Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > NEW BLUETOOTH HEADSET !

Author NEW BLUETOOTH HEADSET !
owizard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-01-18 21:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Jan,

I have returned my HBH-15 today. I am going to wait for your Bluespoon headset. Thanks for your info and updates.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-18 21:38
Quote:

On 2002-01-18 21:09, owizard wrote:
Hi Jan,

I have returned my HBH-15 today. I am going to wait for your Bluespoon headset. Thanks for your info and updates.

Your welcome Owizard

I'll post info as fast as I can

BTW: If you want to find out, just how big the headset is, or rather how small, then go into the kitchen and :

Take two tea-spoons and put them together, and you have a Bluespoon.
The covers/shells (top and bottom) will fit inside a teaspoon.

So its very small !

The "Idea" to the bluespoon, actually came from two spoons put together. And therefore the name Blue"spoon".
This is quite funny I think, and the true story of Bluespoon.

Jan

Jan

rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-19 00:24
Have you guys thaught that you will be wearing a mini microwave-oven a few centimeters from your brain??

I would avoid this kind of toys and rather usee a normal HF-kit...

my 2 (Euro)cents
owizard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-01-19 13:09
Hi,

I feel that Nextlink would conduct all necessary tests to ensure that the radiation levels are within permissible limits. What do you think Jan?

In some tests conducted in the UK, radiation levels while using a regular handsfree (not Bluetooth) found to be higher than normal radiation levels.
zahid
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-01-19 13:54
It's way too COOL Jan.. It will surely hit the market on it's relese date.. Anyweay.. I'm from Denmark.. And i wanted to know how much it will cost in Kr.
And when it will be released her in DK!? Ofcourse when you have the info..

Zahid..
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-19 14:43
Quote:

On 2002-01-19 13:09, owizard wrote:
Hi,

I feel that Nextlink would conduct all necessary tests to ensure that the radiation levels are within permissible limits. What do you think Jan?

In some tests conducted in the UK, radiation levels while using a regular handsfree (not Bluetooth) found to be higher than normal radiation levels.

Quite right OWIZARD
Nextlink is a very professional company, and of course tests have been made. Actually these things are tested all the time, and follows international standards.
Nextlink.to. makes professional custom-made headset for e.g. army-special units, security, firefighters, and have done this for quite a while, and with a lot of success too

The "radiation level" of Bluetooth is at the same time very low,..a very low freqency.

There're different opinions on radiation while using handsfree. The bluetooth headsets were said to have lower level of radiation than non-bluetooth.

One other thing is,..that the Bluespoon doesnt have the "ear-plug" that ordinary headsets have.

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-19 14:47
Quote:

On 2002-01-19 13:54, zahid wrote:
It's way too COOL Jan.. It will surely hit the market on it's relese date.. Anyweay.. I'm from Denmark.. And i wanted to know how much it will cost in Kr.
And when it will be released her in DK!? Ofcourse when you have the info..

Zahid..

Thanks Zahid

I will know more about the price and release-date, in the end of january/start february.

I'll write as soon as I have more info

Jan

owizard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-01-20 15:19
Hi Jan,

The Expansys website is still showing the old image of Bluespoon prototype. May be you should send them a new image. Cheers.

www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=NL_BLUESPOONV30

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-20 15:24
Quote:

On 2002-01-20 15:19, owizard wrote:
Hi Jan,

The Expansys website is still showing the old image of Bluespoon prototype. May be you should send them a new image. Cheers.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=NL_BLUESPOONV30

OWIZARD : yes I know hehe.

Actually my CEO is invited over to Expansys here in January. And I guess the "old proto" will be exchanged for the new Bluespoon

They probably havent had time yet to update their pictures

Jan

Lusipher
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 07:34
Quote:

On 2002-01-19 00:24, rene wrote:
Have you guys thaught that you will be wearing a mini microwave-oven a few centimeters from your brain??

I would avoid this kind of toys and rather usee a normal HF-kit...

my 2 (Euro)cents

Yeah!!! microwaved n busted brain, served fresh, hot and with lots of ketchup!
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 09:52
Quote:

On 2002-01-19 14:43, jh67 wrote:

The "radiation level" of Bluetooth is at the same time very low,..a very low freqency.

I would not say so. Bluetooth operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM (Industrial Scientific Medicine) band. It is in the same frequency-band as the microwave ovens...
mms
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 11:18
I have not done any scientific or academic testing on radiaton levels, but I can share some facts:

Ericsson HBH10 radiates at 10mW= 0.01W
Microwaves are powered with 1000 W
During 1 year of usage I have not felt any heat or brain damage yet (I think...
Mobile phones radiate max. at 2W
Some people wear their phone in their shirt's pocket, right near their hart; and AFAIK: there are no reports yet that anyone was killed by a ringing phone that was radiating at 2W...

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-21 13:36
Quote:

On 2002-01-21 11:18, mms wrote:
I have not done any scientific or academic testing on radiaton levels, but I can share some facts:

Ericsson HBH10 radiates at 10mW= 0.01W
Microwaves are powered with 1000 W
During 1 year of usage I have not felt any heat or brain damage yet (I think...
Mobile phones radiate max. at 2W
Some people wear their phone in their shirt's pocket, right near their hart; and AFAIK: there are no reports yet that anyone was killed by a ringing phone that was radiating at 2W...

TRUE MMS

I'm using bluetooth headsets as well.
AND mobile-phones too
And other devices too.

Some people will always get sick, develop cancer or something,..but I dont really believe that its got something to do with wearing e.g. a bluetooth headset.
These people would get sick either way. They simply have those symptoms. And "something" might just "trigger" those symptoms.

All I know is that the companies making Bluetooth-devices, all have a certain/specific standard, which they have to follow. I know that Nexlink follow these international standards.

Another thing,..you dont usually wear your headset the whole day, and you certaintly dont sleep with it either.
And if someone dont want to use a headset,..well, then dont

Jan

owizard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 15:16
I am a heavy mobile user. I used the HBH-15 Bluetooth headset for at least 2-3 hours everyday in the last two weeks. Personally, I didn't experience any health problems. Cheers.
adamrj
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-01-21 16:34
And another thing - I heard a report a few months ago that normal handsfrees may be worse than just using a phone as they act as an aerial, of which your head is the top. With bluetooth, you're sending/receiving ratio waves upto 10 metres as opposed to several kilometres, so surely it's a much weaker signal than the phone anyway?

Adam
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic