Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Email client set-up for dummies

Previous  12
Author Email client set-up for dummies
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-14 11:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@winner, please use the SEARCH function. You will find that there are threads discussing email setup for globe users. Read those first, then holler again if you still need any help. By the way, welcome to ESATO !

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2002-07-14 11:13 ]
TPKing
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-07-14 22:00
I had the same problem with email once but I relised what u do is u dial into your ISP the same way you do with a 56k dial up modem.

For example my ISP is Blueyonder (uk isp)

Protocol: Pop3
Inc Server: pop3.blueyonder.co.uk
incoming port: 110
mailbox: "The mail box where your email is sent to"
password: "The password you need to access yout mailbox"
outgoing server: smtp.blueyonder.co.uk
Email Address: "your email address"

In Data Accounts:

Phone Number: 02079166550 "The dial up server which is the same used as by modems, (Inner London)"

User Id: "Your username"
password: "your password"

Thats all you need to set. Keep everything else the same .
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-14 22:30
Quote:

On 2002-07-13 03:45, GOwin wrote:
i dont use IP addresses at all.
and the only problem i had with the built-in email client was placing the wrong SMTP server name, so it was entirely my fault.
in any case, if ppcrockar's solution works for you, well and great!

in the UK IP addresses instead of server names seems to be common - apparently in the Phillippines no such errors occur - so we can safely say your be better off asking questions in the regional forums for errors with mail as your more likely to receive a reply from someone with similiar experiences.

anyone else got ideas on this?
BBBold on T-Mobile UK
T65User:Hubo-goss
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2003-10-26 18:52
I got a big problem with my T65...
I tried to access my email on my phone but when I configurated for the first time my account, I made a mistake and put a wrong phone number for my ISP....

Can somebody explain me how to change this number without reset all the phone and the adresse book by the way!

I've already put my name and a password for internet access but I can't find where I can put the ISP's phonenumber!!!!!

Thx for your help
redbull
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-10-29 03:10
im still stuck..ok i can download my o2mail just fine but with the settings posted here for hotmail it just times out tryin to connect..what is hotmails incoming/outgoing address not the number but the text address..im usin p800 with an o2wap gprs connection..hope not pee people off and thanx 4 any help.
_Nellie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-11-04 16:42
If you are using GPRS as your network connection, you need to make sure your outgoing SMTP server is for the network (eg Orange, Vodaphone etc) you are using to connect with.

I connect to my PoP3 server for incoming mail, but because I use Orange GPRS to connect to the internet, I need to use their SMTP server.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi