Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Microsoft Windows-powered PDA-camera phone, any ideas?

Previous  12
Author Microsoft Windows-powered PDA-camera phone, any ideas?
danberte
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-04 15:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hi. my hp ipaq 6340 machine is an awesome tool. it is many things i can point out about it to coclude the huge price is justified. with all that, my basic apps are internet browsers and media players. in this matter all i can do is complain and miss my old p800...
no opera on win mobile/ppc that equals zero internet experience.
WiFi Romania! - http://www.cfree.ro
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-04 15:16
Quote:

On 2005-03-04 15:07:00, danberte wrote:
hi. my hp ipaq 6340 machine is an awesome tool. it is many things i can point out about it to coclude the huge price is justified. with all that, my basic apps are internet browsers and media players. in this matter all i can do is complain and miss my old p800...
no opera on win mobile/ppc that equals zero internet experience.

there are plenty of apps for the ipaq! if you need an app, im sure it is out there somewhere. one disadvantage of the ipaq is that i believe it is heavier than the imate jam or mini correct me if i am wrong.
Its good to be back!
The Little Master
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-04 15:19
to those with an imate jam....what card do you use for WiFi if any?
Bought Something From Someone On Esato? Then Leave Feedback In The A-Z Of Trusted Sellers
infernalking
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-07-05 21:05
Well i had a p910i but then it got stolen, my need for experimenting with different phones drove me to buy the o2 Xda 2 mini, same as i-mate jam. !st of all if ur confused about which phone to buy blindly chose the p910. Here are a few facts i discovered about the phone only after purchasing it......
1)This phone cant be switched off like other normal phones, it can only be resetted.
2)There is no such thing as internal meamory, the RAM is used as both storage as well as a RAM.So if u have stuff stored on the RAM rest assured it gets deleted if u reset the phone.
3)The battery life isnt all tht good.....pretty much similar to the p910 lets just say..
4)The screen clarity sucks.....u can make out colour changes.....unlike the p910 which supported more colours so the image would appear bright, clear and smoothened out.
5)The camera is a 1.3 mp yet i still prefer the clarity i got from the p910s VGA camera.
6)I thought since its a windows phone i can manage a desktop like my pc, later i found out i cant, on the other hand the p910 can do this well with a software called tracker.
7)Sony Ericsson is was and will always be the king of sound clarity, so dont expect much from this goddamn O2.
Small functions like setting a tone of ur choice as an SMS alert is complicated, as a matter of fact i still havent figured it out.
9) Like some 1 earlier stated, the phone function and bluetooth often hangs, thats what u can expect from microsoft.Symbian is more meamory friendly and wayyyyyyy better...
10) Cracked software isnt wasily available
On the good side....
1) The mp3 playback quality(only with the provided earphones) is mindblowing, better than my discman.
2) its small and convenient to carry unlike the p910.

On the whole i still rate p910 as a better cell, because of its user friendlyness as well as it supports all the fucntions this pocket pc can do.As far as the size goes, i think that can be handled by using the flip removal thing.

[ This Message was edited by: infernalking on 2006-07-05 20:11 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi