Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > NEW BLUETOOTH HEADSET !

Author NEW BLUETOOTH HEADSET !
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 16:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2002-01-21 16:34, adamrj wrote:
And another thing - I heard a report a few months ago that normal handsfrees may be worse than just using a phone as they act as an aerial, of which your head is the top. With bluetooth, you're sending/receiving ratio waves upto 10 metres as opposed to several kilometres, so surely it's a much weaker signal than the phone anyway?

Adam

Yes the bluetooth signal is "weak".

Some say that headsets are worse than the phone itself,..and some dont.
I dont know if someone have come up, with a final conclusion to this.
There have been several tests, stating different things.

Jan

trancedancer
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 17:04
This is really interesting...

[ This Message was edited by: trancedancer on 2002-01-21 17:05 ]
Johntx
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 17:43
jh67,

Your original post indicated it is for "right-eared" use. Will it also work for those of us who are "left-eared"?

Keep up the good work, it looks great....
svenbocklandt
W800
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 18:44
Hey Jan, now the next thing your company has to design is a tiny digital camera with bluetooth, being nothing but the lense and bluetooth chip. Make it so we can view the live moving image on our T68 when taking pictures...
I'm preordering one already
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 19:39
Quote:

On 2002-01-21 17:43, Johntx wrote:
jh67,

Your original post indicated it is for "right-eared" use. Will it also work for those of us who are "left-eared"?

Keep up the good work, it looks great....

---------------------------------------------

JOHN : Funny thing, hehe,..I actually use left ear too I think most people could use the Bluespoon on right ear, it sits very close and firm,..and sound-quality is good.
I would prefer left ear, but it works good for me on right ear,..sooo Just gotta get use to it, hehe !

This version of Bluespoon is only for right-ear use.
Basically its made this way, according to statistic material (we produce earplugs/headsets for army, special forces, firefighters and security), and the statistics say:
80 percent right ear,
20 percent left ear.

Thats the main reason,..the other reason is the way the "ear-ring" is made/sits on the back of the headset.

It might come later on, in e.g. the next version. Or in custom-made version, which are made exclusively for THAT specific person.

We have been discussing the "right/left" a lot of times in the company.
But with the construction of the headset, we had to go with right ear for now.

AND Of course, this is also a "money-matter", and its Nextlink's "first shot" with bluetooth headset.
Which means A LOT of money have been invested in the development of this particular headset.

Some things will have to wait, its sad, but thats the way it works,..when you also live in a "money-world"

We have the newest in bluetooth, very expensive battery, and very good sound, and some of the smallest microphones available.

Materials dont actually come cheaper, when you want to construct the smallest bluetooth headset in the world, hehe.

At the same time, we wanna be able to sell it, at a reasonable price.
And we are going to achieve this too

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 19:45
Quote:

On 2002-01-21 18:44, svenbocklandt wrote:
Hey Jan, now the next thing your company has to design is a tiny digital camera with bluetooth, being nothing but the lense and bluetooth chip. Make it so we can view the live moving image on our T68 when taking pictures...
I'm preordering one already

Hehe,..someone actually asked me almost the same question earlier on.
I am gonna talk to the bluetooth-engineers about this, and another "thing".

It might not be that impossible to do.

We do have a lot of "weird" ideas about bluetooth, and how it could be used.

I'll try and ask them

Jan

johanch
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 20:29
Hi Jan.

I contacted the Norwegian website DinSide(www.dinside.no). They are soon going to write and test a lot of bluetooth devices and when I heard that, I sent them an email where I told them about the Bluespoon. Dinside.no is one of the most visited sites here in Norway. A lot of materials about cars, computers, gas-prices, personal economy +++ A very good site for comsumers! I recieved a reply on my mail and they say that the product looked very good and they probably will take it in their "bluetooth-testpanel". The guy that replied my mail, said that he was going to contact Nextlink tomorrow and try to get a test-device. What do you think? Is it possible for the press to test the Bluespoon? If more people in Norway knew about this device, I'm sure that you are going to sell A LOT!!! That guy from dinside.no is Thomas Marynowski. If you get the Bluespoon out to the visitors of dinside.no, I'm sure that you will do well here in Norway. What do you think?
johanch
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 20:38
How many pre-orders have you got till now, Jan? It's certainly over 50 now I think Good work!
trancedancer
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 20:42
Here in Sweden too!
We can't wait to get our hands on the Bluespoon!!!!!!
johanch
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 20:46
Hi again Jan.

I have also told IT-avisen (itavisen.no) about Bluespoon. They are also VERY positive!
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 20:59
Quote:

On 2002-01-21 20:29, johanch wrote:
Hi Jan.

I contacted the Norwegian website DinSide(www.dinside.no). They are soon going to write and test a lot of bluetooth devices and when I heard that, I sent them an email where I told them about the Bluespoon. Dinside.no is one of the most visited sites here in Norway. A lot of materials about cars, computers, gas-prices, personal economy +++ A very good site for comsumers! I recieved a reply on my mail and they say that the product looked very good and they probably will take it in their "bluetooth-testpanel". The guy that replied my mail, said that he was going to contact Nextlink tomorrow and try to get a test-device. What do you think? Is it possible for the press to test the Bluespoon? If more people in Norway knew about this device, I'm sure that you are going to sell A LOT!!! That guy from dinside.no is Thomas Marynowski. If you get the Bluespoon out to the visitors of dinside.no, I'm sure that you will do well here in Norway. What do you think?

Hi Johan

That sounds neat, thanks !

I think the press will be able to test it, if not right now, then very soon.

Of course we would like as many magazines/websites all over the world, to test/review the Bluespoon. And yes, the more people know of it, the better

I think we will do well in Norway too. And Sweden for that matter.

I'm not really sure, which places in the world, will sell most of the devices.
I hope all of them !
We wanna sell worldwide, and offer the Bluespoon to everyone, not just one market.

People should have the oppotunity to purchase the Bluespoon in their home-country. It might not be realistic in the beginning, but we're working on it

Thanks again for telling about us

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 21:00
Quote:

On 2002-01-21 20:46, johanch wrote:
Hi again Jan.

I have also told IT-avisen (itavisen.no) about Bluespoon. They are also VERY positive!

Hey Johan,..thanks again

Maybe I should hire you, hehe.

Jan
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 21:02
Quote:

On 2002-01-21 20:38, johanch wrote:
How many pre-orders have you got till now, Jan? It's certainly over 50 now I think Good work!

Yep Johan, going up day by day

Expansys are taking in quite a few, hehe.

Jan
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 21:06
Quote:

On 2002-01-21 20:42, trancedancer wrote:
Here in Sweden too!
We can't wait to get our hands on the Bluespoon!!!!!!

Neither can I

I would love to see it in the stores tomorrow,..unfortunately things dont work that way, hehe.

We are really working on it,..and fast too

Jan

johanch
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 21:28
I can't wait! Hope it will be out very soon! But don't work too fast either, the bluespoon have to be a high quality product! I have contacted two more websites, and they are all thrilled! I think Nextlink will recieve some calls from Norway the next few days
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic