Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > How to connect K500i to Windows XP using DCU-11

Author How to connect K500i to Windows XP using DCU-11
Firqin
K500
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-09 18:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
See, I have bought a SE K500i, just 2 months ago. I took pictures with it. Now, I bought the cable (DCU-11 USB Cable). I connected the cable (without connecting the phone to it) to my Windows XP powered computer. After installing the drivers from the CD, I connected the phone to the cable. I have installed this driver form SE's website: Sony Ericsson K500 Serial Modem. Then, I installed the software from SE's website, File Manager. However, the Phone Monitor does not 'see' my phone connected. I have every step, and made sure every setting is right, following the guidelines on SE's website. Now, can anyone help me how to connect my phone? Am I using the right drivers? And, if no, where do I get the right ones? Please help me...
TIA,

Firqin
Rudolph
K500
PM
Posted: 2006-01-30 23:55
A also had problems with my dcu-11 connection. First of all, check the contacts on your phone. Unless you have them covered when in everyday-use, they are probably covered with dirt. Use a "cotton-stick" and methanol/ethanol <60% or similar. Dont use Acetone or similar as it will "melt" the plastic. Maybe you'll need a needle too...
Then download floAt's Mobile Agent at http://fma.sourceforge.net/ (For free)
OR you can use Mobile Master at http://www.mobile-master.com/ (This program will cost you a ferw bucks, but it will be worth it - try the trial version. I experienced a very stable program )

[ This Message was edited by: Rudolph on 2006-01-30 22:56 ]
stevemiddie
D750
PM
Posted: 2006-01-31 02:51
Myphoneexplorer Just great...............ask anyone that use this forum.

First ever SE and chuffed to bits But i still love my 8890
farhans
K500
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-01-31 04:10
Use Floats Mobile Agent. FMA works fine with K500i. try FMA you will forgert other softwares
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi