Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > NEW BLUETOOTH HEADSET !

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author NEW BLUETOOTH HEADSET !
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-06 15:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Musicear >

We follow international standards/requirements, of course. Just like e.g. Ericsson, Nokia and all the rest.

And tests/measurements are conducted, and have to be within limits.

I cant really give any numbers/figures on this,..simply because I'm not into this specific technical issue.

I believe the bluetooth Consortium (SIG) sets these standards. There're a lot of members in this group, including Nexlink.

Jan

adamrj
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-06 17:25
Quote:

On 2002-02-06 14:38, musicear wrote:
jh67:What about the radiation of bluespoon?

Are there any measurements?

I don't see why the radation from Bluetooth should be anywhere near as bad as that from the phone itself - surely the Bluetooth signal is *far* weaker than the GSM signal?
stefanlim
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-07 04:09
What is the battery specs for the headset ? eg. standby time and talk time.

thanks.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-07 11:55
Stefan : talktime is 6-8 hours.

Standby-time is high too
(cant remember the exact time right now, sorry)

(we use pretty expensive batteries : polymer)

Jan

sindu
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-08 12:34
I had just discover this "bluespoon" and Jan I must compliment for a great work done. I can't wait the thing hit the store in Asia...I will be the first one to get a hand out of it. The next thing you should design is the bluespoon for the MP3 (headset)..Go Go Jan..
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-08 16:11
Sindu...Thanks

Well,..we are working on different things using Bluetooth.
We have some ideas/concepts. I have already made several concepts,..that might just be produced.

UPDATE ON BLUESPOON :

I talked to my CEO today.

he's going to Japan in march or April,..bringing the Bluespoon and some ideas for the japanese/asian market.

Its pretty sure to say, that the price of the Bluespoon will be lower than the Ericsson headsets.
(in DK.kr that means under 2000 dk.kr.)

Its very hard to say anything about the pricing,..but bluetooth-devices seems to get cheaper month by month.

RELEASEDATE : still very hard to say. This depends on materials, especially the bluetooth-moduls. And we will be using the newest available.

We dont want to sell a "non-finished" product, or something that will be "old" before even hitting the streets.

Its also a question of how many should be produced.

Expansys in UK have already got more than 100 pre-orders,..and its growing day by day.

You have to take everything into consideration. And Nextlink are "new" to this Bluetooth-thing. So everything has to be extremely well and carefully planned.

And of course you have the "if something goes wrong",..e.g. delays on materials, production.
We hope that nothing goes wrong, and we wont be delayed,.but no one knows

I'll keep posting new info, when I get it

Jan

peterelder
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-08 16:19
if some one has already said this sorry but u can get this head set www.expansys.com just go to the T68 accesories

[ This Message was edited by: peterelder on 2002-02-08 16:21 ]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-08 16:33
Peter > well, yes you can preorder it, but its not out for sale yet.

I will let you guys know, when it will be released.

Jan
Bluespoon-designer
owizard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-08 21:05
Hi Jan,

I am sure that Expansys will get more pre-orders once they post "new Bluespoon images" and estimated price at their website. I think it will also help Nextlink in formulating its initial production strategies.

I am really surprised that they still don't have the latest images.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-08 21:33
Hi OWIZARD :

I dont know why they dont use them. I believe that the new images were sent to them. Might not have had the time to update it yet,..but I dont really know.

They would probably get more pre-orders, if they used the new pictures.

We already deliever Invisio-custom-made headset to the Microsoft Executives Security. And they are very interested in the Bluespoon as well,..sooo

My CEO should visit Expansys,..I think it was here in February.

And he's going to Japan in march/april.

At the moment we're also talking about advertising/the commercial/promotion part.

So there's a lot of different things going on right now, and a lot of stuff have to "fit in".

Next week we're gonna look at the 3d shapes/forms that the CAD-designers have done.

I'm going back to my "pencil & paper work-table" this week. Have some ideas/concepts, that I'm going to show on a meeting in about 10 days from now

Of course, I'm also working "ahead", meaning design of the "future" versions, special editions and so on.

So for now, theres quite a lot to do

Jan

johanch
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-09 22:39
Hi Jan.

Nice to hear that the prize will probably be under 2000 d.kr, but what will the prize be on the norwegian market? Can you estimate a prize? We got high VAT (tax) here in Norway you know Stupid taxes.... But I hope it will not be too expensive, think I will buy it via expansys.com. Keep up the good work my friend!

Johan
owizard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-10 03:30
Hi Jan,

Congratulations, I have just spotted this Bluespoon article at Infosync. It seems Bluespoon is getting the coverage it rightfully deserves. However, Infosync mentions an estimated price of $300 (£210) and the expected release date is June.
I just hope that you can release it a bit earlier. Cheers.

http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=1422

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-10 16:03
Thanks Johan

Well prices/VAT (taxes) are very high in Dk as well.

I dont know how much you pay for a mobilephone in Norway.

I paid 4000 dk.kr for my T-68 here in DK.
And I paid 2000 dk.kr for the Ericsson bluetooth headset.

Try to compare this your prices

My guess is, that it will be pretty much the same.

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-10 16:30
Hey OWIZARD

Yes I saw the article too at Infosync.
A good article.

But then again, an article in a magazine, doesnt tell everything. They have some info, but far from all. Basically because there's not enough room for that

The prices given by Joen (Nextlink) is estimated "first-release prices".
meaning that maybe the first ones offered (could be e.g 100-500 sets) could be a little more expensive. This depends on the market-prices as well, of course
Nextlink doesnt know either what the market will look like in e.g. 2 months from now.
When mass-production moves on, the prices will drop. At the same time, bluetooth-devices gets cheaper,..and so will the headset.

All this info about prices and release-dates in different articles/websites,..are, as I told before,..to be on the "safe side".
Better to be safe than sorry

We dont wanna run into the usual : "YOU PROMISED US" thing.

We all know that phone-manufacturers are "very good" when it comes to "promising" things,. e.g. prices and release-dates.

The only phone that ever hit the market, when it was actually supposed to, was the T-68 All others were/are "late".
At least, thats what I've encountered.

Jan

owizard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-10 18:48
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the info. Can we still assume that we would be able to buy Bluespoon at the end of Q1?

I know the difficulties associated with bringing a new product to the market. So, I am quite happy to wait as long as Bluespoon becomes available within a reasonable time frame. Cheers.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic