Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Fixing my t610

Previous  12
Author Fixing my t610
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-01-14 19:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Dude, i read about an hour ago that changing the cover MAY make the mic to go dead. Also the back screws should be well tightened (not too loose, not too tight)

This message was posted from a K500

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-14 19:32
I know this may sound a little silly or obvious, but have you tightened the screws enough when putting it back together? I've had a similar problem with a T610 and it was sorted by tightening the screws a bit more (But not too much, you could break something!). Either that, it possibly could be because you've taken it apart so many times the screw threads aren't holding the screws in place properly as they've become worn.

Have you changed the facia recently? I've come across problems with some non-genuine facias that didn't quite fit properly so the mic wasn't connecting properly with the PCB, swapped it back into the old case, and the mic suddenly started working properly again!

It sounds like it's not the mic that's knackered, but something to do with the connection, be it a pcb problem or a contact on the mic I'm not sure!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Pradhika
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-01-14 19:47
U look like a great tech. Hand. To avoid the situation further one should operate it less than full volume.

This message was posted from a T610

folling182
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-01-14 20:03
i did put a non SE fascia on, but it worked fine, then one day i took it to pieces... very little pieces, and it has never been the same .
Yep all the screws are ok, and i have put the original housing on, still doesnt work
When i do a amr. audio recording it just makes a crackling noice (a loud one NOT just a normal "wind/breeze" effect on the mic) [addsig]
Pappy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 16:46
sucess. it turned out to be the new housing being badly manufactured. i replaced the original centre piece and the mic works fine. only thing was the back no longer fitted properly and the infra red no longer worked. end solution - i put the old covers all back together and it all works fine. i guess it pays to buy the original cases sometimes hey.

Hi folling 182 if you like i would be more than happy to look at your phone. cant guarantee anything but I dont mind taking a look, I have sent email in case you still need help.

[ This Message was edited by: Pappy on 2005-01-20 15:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Pappy on 2005-01-20 15:56 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi