Author AT Commands for SMS on T610
ambercelery
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-01 12:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi
I am after some help.
I have connected my T610 to my PC using bluetooth and a virtual com port on my PC with a USB bluetooth device.
I have been able to successfully send AT commands and receive the responses.

I am wanting to be able to read any incoming SMS`s on my PC - using an application I am writing. However for the time being I have a few questions from things i have noticed with just using a simple HyperTerminal connection.

1) I have been able to receive the new SMS`s to the Hyperterm window in PDU format. However, I noticed that the mobile handset also shows that a new incoming message has been received - and stores this locally.
I do not want this storage to happen - and want the message to only be forwarded to the PC via the bluetooth connection (or serial if i decided to use that).

2) There are also going to be times when I want to turn the PC application off. I will therefore need to be able to put the phone and the SIM into a mode where any incoming SMS's during that period - are then stored on the SIM or not sent to the phone but stored in the message centre (anything so long as the SMS's are not lost). Then when connect the phone back to the PC application, those messages can be retrieved.

I have looked at the ETSI specs and seen all the AT commands that I think i need - my trouble is knowing what the T610 and Sony stack allow me to send for example I beleive the first parameter to AT+CNMI can only be set to 2?? is this correct??

Any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated?
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-01 12:52
I think you are correct....you have read the AT command list from SE DEV page? Very good document.......

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
ambercelery
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-01 12:56
Could you please post a link to that document?
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-04-01 13:04
you need to register:

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/getDocument.do?docId=65054

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
ambercelery
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-01 14:53

Excellent - that is a great document.
So I think i should be sending AT+CNMI=2,3,0,0,0 in order to get new incoming messages routed directly to the serial port.
However, how do i turn off the phone recognising the incoming message - i.e. at present the phone screen indicates Do you want to read new message - YES - NO.?
I would prefer not to get any notification of this.

I think it would be caused by the phone saving the incoming message to ME or SM but do not know which one?
What should i be setting this to?

Also, if i then turn the phone off - and a message arrives, once i have turned it back on again and connected to PC - would the stored message come in as a +CMT notification - or would i need to read for any stored messages?

sutanu
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-04-30 01:15
Hi
I also need some help for similar problem
I have connected my T610 to my PC using PL2303 USB to Serial converter cable with USB port of my PC
I have been able to successfully send AT commands and receive the responses.

Am sending AT+CIND for indications, AT+CMGL for Message Listing, AT+CMGR for reading and AT+CMGD for Message Delete.

Am writing a program on Linux Environment and there am writing the AT commands to /dev/ttyUSB0 device file to execute those commands.

But am unable to send SMS using the AT+CMGS command. It's showing +CMS Error:500

Can anyone help me, how to send SMS and what should be the PDU format and which characters should i send?
In Minicom also I tried after typing the PDU and Ctrl+Z, but it shows the error.

Please give some idea and the PDU format I should use

sundbpem
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-01-18 08:33
I got the 500 error as well,

Try AT+CMGS="numberwithoutcountrycode"
E.G.
AT+CMGS="0703804752"
instead of
AT+CMGS="+46703804752"

worked for me.
oxcarz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-02-08 16:45
you are right...must remove the + prefix and it will work. Anyone know how to include the +? ...it seems I need this tosend internation SMS. I am using text mode (AT+CMGF=1)

As far as forwarding all msg to the TE, I use this to set up the phone:

AT+CNMI=2,3,2,0,0

Although I still get the "do you want to read..." msg on the phone, the msg is not stored. It is sent to the TE.
alan1977
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 14:17
You have to use the following AT commands to send / receive SMS:

http://www.smssolutions.net/tutorials/gsm/sendsmsat
http://www.smssolutions.net/tutorials/gsm/receivesmsat/

Hope this helps
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi