Author The Egyptian forum
Melik
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-27 15:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
me too,

greets from turkey
The Knowledge of the Past, is the Key to the Future.

I'm sorry for my bad english. Please Correct my wrong sentences.
Galatasaray since 1905
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-27 18:38
What's the coverage of the two networks outside the big cities (Alexandria and Cairo)?

This message was posted from a T68i

mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-28 11:53
davo_169
you are most welcome mate!
just make sure to give a proir notice so we can help you sightsee, and enjoy your stay.
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-28 17:39
Egypt's Populated area is covered pretty well although sometimes by only one network, but then that depends on your phone. Get a french phone and you won't have a problem anyware.
@mahora
Lots of salams to you :sigh of relief: now I'm not alone.
To tell the truth i've never been in a service center but I've never had any major problems either.
A used K700 I'm told is only for LE1300 because it doesn't have MS. 3 months ago I bought a T630 for 1150LE
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-01 22:48
Now i'm super happy with SE announcements today but don't have much faith in the K750 getting here on time to make a enough difference. :-l

This message was posted from a T630

mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-06 18:15
mustafabay,
Yes you are not alone any more. Now we can share thoughts, and opinions because we both are in the same boat
About the used k700i; does the lack of memory stick decrease the price that much? a couple of weeks ago, 2 sets were for sale in Al Waseet for something like 2000 l.e.
one more thing about the price you mentioned is that the device will probably have the first f/w version (R2A041), something that will make you hate the k700i . That's probably why I didn't buy the k700i yet. I'm waiting for a reliable f/w version (since no SE service center will offer f/w upgrades, as well the lack of DSS-30 docking station). Unfortunately, when I was beginning to think that R2AE was the latest, most stable f/w version, and was waiting for devices in Egypt to have it, then came the sms storage problem that made SE stop manufacturing k700i till it's fixed (http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=79435&start=0).
I hope I don't have to wait forever or be forced to buy a nokia instead
About the k750i, I wish I could share your enthusiasm about it, but based on a previous experience with the S700, the price of Clara will be way out of reach (if you remember, the s700 was first released in Egypt at 5.200 l.e. (five thousand, nad two hundred pounds). I just wish to know how many people in Egypt bought the s700? one? two? Judging by this, I think the clara is going to be released at the price of 8.000 l.e. (the price of a decent laptop)

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-06 17:35 ]
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-07 12:46
No K750 will only be in the region of 3500LE initially and should go down to 2500 a little after the price in Europe stops dropping. I think the one in the waseet was either used but bought here or was new from dubia. At least they are trying to sell S700, last official price fom an add in Akhbar Alyoum is 3975LE. For 1300 you'll be getting a used one bought in dubai. And if you can get someone or a shop to get you a phone from dubai you could ask for a docking station too. BTW can't you upgrade your K700 online??

This summer I hope I can take a course to learn how to fix mobiles then hopefully I won't ever nead a service center again

Someday we'll be lucky and SE will get another disributor in Egypt. Acompany that distributes SE, seimens and motorola isn't the ideal dealer for SE. Olympic group would be a nice dealer the already are Sony's distributor here
mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-07 16:28
I wouldn't hope much for a price fall for clara. SE prices don't drop that fast. The k700i hasn't dropped a single pound yet since it was released in Egypt in early novemeber 2004 (4 months ago) at the price of 2400. l.e.
As for the fictional prices like 1300 l.e., I came across a mobile company in germnay, and they offered to sell me a k700i at the pric of USD 230 (and they clain it's new or refurbished)+ 20 $ delivery. They even agreed it to be cash upon delivery. Of course i didn't trust them, because what if i bought the device and it turned out to be faulty? the yprovide international warranty, so it's useless inn egypt. i guess with expensive hanseta, you need to be carefull, and that's where local warranty comes in (at last there is some benefit to it), because if anything should be wrong with the device, it'll be their problem , or why else will i be paying them the extra money?
good luck with your mobile course, i'll be your first client, at least for an f/w upgrade there is an academy called OKASHA ACADEMY for mobile maintenece the ads for which keep poping up in Al Hram every now and then, imagine you paying money to an academy called okasha (in the jungle)

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-07 15:35 ]
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-08 13:44
Firmware upgrades shouldn't be that hard, I don't even know if its worth taking a course just for that. I would take the course to learn how to fix hardware. What I don't Understand is why Deltech is so biased, they advertise Siemens in Alahram and they are decreasing their prices. Siemens doesn't have anything coming soon, so what's their logic???
I want to clean my phone should I bother going to the service center or should I just buy a set of screwdrivers for mobiles and clean it myself. I feel I should go the service center at least once just to give them a peice of my mind on their sales policy. They do need to see the light, SE is going to be great in 2005 and they don't seem to care.
plasmadog
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-03-08 16:23
Hey guys, my parents just got back from egypt and they really loved the place! They just keep raving about it. Hopefully, i can come sometime too.

This message was posted from a WAP device

mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-08 17:35
mustafabay,
i will tell u why siemens is decreasing their prices. siemens international is the# 4 worldwide mobile phone manufacturer at the moment, BUT due to huge losses, inadequate production lines, their losing to other competitors, such as LG, which now takes # 5, and fighting siemens for #4. all of this made siemens international think seriously about SELLING the mobile division, or even SHUTTING IT DOWN COMPLETELY, if now buyer is found. obviously they want to gain market share to make the deal look good, or just to make upfor some of the losses, and one effective policy is to lower prices. it's still a pitty though since siemens products quality keep declining and they can't really keep up with the other companies.
as for the local SE service centers in egypt, the problem with them is that they don't have the technical knowledge, they don't want to learn, and they depend on people's ignornace. simply they don't care to know or to serve better. that's why they'll be extremely surprises if u ask them about a f/w upgrade or which fw version is available on the sets for sale in egypt (and i have tried this), they might even askwhy do you care about such stuff?! , so there is no hope with them in that respect, the only thing warranty is good for in egypt is that if u get a faulty set, they'll be forced to fix it for, something they will probably not know how to do, therefore u end up with a handset replacement
by theway SE is # 6 worldwide mobile manufacturer, and if LG takes out siemens, hten may be SE will trade places with it & become # 5

plasmadog,
u are absolutely welcome to egypt any time, just make sure to give prior notice so that we, at least i can be of any help possible or needed, especially with sightseeing, or whatever...

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-08 16:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-08 17:00 ]
mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-09 19:21
mustafabay,
do u have inbuilt email client on ur t630? if yes, how did u set it up? i realized that the support page on SE site for k700i can send u the settings for mms & wap only, but the emai configurator doesn't include egypt (in mms & wap it did). so what's the story?

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-09 18:24 ]
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-11 21:10
[b]plasmadog[\b]
You're welcome anytime.

[i]mahora[\i]
I don't quite agree that its because siemens wants to keep its market share, Egypt isn't a big enough market and siemens has too small of an influence in it for them to slash prices to keep world market share. And in Egypt siemens and SE have the same dealer, wouldn't you want to sell all your phones not just one brand.
On teusday I said they never SE in alahram on wednesday there was an add in alahram, you wouldn't have anything to do with that

I didn't get a user manual so I only us the functions I really know how to use, afterall its my first SE. I don't really know what an email client is and I obviosely don't have it set up Sorry.
mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-13 11:29
i think that siemens is not decresing prices in egypt only, as i said it's a strategy to in attempt to save their world ranking and market share. your point proves what i said, egypt is not a big enough market for siemens to want to decrease prices there only, so it must be a worldwide strategy.
as for as se ad is concerned, what good was it posting an ad in Al Ahram, while the prices are the same. i'd want them to post their ads anywhere, even in tabloids, but i have one condition, that they decrese their prices:D

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-13 10:30 ]
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-13 17:26
Spestaily when the S65 is now officially cheaper than the K700. And now I'm not so sure if they both have the same dealer. Advertising is important and putting ads in Ala ahram is important, afterall its the best selling paper and most big companies like nokia and samsung advertise in it. I just hope the K300 comes here quickly, for egypt its quite crucial to sell alot of phones. Afterall would you buy a phone you hardly ever see anyone using?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 464748  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic