Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-01 02:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello and welcome to the couch. I have one of Esato's rising stars with me, a new face in the Esato list of regulars. So often we focus on the veterans, but I wanted to chat with one of the newer members to find out what he thought of Esato. Please welcome nickorooster.

What is the best thing about Esato?

nickorooster says:
The fact that it is always changing (the forums). I can almost always come in here and find something new I can post about, or if I’m in trouble mobile or even relationship wise (Go the Lonely Hearts Thread!!) I can come and get some advice from great people. (Or people with great post-counts, but I guess it’s almost the same thing)

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

nickorooster says:
Probably Methylated_Spirit or Masseur or someone. I don’t really have favourites. But actually, now that I think about it, Davo_169 is my type of guy, along with djkizlive… Well, to be honest there aren’t any people I DON’T like in Esato, so you are ALL “special” !!

Who is your favourite moderator?

nickorooster says:
To be honest, I don’t even really know who the mods are. So, there are Masseur… And… Who else? Is Axxxr a mod? I know Laffen is a mod (and from what I’ve read, the founder of Esato [Go you good thing!!])

What is your favourite Esato moment?

nickorooster says:
I don’t really have that many moments that stand out above the rest… I guess I like helping people out with things, so when people PM me and ask me for something, I always try to help, and often things turn out to be in my favour too! People have given me ah… Lets say freeware… and other stuff that I find useful .

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

nickooroster says:
Probably the US election. I was choosing the lesser of two evils in going for Kerry… (Not that I voted or anything, but I felt he was the better choice) And that wasn’t even really an Esato moment. There haven’t been many dark times since I arrived.

How well do you think you have integrated into the community here?

nickorooster says:
I hope I’ve integrated fairly well… I’m currently a student at a rather boring school (things are repeated WAY too many times) so I seem to get distracted and find myself on Esato at least once every 10 minutes, with a break for lunch. Sad? Yes. But its better than paying attention .

Do you think that there is a problem between the more established members and the newer members?

nickorooster says:
Well, being a bit of a ||008 myself, I find that there are no barriers to Esato, unless you are a complete twit (Like that Greek War thread you so kindly pointed out to me).

With various prominent members having left in the recent past, do you think Esato is becoming more of a general chat forum rather than a dedicated mobile phone forum?

nickorooster says:
What prominent members have left? There are so many people on the forum that it seems to have an infinite supply of “regulars”. But if I’ve offended anyone by not noticing they are gone, I do have a bit of a memory problem, so don’t feel bad .

You commented recently (very recently) that you didn't know what 'The Greek War' was; will you be looking at more old threads?

nickorooster says:
Well, yes actually. I recently went back over some of the old threads, some were interesting, some weren’t so great . But I think I’ll mostly stick to current discussion!

Why did you move from New Zealand to the UK?

nickorooster says:
I didn’t. I was born in Christchurch, to Kiwi parents, and as soon as I was old enough to fly, I moved to Oman. From there it was the Netherlands, then Buenos Aires (Argentina) then Perth, AU, and now here, in the UK. Perth was really nice, second only to the South Island of NZ… But in answer to your question, it was due to my father’s contract running out in Perth. He got a position here.

What do you like to do when you are not online?

nickorooster says:
I shudder to think of times when I’m not online. I suppose there is sleep, and Basketball, but I have to have an “Online” fix before and after to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms. No, actually, I like to play Basketball, squash, and I like playing with my airsoft guns… I’m going skirmishing in Chobham (UK) this Sunday, anyone coming ?

What would you do if you were moderator for the day?

nickorooster says:
I don’t know, they do a good enough job to mean that I wouldn’t have much to do! I guess I might combine some of the similar threads (like all of these “I have a p800 problem” threads). But aside from that not much.

Which mobile are you currently using?

nickorooster says:
Thankfully, I got my p800 running again, using a screen from Excel Direct (on ebay). Thank a major religious figure (Gotta be PC) for those guys! Yeah, so I’m using my p800 now, and using to the greatest extent I can!

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

nickorooster says:
The p900. Yes, you heard me right. The p900. I am still impressed with my p800, and I suppose when the price is low enough I’ll go and ebay myself a p900 or (with any luck) a p910. But as for new phones, probably the next in the p series after the p910. But it better have WiFi support. That feature is SERIOUSLY needed in the p series.

Do you have a message for Esato?

nickorooster says:
Help others like you would expect to be helped. Also, refreshing the page will not make someone reply (a tactic that I still seem to use too much )

Thank you very much to my guest, nickorooster, and please do join me again soon for more banter on the couch.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-08-28 05:06 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 02:45
@scotsboyuk - Nice one mate ! Try interviewing more of the 'newbies' I might just find my username voted as their favorite - 'mod' ! [addsig]
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-01 06:34
@jojo

bonito99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 07:55

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2005-02-02 08:26 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 13:26

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2005-02-02 08:26 ]
bonito99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 17:29

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2005-02-02 08:27 ]
nickorooster
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-02-01 19:47
My god that was a harsh post.

Edit: The post I made a comment on was removed. But it was harsh. You'll have to trust me on this one .

[ This Message was edited by: nickorooster on 2005-02-02 20:25 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-02 00:11
@jojo & bonito

No fighting in here please, take it outside.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-02-02 00:27 ]
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-02-02 01:07
Have'nt read this thread for a while. Still is going strong. Keep it up mate
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-02 09:28
JN and Bonito, your comments were not appropriate so I "cleaned" your posts.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-02 17:01
@arnoldc

Thank you, it is very much appreciated.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-03 06:32
Looks like someone drew a blank.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-07 02:14
On the Couch Special

Three years ago Esato faced the greatest crisis in its history; with money and time running out, Esato stared death in the face. The site that we so enjoy today was on the edge of the abyss. Many members have no knowledge of this event or the members who rallied to Esato's defence.

In a major coup for the Couch I will interviewing one of the members who remembers that time, but he is not just any member. He is arguably the one who did the most to rally Esato to laffen's side and helped prevent almost certain doom. With sensible advice and stirring rhetoric he inspired others in Esato's darkest hour. He is the first of The Contributors and, in my opinion, one of the greatest ever members of Esato.

I hope that you will all be able to join me when I shall have the great honour of speaking with Wuz.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-08-28 05:10 ]
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-02-07 08:27
oooh, some quality hyperbole there, scotty!

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2005-02-07 07:28 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-07 09:24
@meths

Thank you, I thought so too.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic