Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > all about phoneparadise.com/tactel gateway for MMS

12  Next
Author all about phoneparadise.com/tactel gateway for MMS
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-03 01:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:
from www.phoneparadise.com

How to set up your SonyEricsson T68i

How to configure your SonyEricsson T68i to use Tactel Funk - MMS Demo Center
1. You need a working Data account (GSM Data or GPRS) (see your operators homepage)
2. In the main menu select "Messages"
3. Select "MMS"
4. Select "Options"
5. Select "WAP profile"
6. Select "Create new" and give it a name like "Tactel Funk"
7. Select "Connect using" and select a working data account
8. Select "IP address" and enter the IP to Tactel Funk (212.247.44.210)
9. Save
10. (Phone to Phone users only) Go back to main menu and select "WAP Services" followed by 8 "Options". In the next menu choose "Wap Profiles". Click on the new Profile you created in step 6 ("Tactel Funk"), followed by "Edit". Step down to choice 4 "User id", and enter you phone number (With country code and +). Save and return to MMS menu.
11. Go back and select "Message server". You can put any value here since Tactel Funk has the WAP GW integrated. There needs to be a value here for the MMS function to be enabled in the phone.

Note: The WAP profile used must be set to Connection oriented data mode (Default)

Your phone is now ready for the world of MMS!

This thread is dedicated about Funk Tactel Gateway and Phoneparadise.com to minimize repeated questions, answers and discussions.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-03 01:24
Just curious, is MMS not dependent on GPRS? The setup says that you can use a GSM data account.

Am not an MMS user, I use a T39. Can anyone try this the GSM data method?
Stajlerboy
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2002-07-03 02:04
I think you only can use GPRS to send MMS.. I have problems with Tactel's MMS service.. Sometimes I can't send MMS it says it can't connect.. It has worked before so it's really strange... Thankful for help..

This post was posted from a T68i

GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-03 02:08
That's what i thought too. But that setup came from their site,that's why i wondered about it.

This post was posted from a T39

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-03 03:24
MMS can be sent via different bearers, such as CSD (GSM data), GPRS, or CMDA 1xRTT (supposedly)

Troubleshooting Tactel MMS gateway:

a) First you must have an access point that allows external gateways. To check this, create a WAP profile with Name = Ericsson, IP = 193.95.167.178, Connect using = [one of your GPRS data accounts]

Important Note on GPRS data accounts: Some operators (like mine, Smart Communications -PH) are configured with more than one GPRS data accounts. And in my case, the data account that works with Ericsson profile above is the one with APN=internet. This is the data account that must be specified in the Connect using parameter, above, as an example. Other operators (such as Globe Telecoms - PH) has only one access point which is APN=www.globe.com.ph in which case, you don't have any option.

b) If you were able to access WAP sites using the Ericsson profile above, then you may be able to access Tactel MMS server by configuring the Tactel Profile as described in post #1.

c) If you are not able to access WAP sites using steps in a) then your operator "blocks" gateways other than theirs, and you can't use Tactel's configuration. End of story.

d) Once you have configured Tactel's profile, you should be able to send and receive MMS. If you have problems sending and receiving, it is because of Tactel's gateway, and not because of your configuration, and there's no point messing you configuration any further.

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-07-03 02:31 ]
JWBlue
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-03 03:45
@arnold: i totally agree with you that it is tactel's problem that we cannot connect sometimes because even staj from sweden is experiencing the same problems... we just tend to get so excited about this new service that we think our configurations are wrong hehe... guys do not panic if you cannot send/receive... MMS is on testing stage, im sure its gonna get better

[ This Message was edited by: JWBlue on 2002-07-03 02:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JWBlue on 2002-07-03 03:01 ]
kutchi manggo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-03 04:09
Guys tnx for the info but im telling you i was able to download MMS without using tactel. So how come? Strange huh! ;-)

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-03 04:17
kutchi manggo, it's probably you're confused or you've got MMS overdose because without the Tactel profile, where the IP address of the MMS server is specified, it is impossible to connect.
kutchi manggo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-03 04:23
Lol, mms overdozed, maybe your right arnoldc, hehehe tnx again :-) maybe i just renamed it ericsson but the actual ip is tactel's :-D

Stajlerboy
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2002-07-03 13:54
I can connect with Ericsson's gateway so I should be able to send MMS with tactel!!
Pimpos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-03 15:53
Im with O2, who currently do not support MMS, but I use the Genie wap settings.

So my question is can I still make use of this service..??

Thanks.
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-07-03 22:57
tactel/phoneparadise worked fine here over gsm untill yesterday (i havent paid, NO WAY im paying 75€ for 3 days of mms...) but it stopped giving me a network error... so it probaly isnt free anymore :/
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-07-03 23:04
hmm just sent myself one... not recieved tho...
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-05 14:35
@epedemic, you can't send to yourself. i mean you can but you won't receive it. don't ask me why
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-07-05 17:23
yes i can... it works again now... i guess they are having trouble with their servers or something...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi