!!!

Enjoy
GoldFinger
W595 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-02 15:10
Cool hope that works for you if it does let me know and i'll be happy to send you the rest of the java games...

If anyone else knows how to upload java games to the D500 with just the data cable please let me know !

Thanks
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-04-02 15:18
All this for just loading a new game! God! Phew! I am not sure if i would be able to play any games after this LOOOOOOOOONG process.

This message was posted from a K500

D500 GURU
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-11 18:30
Hey guys...just to let u know its so much easierto upload games
however finding them is crap hard lol...

k heres how its done:
first u need to get "softick PPP" and "uploader.exe" and u can upload either thru bluetooth dongle, IRDA, or usb with this method...watever takes ur fancy.

here goes...

1. Download and install Softick PPP from here (http://www.softick.com/download.php). The software is designed for Palm users, so if you receive any error messages such as unable to locate USBPORT.dll, just ignore them....ALSO MAKE SURE U DOWNLOAD SOFTICK PPP FOR WINDOWS OR UR RESPONDING PLATFORM...BETTER TO GO FOR V1.1 ITS OLDER BUT LESS BUGGY.

2. Active your IR connection or hook your USB cable into the phone.
For IR users, you need to active the IR connection on both of your laptop and D500, and approach the laptop with your D500 to let it find the phone prior to any transferring.
For USB connection, the one I tested is from fonefunshop (http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/datacables/samsung.htm)

3. Start Softick PPP, and check if it has your connection in its 'Settings->Bluetooth/Serial'. Activate it if done.

4. Run 'Uploader.exe' program and add a jad file.

5. Enable Serial Java download - Push #*536963# on ur keypad

6. Enter Serial Java menu #*5737425#, and choose "PPP up" then select "usb" then after that select "serial download" and ur game shud automatically download.

7. Let upload and softick PPP access the net if you installed a firewall.

-More details--------------------------------------------------------

If you are using a USB cable, please take the following steps:

1. deactive Softick PPP, and exit it.
2. connect the cable,
3. run Samsung's PIM & File Manager to make sure that you get connected. If not, please switch off and on your mobile and try it again.
4. run Softick PPP
5. go to it's 'Settings->Bluetooth/Serial' to check if it has a connection such as COM7 \Device\ss_mdm0. If so, select it, otherwise exit the Softick PPP and go back to the first step. (you may find the proper COM setting from the windows device manager->modems->Samsung Mobile USB modem)
6. active Softick PPP.
7. run Uploader.exe
8. ......goto step 5 in first set of instructions.

For IR users,

1. deactive Softick PPP, and exit it.
2. active your IR connectionB
3. approach your phone to the laptop, and make sure there displays an icon in your tray area and it gives a message 'there is a device around....'
4. run Samsung's PIM & File Manager to make sure that you get connected via IR. If not, please switch off and on your mobile and try it again.
5. run Softick PPP.
6. enable IRDA interface support in 'Settings->Options'
7. go to it's 'Settings->Bluetooth/Serial' to check if it includes a connection such as 'COM4 \Device\0000010b', if not, go back to the first step
8 ....
please choose USB in '1 PPP UP' for your IR connection

If you do see the progress bar but the phone freezes for a couple of seconds and then it reboots itself, it may mean that the connection is all right, but the Softick PPP is not actived or your device is not ticked in settings.

Please also check your firewall settings to let Softick PPP and uploaded.exe access the net and act as a server.

PS. I've only ever tried it on my own pc so it might not work with some so get back to me an let me know wat happens

It sounds hard but its ded easy once ur used to it so hope u enjoy!!!!

Have fun.
D500 GURU
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-11 18:34
o yeah sorry almost forgot...make sure the .jar and .jad files are under the same directory or uploader will give u the message ".jar not found!"
D500 GURU
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-11 18:39
hey also...yeah i totally forget lotsa stuff if u got any probs just ask but only prob iv ever had is that if the proxy is enabled in the java settings area then it'll do nothing an freese then reboot so make sure the proxy is turned off in the java settings menu
D500 GURU
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-11 19:24
dus anyone hav worms golf or worms for d500?
Chazzer3
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-11 20:41
Aren't you simply able to send the file via bluetooth, eg, right click on the .jar file, and send to bluetooth, search for the D500, and then send?

I hope this isn't the case with the E720, i've got coming in two days!
D500 GURU
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-11 22:03
unfortunately not...u cant send anything apart from mp3's midis etc an picis an remote caller cards. they did it that way specifically to stop people from just copying java applications...they get more money that way
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi