Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Blooover - The Bluetooth Hoover!

Author Blooover - The Bluetooth Hoover!
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 18:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Take a look here:
http://trifinite.org/

You can d/load a free java app called Blooover which claims to be a BlueSnarfing app.
I have successfully installed on my P9 but it doesn't seem to work on the K7.

It claims to "attack" BT phones & extract phone book entries and SMS!!! Also it sends a phonebook entry, sets a number to forward their phonecalls to AND even make a phone call from their phone!!!

Sounds a little far fetched to me! Read up on the site & try the app, see what u think.

So far it has delivered NO results for me! I have tried to ''attack" 5 seperate devices and each time it fails & says the particular devices cannot be exploited.
Can anyone make it work or is it a load of nonsense about something that isn't really possible?

Bought from Esato Market? Leave feedback in The A-Z Of Trusted Sellers

[ This Message was edited by: MikLSP on 2005-01-05 22:44 ]
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 18:24
That is one hell of an app!

This message was posted from a K500

msmmsm
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 18:30
Iv'e downloaded the app, extracted it but how do you put it back into a .jar file ?
k4m!k4ze
W710 Violet
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 18:33
@msmmsm - dont extract the files, rename the file's extension from .zip to .jar
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence of your attempt !!
msmmsm
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 18:50
@k4m!k4ze, thanks
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 19:19
wow this is crazy stuff.... this where we can see the end of bluetooth.
any1 tried it? does it work?
Never Give Up!
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 19:38
As I said, I've tried it with 5 different devices & it hasn't done anything!

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 19:44
Pardon me for asking but dont we have enough "Inadequate sad little people” in the world releasing viruses and other security threats on the web?
I had always believed ESATO to be a reasonably sane and responsible community, then I see posts (by what appear to be senior members of ESATO) encouraging people in the use of what is clearly “attack” software.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t “BlueSnarfing” refer to going into some one else’s device and “stealing” their “private” information?

I can see the validity of highlighting the “BlueSnarfing” threat but to actually indulge in it why?

Would you like it done to you? I doubt it, but then the kind of cretins who attack others property normally make damned certain they themselves cannot be attacked and in defence of their pathetic activity use the argument “you should make sure your device is secure” how sad is that!

Mobile phones are consumer products and not purely the domain of the technician and so you are most likely just attacking some poor hard working soul who is just unaware of what can be done to them by a moron armed with a mobile and some attack software!

My view and opinion of those who indulge the propagation of any kind of threat to others is go way we don’t need people like you here, sewerage farms seem the most appropriate home for you.
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 20:23
i hv to agree with Nitro.... but by far thats the coolest craziest app eva... in a bad way ofcoz... i think the app is a scam.. juz to create a hype.. coz that app is really hecker's stuff.. and heckers dont release their magic to public.. kinda weird dont u think..
Never Give Up!
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 20:24
if its based on the original bluesnarfing it will only affect older bluetooth phones like the nokia 6310, 8910 and 8910i an some older ericssons like the t68 etc etc

none of the current batch will allow blue snarfing as all fone companies have increased their security.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-05 20:29
hehehehe... wouldn't it be funny if this app was actually a worm that would email the writer all the info on the phone it was installed on whenever the phone connects to the net? hehehehehe
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 21:18
Quote:

On 2005-01-05 19:44:51, Nitro Fan wrote:
Pardon me for asking but dont we have enough "Inadequate sad little people” in the world releasing viruses and other security threats on the web?
I had always believed ESATO to be a reasonably sane and responsible community, then I see posts (by what appear to be senior members of ESATO) encouraging people in the use of what is clearly “attack” software.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t “BlueSnarfing” refer to going into some one else’s device and “stealing” their “private” information?

I can see the validity of highlighting the “BlueSnarfing” threat but to actually indulge in it why?

Would you like it done to you? I doubt it, but then the kind of cretins who attack others property normally make damned certain they themselves cannot be attacked and in defence of their pathetic activity use the argument “you should make sure your device is secure” how sad is that!

Mobile phones are consumer products and not purely the domain of the technician and so you are most likely just attacking some poor hard working soul who is just unaware of what can be done to them by a moron armed with a mobile and some attack software!

My view and opinion of those who indulge the propagation of any kind of threat to others is go way we don’t need people like you here, sewerage farms seem the most appropriate home for you.

Am I to assume then that u do not approve of me highlighting this app?

If u read on the website it explains that it is really just to prove it is possible & won't allow any actions which could cost the other person money.

However, I was sceptical to believe that it was possible at all & hence had to try it.

My experience was that it didn't work & then I posted here to see what people think of it & IF it actually performs the functions it claims to.
If many people experiment then we will determine if it has any capabilities and if so what they are AND who may be vulnerable!

As I see it me posting this here is increasing awareness unless u prefer to believe that ignorance is bliss!!!

Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 23:19
Quote:

On 2005-01-05 21:18:00, MikLSP wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-01-05 19:44:51, Nitro Fan wrote:

Am I to assume then that u do not approve of me highlighting this app?

If u read on the website it explains that it is really just to prove it is possible & won't allow any actions which could cost the other person money.

However, I was sceptical to believe that it was possible at all & hence had to try it.

My experience was that it didn't work & then I posted here to see what people think of it & IF it actually performs the functions it claims to.
If many people experiment then we will determine if it has any capabilities and if so what they are AND who may be vulnerable!

As I see it me posting this here is increasing awareness unless u prefer to believe that ignorance is bliss!!!

Hi no I do not belive ignorance is bliss but i really felt the tone of the post was leaning towards promoting this craze if i ahve misinterpreted what was being said then of course I appologise with out reservation. But I do then take it that you condem this craze?
all the best for the new year Nitro
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
parsnip
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-05 23:28
Hi nitro im nitro

This message was posted from a WAP device

MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 23:37
I am neither supporting or condemning, I was determining whether it even exists.
There is no point in condemning something before u even know if it is there to be condemned.

Obviously I agree that IF this could cause people harm or cost them money that's wrong but IF it just let people view phone Nos. & even messages.....what are they going to do with them? Ring people to death?
I realise it is seen as private info but in that case u should shread any mail u put in the bin in case anyone finds & reads it. If someone reads ur SMS what can they do? Nothing! Just say 'he he, I read his messages'

I'm not trying to defend the idea of Bluesnarfing, simply trying put it into perspective.

And back to the original point......there's still no evidence to prove that this app even does anything so
is there even an issue?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi