Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Previous  123 ... 678 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-09 03:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Joining me on the couch is one of Esato's elite, I say elite because there are relatively few of them on Esato, North Americans. An Esato regular, he is often to be found posting on a range of subjects in various threads. He doesn't usually mix his words and offers frank, but helpful advice. It is of course Residentevil.

What do you like most about Esato?

Residentevil says:
The picture threads, because you get to know your fellow Esatonians better.

Who is your favourite member?

Residentevil says:
Kimcheeboi, because we started about the same time, lives in the same time zone and he is a very funny guy always in the mood to chat.

Who is your favourite moderator?

Residentevil says:
Masseur - Very knowledgable, professional and patient. He must be very good at anger management

What has been your favourite Esato moment?

Residentevil says:
My very first post. I was so excited.

What has been your least favourite Esato moment?

Residentevil says:
All the times when the Esato server is down.

Being an American member of Esato, how do you feel about it being very much an Eurasian dominated forum?

Residentevil says:
Even the US is a large country with 285 million residents, the amount of people in the American forum is tiny compared to the Eurasian forums. Thankfully you and other posters are helping out from time to time. Personally I am disappointed about the lacking participation of US people. I wished there were more of us.

Americans often get criticised, especially recently, how do you feel about that on Esato?

Residentevil says:
I feel really good about that, because I am not an American and I criticize them myself.

Which mobile are you currently using?

Residentevil says:
P900 and T630

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

Residentevil says:
The successor of the P910.

Do you have a message for Esato?

Residentevil says:
Thank you - to everyone who makes this forum a great place to live.

Please join me when I will be chatting with Sammy_boy, Ayush and slattery69.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-09 16:04
Today, on the couch, I have one of Esato's 'regular Joes'. He consistently posts sensible and pertinent advice and opinions and can be found posting in a variety of threads. Perhaps over looked sometimes, he is nontheless one of Esato's stalwarts; slattery69.

What is the best thing about Esato?

slattery69 says:
all the people from all over the world the different views. its available all the time and people are always on.

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

slattery69 says:
dont really have one maybe wapchimp or boyi when they were about more.

slattery69 says:
had no real contact with any of them must be to much of a good boy. i pick massuer as hes always polite when he pms me to tell me ive posted in the wrong thread (which ive done quite a few times)

What is your favourite Esato moment?

slatter69 says:
the comedy of double standards it happens at least once a week. ie se starts putting radios in there phones people think its the best think since sliced bread. the same people a few months before were laughing at nokia saying radios were a total waste of time.
i love to read these double standards they happen a lot and always entertain me

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

slattery69 says:
ive havent really got one ,if i get critised for a view itdoesnt realy bother me if i get something wrong and people let me know i see that as a good thing, so i keep learning

You mentioned to me that you don't consier yourself that well known, why do you think this and are you bothered by this?

slattery69 says:
i did this as i thought it was a great thread and i wanted to see it continue. you get to learn a bit more about people sat on your couch (though i am not sure if the doors needs to be locked and you to be wearing your mothers dress).

In a recent interview methylated_spirit mentioned how he thought some of the Esato 'old guard' looked down on newer members; as one of the older members, do you agree with this?

slattery69 says:
i can see where he s coming from sometimes you can feel it (i get that way sometimes as i aint a huge poster just a watcher) but i dont think its done deliberate its just some people have been posting together for years so know little in jokes etc that would naturely come out like if you were taking to your friend s in the pub.

slattery69 says:
a nokia 6600 (stop the boos from the cheap seats your only up there as you bought se) and a t610 (keeping it real for the esato massive)

slattery69 says:
the next k700 also mpx300 (i think thats the numbers)

slattery69 says:
i d like to say something uplifting but i cant think of anything. enjoy your time it maybe the last.

I hope you can join me again soon when my guests will include Ayush, miss uk and Esato legend, ajack.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-09 16:07
Superb thread, keep 'em coming. ajack, cant wait!
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
plasmadog
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-11-09 19:39
bravo bravo!!
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-09 21:08
Bravissimo
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-09 22:37
Getting better
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-09 23:01
@scotty may i suggest some members? wapt, threex, bart, matteus, jplacson, borg, leks. Thx.

This message was posted from a T68i

vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-09 23:08
nice job scots

is he professional or what!!!

keep it up - what about some pics

of the couch! [addsig]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-09 23:49
Joining me on the couch is one of Esato's oldest members and a fellow Scot. He is one of those Esatonians who needs no introduction, it's Superluminova.

What do you like most about Esato?

Superluminova says:
Hi, Thanks for inviting me on to your rather relaxing couch, Its very hard to define what I like most about Esato but I’d have to say that it’s freedom to talk to people about any subject not just phones and also getting the chance to speak to people from all over the world.

Who is your favourite member?

Superluminova says:
Erm… I don’t really have one. Your all my favourites, lol

Superluminova says:
Masseur as I’ve only every really spoken to him, but when I have spoken to him he has always been very helpful, so he kinda win’s by default.

Superluminova says:
The first UK thread and the beginning of the second one, because most of the time we’d just talk about random subjects and also the amount of post it used to receive each day was scary, page after page. Those were fun times.

Superluminova says:
I don’t have one as life’s to short to worry about what happens on the web, so nothing at all.

You are one of the oldest Esatonians, have you noticed any changes since you joined Esato over the years?

Superluminova says:
Yeah the pace of esato has slowed down a considerable amount since I joined, but I think that’s due to the fact that technology in phones isn’t as exciting anymore, because in the beginning when the t68 came out the colour screen and features were new and revolutionary and also we didn’t expect so much from our phones. Where as today people complain if there phone doesn’t have a 5 mega pixel, 3x optical zoom camera within a phone the size of a t66.

Despite being one of the oldest members, your post count is relatively low; have you become bored with Esato or do you just not post a lot?

Superluminova says:
My post count is low due to personal reasons, when I joined esato I was in my first year at college and I had a set timetable, where as now at university my timetable isn’t set and I have more work to do and because I don’t have a timetable I don’t know what I’m doing one day to the next so I never really have time to post anymore.

Which mobile do you currently use?

Superluminova says:
At the present time I’m using the s700i, and I’m loving every second of it as it my favourite toy until, something new catches my eye.

Superluminova says:
Nothing as SE haven’t announced anything that I really like, the v800 looks interesting from a design point of view but other than that it looks like I’ll be keeping the s700i for the foreseeable future.

Superluminova says:
Yeah, keep up the good work as I feel that its running nice and smoothly at the moment.

Thanks again for let me relax on your couch,

Supperluminova

I hope you enjoyed the interview and will be able to join me next time when I shall be interviewing k700nut. Please also look out for my upcoming chats with miss uk and Esato legends ajack and MixiN.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-09 23:04 ]
RichLok
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2004-11-09 23:51
Such knowledge of my fellow Esatonians!
I applaud you scotsboyuk. Indeed a landmark thread!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 00:17
On the couch this time I have one of Esato's newest and fastest rising stars. He has been making a name for himself with frequent posts across Esato and has come to be regarded as a friendly face by more than a few; I am speaking, of course, about k700nut.

What's the best thing about esato?

k700nut says:
the best thing about esato is the wide array of subjects that are covered here,in addition to that,they are often answered by knowledgeable people,and often promptly.

Who is your favourite member of esato?

k700nut says:
there are a few,but first and foremost i'd say jn,axxxr,lynx69 and yourself.i often cry with laughter at your and jn's statements,and i like lynx69,cos he's ordered me some free o2 sims.lol.

What's your favourite esato moment?

k700nut says:
not really been around long enough to provide an answer mate.

What's your least favourite esato moment?

k700nut says:
as above on this one mate,sorry.

You haven't been an esato member all that long,and you seem to have inntegrated into the esato community very quickly.many newbies post a few times and don't participate beyond that,what made you stay?

k700nut says:
i decided to stay,because it's a very knowledgeable,friendly and often humerous msg board.i think i'll be stayin for a while.

Older members are often blinkered in their view of esato;is their anything about estato you find off putting?

k700nut says:
i like most things about esato,but often feel nokia users get dismissed to a degree....but i suppose it's predominantly an se board really.

k700nut says:
i've got 5,but am presently using a p900.

What mobile are you most looking forward to?

k700nut says:
i'm intrigued by the v800...but aren't going to buy one.

Do you have a message for esato?

k700nut says:
my message to laffen,masseur,etc,is;keep up the a1 work,and keep this msg board the GREATEST in the world!

Next time my guest will be one of Esato's most famous members, MixiN. I hope you will all be able to join me on the couch for that.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-09 23:31 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 00:29
My guest on the couch is one of the all time greats of Esato, although I'm sure he would hate that title, being as modest as he is. Famed for many things, not least of all his fondness for a certain Dutch Esatonian, it is arguably a pink P800 that he is best known for; I am of course speaking of the one and only MixiN.

What is the best thing about Esato?

MixiN says:
this is where i'm supposed to say "it's a great place to chat to like minded people and it's fun too"but the best thing about it is the fact i can naff off and not post for a bit and come back and it's all the same pap

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

MixiN says:
I'm not to sure. Vlammy is my fave but shes not an esato person now i've met her... of all time, my favourite member of esato has to be Eamonn.

MixiN says:
I'll say laffen. Not as much a moderator, but more admin, but he's like a God to us all.

MixiN says:
favourite moment: Making the pink800 and sideways software hoaxes were top fun. I've never seen anything of mine spread through loads of internet forums so quickly

MixiN says:
least favourite moment: erm March17th 2003 was a black day for esato. Use the search to find out more

As one of Esato's most famous and respected members, do you feel that you can't post the way you would want to?

MixiN says:
Not at all. just because i've been around for a bit longer than other members, doesnt mean i should act any different. I'll always make my point clear if i feel the need, and i'll say it however i feel fit

I have asked a question similar to this one to a few members now; do you feel that there is a negative relationship between the older Esatonians and newer members?

MixiN says:
Not nessesarily between older and newer members. I personally think that because more and more people are joining and the community is becoming larger, there's gonna be more flaming and mixed opinions. I wouldn't say "veterans" hate "newbies" and visa versa. Although there are some newer members i can't stand!

Names?

MixiN says:
no comment

MixiN says:
Ericsson T66

MixiN says:
Suprisingly there are no new mobiles i like. Had my eye on the S700 for a bit but no it's been released, i've realised i have no need in my life for it

MixiN says:
12th december 2006 - Mark it in your diary. It's the day the Earth will end.

Oh, and remember to bring on of those lint roller thinghies if you get interviewed. I think scotsboy here lets his dog sleep on the couch

Thank you to my guest, MixiN, and I hope you can join me again soon when I will be interviewing Ayush, miss uk, Staz081227 and Sammy_boy.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-09 23:33 ]
Asterix
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 02:25
Bravo scotty!, getting better every day, really enjoyed today's interviews, specially @mixin's.

[ This Message was edited by: Asterix on 2004-11-10 01:25 ]
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 02:30
If we order transcripts does MixiNs one come in pink?
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 02:39
@Gigs

Perhaps I can persuade MixiN to publish some nice pink ones for you.

@all

Thanks awfully for the feedback, very much appreciated. There are more interviews coming up and I would like to remind everyone that anyone who wishes to sit on the couch should pm me.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-10 01:59 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic