Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Themes, ringtones, screensavers, games, video clips > from .amr or .wav into .mid.is it possible?

12  Next
Author from .amr or .wav into .mid.is it possible?
bogdan_wrc
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-11-30 08:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
How can i transform some sound files from .wav or .amr into .mid, to use them as ringtones?
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-30 08:43
Not possible. When it comes to mid you shall loose immense quality because mid is instruments only

This message was posted from a T610

blackspot
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-30 09:04
You already posted a similar thread before.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=76380

Why don't you continue there so it will be easier to track the replys you received.
resistance is futile.
mkush
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-11-30 10:46
Yeh i thought i had replied to this..

This message was posted from a T610

jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-30 11:06
Ok, I've been seeing threads like this since phones started playing MIDI files... and frankly it's getting annoying.

For the technologically challenged, a MIDI file is NOT a sound file. It's an INSTRUCTION file. It stands for Musical Instrument Data Interface. A MIDI file does NOT play music. All it does is tell the MIDI intrument what notes to play and how to play them.

You CANNOT convert a sound file to a MIDI file, since these aren't simlar files in any way. It's like converting a WAV file to a Word doc. It's THAT far apart. So why can you convert a MIDI to a WAV/mp3 file? That's because you're not really converting the file... what happens during a MIDI->sound file conversion is that the software plays the MIDI file, then records the sound made on your system to a new sound file. That's also why a MIDI file on YOUR PC sounds very different when played back on MY PC or a mobile phone.

That being said... there have been attempts (really sad ones but hey, there have been attempts) at doing wav/mp3 to MIDI file creators. They are about 5x worse than the WORST OCR readers are at converting scanned text to editable text.

With these solutions, you're more likely to end up with something that doesn't sound anything like the mp3 you were trying to convert in the first place.

You're much better off trying to learn how to play the mp3 yourself on a MIDI keyboard.

Or use google... geez.... there are millions of free MIDI files out there of almost every song out now... just lift your mouse finger and click a few times... have we gotten THAT lazy that searching in Google is 'hard work'??????
blackspot
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-12-01 03:33
@jplacson, well said!
resistance is futile.
bogdan_wrc
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-12-01 08:30
well, iīm sorry if i was so annoying, but i was wondering how those long ringtones ( about 3-4 minutes long) are made! and if is so easy to find how come there are a lot of questions (you said it, too) on this topic? is everybody lazy, or there are a lot of us that do not know as much as you??
thank you anyway for your reply!
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-12-01 08:34
I apologize on behalf of our fellow rude Esatonian :-(

This message was posted from a WAP device

bogdan_wrc
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-12-01 08:43
no problem! that why we are here..i believe! to discuss and to find out new things! if he was so annoyed, why did he answer? i didnīt ask him in private! i was asking anyone who wanted to answer!
ThreeX
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2004-12-01 08:45
Itīs not YOU thatīs annoying, itīs the eternal quest(ioning) for an impossible conversion. My guess is that you were simply the drop that made the water run over the edge of the glass
Happy owner of: Ericsson GH198, S868, SH888, R310s, T10s, T28s, A2618s, T39m x2, T68m, T66, SE t68i, T610, S700i, Nokia 2110i, 6210, 8310, 8850, 8890 and 6680 Siemens S55
bogdan_wrc
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-12-01 08:59
if i have a question, am not going to search trougout the entire esato to find a simple answer! its easier to receive an answer! it was my topic! if anybody is close to the last drop, shouldnīt enter such an annoying topic! right?
bogdan_wrc
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-12-23 22:30
Mobile Music Polyphonic is a polyphonic ringtone composition and converting software. It can convert your favorite MP3 wave and midi music to mobile phone polyphonic ringtone. You can write your own music in Mobile Music Polyphonic and save to polyphonic ringtone format file. It can save your music into standard MIDI, SP midi and SMAF format (*.mmf) file. You can convert mid to mmf, mmf (based on midi) to mid, standard midi to sp midi, wave to mmf, mp3 to mmf, mp3 to midi, wave to midi and mp3 to wave file.

how about this????
NOW WHO IS ANNOYING?!?!?
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 03:03
Quote:

That being said... there have been attempts (really sad ones but hey, there have been attempts) at doing wav/mp3 to MIDI file creators. They are about 5x worse than the WORST OCR readers are at converting scanned text to editable text.

With these solutions, you're more likely to end up with something that doesn't sound anything like the mp3 you were trying to convert in the first place.

You're much better off trying to learn how to play the mp3 yourself on a MIDI keyboard.

In case you didn't read my reply. That's one of the programs I was talking about. If you're happy with the results of MMP, then good for you. I suggest you try the program first and really see it's MP3->MIDI conversion capabilities before you start sending me private messages.
bogdan_wrc
S700
PM
Posted: 2004-12-24 08:05
``You CANNOT convert a sound file to a MIDI file``...in case iīve red your topic!! it says very clear.....
and if itīs that bad...can u tell me how those payable ringtones are made that some of them really sound good?!
kooki
T630
PM
Posted: 2004-12-26 17:04
where can i get this software?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi