Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Sony PSP Discussion (with 'live' pics and FAQ)

Previous  123 4 ... 202203204  Next
Author Sony PSP Discussion (with 'live' pics and FAQ)
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-20 01:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've had mine since I was in Japan. Brought 3 back and sold them as well.

I've got Ridge Racer, Chaos Tower, and Lumines. I also bought a 512 mb stick and upload tons of MP3's and video's.

I was going to take pics but decided not to.

try my space though

http://spaces.msn.com/members/khalifa/ and see a photo gallery from my trip to Japan
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 10:18
Quote:

On 2005-01-19 09:00:00, MikLSP wrote:
One 'interesting' point:
The PSP has an IR port on the top but so far it doesn't do anything at all. Not even an option in the menu!
Apparently they have no use for it yet & support will be added in f/w updates although I thought it would at least have file transfer

I read somewhere that you'll be able to use it as a PS2 dvd remote through the ir port [addsig]
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 11:05
Possibly but if its anything like the IR in phones it won't have enough range.
I'm sure they'll add file transfer though.
Of course there's no need to enable 2 PSPs to play games between IR as they have WiFi & I doubt IR is fast enough anyway.

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
zMastaa
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-20 17:17
@miklsp

Dont Download the dodgy softwae lol

from Lik-sang
Sony warns from leaked PSP Firmware that might damage PSP's

Eurogamer reports, that a software update for the PlayStation Portable which leaked onto the internet over the weekend is genuine, according to Sony, but installing it will stop the console from working and may damage the hardware.

The file, which appears to have been made public on one of Sony's websites by accident, was rapidly dissected by enthusiasts and was found to include references to a wide range of new applications for the handheld console.

Among the software which the file was configured to install were internet applications such as a web browser and email client, tools including a text to speech utility and a calculator, and a word processor and spreadsheet.

However, none of the software referenced was actually included in the installer - but the references tend to imply that Sony is indeed planning on adding significant amounts of non-games functionality to the PSP, which can already play music, movies and photo slideshows, in the future.

Sony has now confirmed that the installer is real, but has strongly advised users not to attempt to apply it, as it will "cause the PSP hardware to stop operating," according to a spokesperson.

Sony has said that it will repair PSPs which are damaged by users attempting to apply the rogue installer - but that it will bill the users for the cost of the repair. As an importer, you should be even more cautious, as this could mean sending back your system to Japan -- with a waiting time of up to 2 or 3 months including shipping, processing and repair.

Image Converter 2 English Version + Homebrew Movie Converter

Users of Sony's Image Converter 2 might also be interested to know that a person called Alcahest has released a translation for the software which is currently available through file sharing networks. All you have to do is to replace a few .dll files in your Image Converter 2 Install folder. It's recommended to make a backup before doing such things, and all of this is of course not officially supported.

There is also a homebrew version called 3GPP. This one seems to do the job pretty well, but is not as flashy as the Sony one. We've heard of users successfully converting DivX, Xvid, WMV and MPEG.
Site Admin of PSPcrazy.com
View my blog at zmastaa.com
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 20:36
Hey don't worry, I wasn't gonna risk this baby!
I eagerly await the release of the update from Sony though. Glad to hear it is official

MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-21 12:32
A nice feature of RidgeRacers is that u can just listen to the music tracks & it plays a replay for u to watch as well (if u want). If u have saved a Replay of your own then you can watch that so basically it is a replay theatre.
Now the point I'm gettin at is that the replay is saved as a file on the Duo so no doubt this will innevitably lead to people uploading & sharing their impressive replays.

themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-01-21 20:55
Good to see rumours surfacing..hahah but 90% of them are not true unfortunantly...

Earlier someone asked about what the screws above the usb are for, well this will be to attach a keyboard qwerty and digital camera..Oh and this will also include GPS.

Anyway my internet is down for a little while, as BT severed my cable..so I will check back soon, I am off to Japan again on the 1st Feb..so if anyone needs anything then drop me a line I will see what I can do.
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-21 21:31
Hey Mr marques,
I believe it may have been me that mentioned the holes next to the USB but already knew what they were for.
The actual question asked (which I couldn't answer) was what the two recesses next to the bottom corners of the screen are for.
Any idea?

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 01:45
Definately on my shopping list!
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 10:56
Highly recommended.
Its a lot better than the DS.

Another thing I like is that if u slide the power button up quickly the PSP goes into standby(holding it fully turns the PSP off).
In this it turns off but remembers where ever you were, even in the middle of a race & not paused! When u turn it back on it returns to the place u left it!
Obviously this mode will consume some battery rather than being properly turned off but its great if u need to stop playin for a short while.

The machine also seems to utilise this standby feature when the battery runs out in mid game. It flashes a screen with an empty battery sign & shuts down. If u plug it in & turn back on it returns to the game but this time is paused.

MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 21:20
Just found this out (with a hint from themarques)

The Homescreen background automatically changes colour every month!
Jan- Grey (as u can see in my earlier pic)
Feb- Pale Yellow
Mar- Lime Green
Apr- Pink! (oh no!)
May- Green
Jun- Violet
Jul- Turquoise
Aug- Blue
Sep- Purple
Oct- Yellow
Nov- Sepia
Dec- Red

Bought from Esato Market? Leave feedback:
The A-Z Of Trusted Sellers

[ This Message was edited by: MikLSP on 2005-01-23 00:07 ]
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 22:48
Come on Mike you know you goin to love April...hahaha
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 23:12
But just think of all the times u try to convince people u didn't choose pink, its just the colour of the month!

I think my PSPs date might suddenly jump to May & have 2 green months instead!

Guy89
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 23:21
DAMN. so this can also play vids and play mp3's?
P905
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 23:39
Yes, and it does it very well in fact.
Its also a very very good picture viewer.

But why "DAMN"?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 202203204  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic