Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Researches Find Mobile Phones Can trigger Allergies

Author Researches Find Mobile Phones Can trigger Allergies
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-18 01:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
about.com

If you have noticed an increase in skin rashes or allergic reactions to dust mites and pollen, your cell phone may be to blame. In what researchers called surprising results, a study indicates radiation emitted by mobile phones may increase allergic reactions.

Dr. Hajime Kimata from Unitika Hospital, Kyoto, Japan believes microwaves emitted by mobile handsets can 'excite' antigens - substances which cause allergic reactions - in the bloodstreams of people who already suffer from allergies.

Dr. Kimata tested 52 people who had a history of allergies. They all watched a one-hour video -- half of them while talking on their mobile phones and the other half with their phones turned off.

When we did blood tests we found that the mobile phones had raised the levels of certain chemicals in the blood which provoke allergic reactions such as eczema, hay fever and asthma," Kimata said. "We were surprised but we carried out a properly controlled study. One group of patients had their phones turned on and receiving for an hour while they watched a video. The second group watched the same video while having their phones turned off so they couldn't receive calls. There was a significant increase in allergy levels which seemed to be linked to the use of mobile phones."

Further testing indicated that the group using mobile phones also had greater skin reactions when exposed to house dust mites or pollen from cedar trees.

Previous testing of mobile phones has resulted in contradictory claims concerning their affect on the health of their users. In a British study two years ago, researchers could find no evidence that mobile phones cause any risks to health, but recommended caution in using handsets, especially for children.

Earlier this year, researchers in Sweden claimed that mobile phones could damage key brain cells and trigger the early onset of Alzheimer's disease. Radiation from mobile phone handsets appeared to damage areas of the brain associated with learning, memory and movement in laboratory rats.
[addsig]
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 02:47
You will find you can get allergies from anything, if you throw enough money at the research...
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 03:11
There is allergy alright. Not me, but my father seems to get angry every time he sees me with a mob. He seems to be allergic to that. Lol!

This message was posted from a K500

mrao
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 04:14
Yep... And when the phone bill arrives in the mail. That is even more allergic
t610 > k700i > p800 > p900 > p910 > k750i > I-mate Jam > Blokia 6681 > HTC Prophet > HTC Wizard & Nokia N73 > E71 > BB 9000 > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S II & the Motorola Xoom
<br />
Still Shiny but not so n
blackspot
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 04:37
resistance is futile.
Jake Blues
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 04:56
from personal experience....RUBBISH!!
when i was a kid i had really bad eczma on my hands, it cleared up when i was about 13. ive been using mobiles since i was 18 and in these 8 years my hands have been totally clear. [addsig]
Doctorwa
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 07:23
Whatever next mobiles can make you see things. It's just ways of putting fear into people but don't you notice they always say use a land line? I wonder who that would be

This message was posted from a Nokia

Debu
R600
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 07:33
These old geysers who write these articles should be made to undergo capital punishment!!!
Visit My Blog : Debu's Innovations

'When nine hundred years old you will be, look as good, you will not' - Yoda
Pradhika
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 07:33
That is interesting. Now saying that, I wish our resistance may accept the challenge.

This message was posted from a T610

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 11:10
@nature: that will be the radiation keeping it at bay!
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 11:18
hope its not true...

"Our research funded by phonebox companies! "

Thing is with new technologies and mans evoloution, these things ARE still unknown and probably will be for years.

[ This Message was edited by: batesie on 2005-01-18 10:19 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi