Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Z1010 - "Memory full"

Author Z1010 - "Memory full"
matssu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-02 11:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, After having used the P900, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to use The File Manager on the Z1010 in the same useful way. It seems like only pics/sounds can be stored on The Memory Stick?? Even though I "have more space" (internal + external) available on Z1010, it's impossible to have E-mails accts, sending MMS, without getting warnings all the time that I'm running short OF PHONE MEMORY..Anyone knowing how to "configurate" my Z1010 better = store as much as possible on the Memory Stick Card?? Thnx / Matt
vee
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-01-02 13:40
hi, welcome and a happy New Year,

it might be a software probelm (most usually is) so you need to reflash your phone with newer software...

the other thing is that some stuff share all memory on SE phones, and some has a limited memory - like SMS for example. I am not sure, but I think you can not store MMS and emails on Memory Stick on Z1010. Pressing volume keys in standby you should be able to see how much free memory you have in the phone...

there is also Master Reset that might be useful (will delete mosto of the stuff from your phone - beware you'll losse contacts, messages, pictures etc.) so you may try that...

dxcore
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-02 15:14
Master Reset doesn't help. You must reflash your phone, it's the one working solution
Sony Ericsson W900i. Just a little future ; )
Unofficial Polish Sony Ericsson Center - http://centrumse.eu

Sony Ericsson, remind W900i is your phone. Buggy phone. Then give us new FW version!
Dispersion
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-05 13:24
Hi, with regards to the limited memory for things like SMS, as far as I know the Z1010 can only hold 100 sms. Is there anyway to change that via software upgrade? Or does anyone know of any programs available for SE which allows for transfer of sms to computer via the cable or otherwise like the nokia with "celless" program?

Thanks for the help.
matssu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-07 12:14
Z1010 - limited memory

Hi all & thanks for replies!

Just learnt: A Master Reset won't help, nor flashing. Have the latest SW.

The thing is that Z1010 can't be compared with a P900 (nor another SMARTPHONE)!

It's was obviously something "very fundamental", I wasn't aware of...

So (as some of you wrote), thera are certain limitations on the Z1010, like "other normal cell-phones".

However with a SMARTPHONE, like the P900 many things works differently...

Luckely I got my Z1010 VERY cheap...

Thnx/Matt
CybaCowboy
W760 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-17 00:39
Once you've set the camera to store its images and videos to the Memory Stick Duo (Menu-->Camera-->More-->Save to-->Memory Stick), it will save to following content to the Memory Stick Duo:
* Pictures
* Sounds
* Videos
* Themes
* "Other" files

All other content is stored in the handset's built-in "shared" memory, which is 4MB...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi