Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > ?Orange settings for k500

Author ?Orange settings for k500
The-legend-of-coop
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-02-23 22:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Aaaaaahhhhhh!! GPRS, Photo Messaging, Internet, Wap, email!!!!!! It's a nightmare.

Is anyone on here able to tell me all the settings for the above?? I used to be able to send photo messages as well as phone & text. For some reason, I did a master reset in error, now photo's are not getting sent. They try to go, but get stopped because there is a 'connection error'.

Another thing I need answered is, if I am to use the phone for emails, what email address do I use? I have an email address on the home PC....do I use that??

Lastly, When I am trying to get onto the Orange World page..I get the same 'Connection Error' problem!! Do you have to subscribe/ I thought it might just use up credit (I'm on PAYG).

Hope you manage not to laugh too much at this nOOb post!
AlfBaxter
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-23 22:50
You can have the settings for most, if not all, of thiose sent to your phone as SMS either by calling Orange, or looking for K500 support at the Sonyericsson website. The website has 'configurators' where you enter phone model, country and operator, and phone no. and you get the settings you need. Suggest you use that.

As for email, it's trickier, but you should be able to use any account that offers pop3 access. You'll need to enter the incoming and outgoing server names into the email client of the phone, along with your username and password. You will also need a GPRS internet data account in your phone, or a GSM one. Do a search, or call Orange customer services, if you get stuck!

Good luck.
The-legend-of-coop
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-02-23 23:38
Quote:

On 2005-02-23 22:50:29, AlfBaxter wrote:
You can have the settings for most, if not all, of thiose sent to your phone as SMS either by calling Orange, or looking for K500 support at the Sonyericsson website. The website has 'configurators' where you enter phone model, country and operator, and phone no. and you get the settings you need. Suggest you use that.

As for email, it's trickier, but you should be able to use any account that offers pop3 access. You'll need to enter the incoming and outgoing server names into the email client of the phone, along with your username and password. You will also need a GPRS internet data account in your phone, or a GSM one. Do a search, or call Orange customer services, if you get stuck!

Good luck.

Thank you. I'm sure I will get the picture messages to work, but I think I'll just stick to simple phone calls, texts & pictures!! Thanks for your help!!

wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-24 00:49
GPRS WAP

Before continuing with settings, it is worth noting:
To get capital letters on the K500i, press the * key .
To get different symbols on the K500i, press the 1 key repeatedly to reveal a list of alternate symbols . If you required more symbols this can sometimes be accessed by pressing the right soft key.

Part 1
From Menu, scroll to Connectivity >>> press Select
Scroll to Data comm . >>> press Select
Scroll to Data accounts >>> press Select

Part 2 (If the Data account 'Orange GPRS WAP' exists, follow the instructions below, if it does not, please follow instructions ("Part 2 NEW ACCOUNT').
Highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press Edit
Highlight APN >>> press Select >>> input orangewap (ensure that there is no spaces/gaps and ensure that all letters are lower case) >>> press Save
Scroll to Username >>> press Select >>> ensure this is blank >>> press Save
Scroll to Password >>> press Select >>> ensure this is blank >>> press Save
Scroll to Password request >>> press Select >>> Scroll to Off >>> press Select
Scroll to Allow calls >>> press Select >>> highlight Automatic >>> press Select
Scroll to IP address >>> press Select >>> ensure this is blank >>> press Save
Scroll to DNS address >>> press Select >>> ensure this is blank >>> press Save
Scroll to Authentication >>> press Select >>> ensure that Normal & None are both ticked by pressing mark (or the joystick) on the selected items >>> press OK
Scroll to Data Compression >>> press Select >>> Highlight Off >>> press Select
Scroll to Header Compr . >>> press Select >>> Highlight Off >>> press Select
Press back twice.
Scroll to Preferred Service >>> press Select >>> highlight GPRS and GSM >>> press Select
Press back once.

(If you have followed the instructions above in Part 2, please ignore 'Part 2 NEW ACCOUNT' and proceed to Part 3)

Part 2 NEW ACCOUNT

Scroll to New account >>> press Add >>> highlight GPRS data >>> press Select >>> input Orange GPRS WAP >>> press Continue
Scroll to APN >>> press Edit >>> input orangewap (ensure that there is no spaces/gaps and ensure that all letters are lower case) >>> press OK
Scroll to Username >>> press Edit >>> ensure this is blank >>> press OK
Scroll to Password >>> press Edit >>> ensure this is blank >>> press OK
Press Save.
Highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press Edit
Highlight APN >>> press Select >>> input orangewap (ensure that there is no spaces/gaps and ensure that all letters are lower case) >>> press Save
Scroll to Username >>> press Select >>> ensure this is blank >>> press Save
Scroll to Password >>> press Select >>> ensure this is blank >>> press Save
Scroll to Password request >>> press Select >>> Scroll to Off >>> press Select
Scroll to IP address >>> press select >>> ensure this is blank >>> press Save
Scroll to DNS address >>> press select >>> ensure this is blank >>> press Save
Scroll to Authentication >>> press Select >>> ensure that Normal & None are both ticked by pressing mark (or the joystick) on the selected items >>> press OK
Scroll to Data Compression >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Scroll to Header Compr. >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select

Press back twice.

Scroll to Preferred Service >>> press Select >>> highlight GPRS and GSM >>> press Select
Press back once.

Part 3
Scroll to Internet settings >>> press Select
Scroll to Internet profiles >>> press Select
(If the Internet profile ' Orange GPRS WAP' exists , follow the instructions below, if it does not, please continue through instructions 'Part 3 NEW ACCOUNT')
Highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press More >>> highlight Settings >>> press Select
Scroll to Connect using >>> press Select >>> highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press Select
Scroll to Internet Mode >>> press Select >>> highlight WAP >>> press Select
Scroll to IP address >>> press Edit >>> input 192.168.071.035 >>> press OK
Scroll to Security >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Press Save.
Highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press More >>> scroll to Advanced >>> press Select
Scroll to Change homepage >>> press Select
Scroll to Name >>> press Edit >>> input Orange GPRS >>> press OK
Scroll to Address >>> press Edit >>> input http://orange.multimedia/ >>> press OK
Press Save.
Scroll to Show pictures >>> press Select >>> Highlight Yes >>> Press Select
Press back once >>> ensure that Orange GPRS WAP is selected (dot in the circle along-side it)
Press back twice

Part 3 NEW ACCOUNT
Scroll to New profile >>> press Add
Scroll to Name >>> press Add >>> input Orange GPRS WAP >>> press OK
Scroll to Connect using >>> press Select >>> highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press Select
Press Save.
Highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press More >>> highlight Settings >>> press Select
Scroll to Internet Mode >>> press Select >>> highlight WAP >>> press Select
Press Save.
Highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press More >>> scroll to Advanced >>> press Select
Scroll to Name >>> press Edit >>> input Orange GPRS >>> press OK
Scroll to Address >>> press Edit >>> input http://orange.multimedia/ >>> press OK
Press Save.
Scroll to Show pictures >>> press Select >>> highlight Yes >>> Press Select

Press back once >>> ensure that Orange GPRS WAP i s selected (dot in circle)
Press back twice

Part 4
Scroll to Settings for Java >>> press Select >>> highlight Internet profiles >>> press Select
Highlight Connect Using >>> press Select >>> highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> press Select
Scroll to Internet mode >>> press Select >>> highlight WAP >>> press Select
Scroll to Username >>> press Edit >>> ensure that this is blank >>> press OK
Scroll to Password >>> press Edit >>> ensure that this is blank >>> press OK
Press Save
Highlight Name >>> press Edit >>> input Orange GPRS >>> Press OK
Highlight Address >>> press Edit >>> input http://orange.multimedia/ >>> press OK
Press Save
Press back three times
Scroll to Streaming Settings >>> press Select
Highlight Orange GPRS WAP >>> Press Select

Press back once

MMS

Part 1

Press the Joystick to access the main menu
Scroll to Connectivity >>> press Select
Scroll to Data comm. >>> press Select
Scroll to Data accounts >>> press Select

Part 2 (If the Data account 'Orange MMS' does not exist, then please follow the instructions under 'Part 2 NEW ACCOUNT')

Highlight Orange MMS >>> press Edit
Scroll to APN >>> press Select >>> input orangemms (ensure that this is all lower case, and with no spaces, as this is case sensitive) >>> press Save
Scroll to Username >>> press Select >>> input Orange (ensure that the O is capital, and the rest is lower case, as this is case sensitive) >>> press Save
Scroll to Password >>> press Select >>> input Multimedia (ensure that the M is capital, and the rest is lower case, as this is case sensitive) >>> press Save
Scroll to Password request >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Scroll to IP address >>> press Select >>> ensure that this blank (three dots) >>> press Save
Scroll to DNS address >>> press Select >>> ensure that this is blank (three dots) >>> press Save
Scroll to Authentication >>> press Select >>> ensure that Normal & None are both ticked (to tick, highlight the select and press 'mark', or the joystick) >>> press OK
Scroll to Data compression >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Scroll to Header compr. >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Press back 3 times.
(Please ignore Part 2 NEW ACCOUNT if you have followed the settings above, and go straight to part 3)

Part 2 NEW ACCOUNT

Scroll to New account >>> press Add
Highlight GPRS data >>> press Select
Input Orange MMS >>> press Continue
Scroll to APN >>> press Select >>> input orangemms (ensure that this is all lower case, and with no spaces, as this is case sensitive) >>> press Save
Scroll to Username >>> press Select >>> input Orange (ensure that the O is capital, and the rest is lower case, as this is case sensitive) >>> press Save
Scroll to Password >>> press Select >>> input Multimedia (ensure that the M is capital, and the rest is lower case, as this is case sensitive) >>> press Save
Highlight Orange MMS >>> press Edit
Scroll to Password request >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Scroll to IP address >>> press Select >>> ensure that this blank (three dots) >>> press Save
Scroll to DNS address >>> press Select >>> ensure that this is blank (three dots) >>> press Save
Scroll to Authentication >>> press Select >>> ensure that Normal & None are both ticked (to tick, highlight the select and press 'mark', or the joystick) >>> press OK
Scroll to Data compression >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Scroll to Header compr. >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Press back 3 times.

Part 3 (If the Internet profile 'Orange MMS' does not exist, then please follow the instructions under 'Part 3 NEW ACCOUNT')

Highlight Orange MMS >>> press More >>> highlight Settings >>> press Select
Scroll to Connect using >>> press Select >>> highlight Orange MMS >>> press Select
Scroll to IP address >>> press Edit >>> input 192.168.224.010 (the full stops will enter themselves) >>> press OK
Scroll to Security (this applies to SIM free K700i models only) >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >> press Select
Press Save.
Highlight Orange MMS >>> press More >>> scroll to Advanced >>> press Select
Scroll to Name >>> press Edit >>> input Orange MMS >>> press OK
Scroll to Address >>> press Edit >>> input http://mms.orange.co.uk/ >>> press OK
Press Save.
Press back 3 times.
(Please ignore Part 3 NEW ACCOUNT if you have followed the settings above, and go straight to Part 4)

Part 3 NEW ACCOUNT

Highlight New profile >>> press Add
Scroll to Connect using >>> press Select >>> highlight Orange MMS >>> press Select
Press Save.
Highlight Orange MMS >>> press More >>> highlight Settings >>> press Select
Scroll to IP address >>> press Edit >>> input 192.168.224.010 (the full stops will enter themselves) >>> press OK
Scroll to Security (this applies to SIM free K700i models only) >>> press Select >>> highlight Off >> press Select
Press Save.
Highlight Orange MMS >>> press More >>> scroll to Advanced >>> press Select
Scroll to Address >>> press Edit >>> input http://mms.orange.co.uk/ >>> press OK
Press Save.
Press back 3 times.

Part 4

You should now be on the main menu
Scroll to Messages >>> press Select
Scroll to Settings >>> press Select
Scroll to Picture msg >>> press Select
Scroll to Validity period >>> press Edit >>> highlight Network maximum >>> press Select
Scroll to Read report >>> press Edit >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Scroll to Delivery report >>> press Edit >>> highlight Off >>> press Select
Scroll to Creation Mode >>> press Edit >>> highlight Alert >>> press Select
Scroll to Auto Download >>> press Edit >>> highlight Ask in roaming >>> press Select
Scroll to Message server >>> press Edit >>> input http://mms.orange.co.uk/ >>> press OK
Scroll to Internet profile >>> press Edit >>> highlight Orange MMS >>> press Select
Hold down the back key to return to the front screen.

The customer should now be able to send/receive multimedia messages. [addsig]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-03-27 18:16
Bump. Useful Info.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi