Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Previous  123 ... 343536 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-24 18:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Back in Blighty I am joined by another Esato veteran. Perhaps not too familiar with younger members, he has been more active of late and I decided to find out what his views of Esato were. Please give a very warm welcome to 619.

What is the best thing about Esato?

619 says:
no uptight mods, very nice layout and viewable using any wap devices

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

619 says:
not sure, probably all the members of pinoy chit-chat in the asian forum

Who is your favourite moderator?

619 says:
cant mention, they might get jealous of one another if i mention 1.

What is your favourite Esato moment?

619 says:
was able to post while driving; meeting the esato members during christmas partys, gimmicks, and hopefully on valentines day (yuck!)

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

619 says:
when it was down

Despite being one of Esato's oldest members you have posted relatively little, why is that?

619 says:
actually posted alot, but our mods keeps on deleting older threads, thats why my post usually goes back to 100+

Do you miss any of the older members who no longer post?

619 says:
not quite, because we sometimes meet, call and im

Do you think Esato needs a 'new look'?

619 says:
nah, it's good enough

How has Esato changed over the years?

619 says:
didnt really notice, as i post everyday, cant see the difference, maybe i have to ask other members who are not active to come back and observe

Which mobile are you currently using?

619 says:
P900, z1010, t68, t39 and r520

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

619 says:
P910 successor and v800

Do you have a message for Esato?

619 says:
none as the moment.

Thank you to my guest, 619, and I hope you can join me again soon when I shall be speaking with SE-Naz, nickrooster and veteran Esatonian buckle247.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Ing. FijoK
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-24 18:32
nice one
I saw the man who can change my destiny... He stood in the mirror.
deeone
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-01-26 17:30
@scoutsboyuk try and interview those you might not consider Esato's legends once in a while. You might find it really interesting.
djpowelly
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-26 17:32
@the last poster:

The whole idea of this thread is to interveiw faces (or names!) that we all know, not newbies!

And its SCOTSboyuk!

Come visit us at Minted Forums!

[ This Message was edited by: djpowelly on 2005-01-26 16:32 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-26 17:42
Welcome to another interview on the couch with me, scotsboyuk, and my guest this afternoon, who is one half of another Esato pairing. He has recently co-created a new forum and has a love of cars. I am sure most of you will know that I am speaking of djpowelly.

djpowelly says:
Having so many things and people to talk about/to. I know that when I click the latest posts button, the will be something new I can talk about.... thats what I love

djpowelly says:
Errr... thats a hard one - probably Vanquish, becuase we like the same sort of things, and get on pretty well. Also Vlamm is always there to provide and answer, and meths to provide some humor !

djpowelly says:
Masseur - he's helped me alot with small questions, and also with a few Graphics coursework problems - a big project on SE packaging!

djpowelly says:
When us young'uns were regognised! Both me and vanquish started a "if your under 16 post here" sort of thread, and we realised how many of us there were! I was amazed actually

djpowelly says:
I sort of remember the "RIP esato" phase, even though it was early in my membership, so probably that...

Many members may have heard that you are currently co-administrator of a new forum; can you tell us about it?

djpowelly says:
Well then, many members would be right! Vanquish and I were talking about the increasing size of the mobile-free forum, and thought it would be pretty cool to start a new forum on lifestyles and hobbies. I was only meant as a joke at first, but with alot of time and hard work from Vanquish, and everyone else involved, this 'joke' came alive - and is now mintedforums! Visit us: http://www.mintedforums.com!

There are a number of partnerships on Esato, govigov and whizkidd to name one, but can you tell us how you and vanquish interact on Esato?

djpowelly says:
Well apart from my flaming of is arguments, we PM each other, MSN each other, have a go at each other and get on with each other! And we are working on the 'one post after another thing' that govigov and whizkidd do

Who would you say has made the greatest impact on Esato since you have been a member?

djpowelly says:
A number of people - you bring the relaxed atmosphere to the place, meths and kim. bring a joke to nearly every thread, and merc_man and jiggy bring alive the For Sale forums

Do you think Esato needs a new look?

djpowelly says:
No! Its is amazingly easy to use, and the non-personalised avatars and simple signitures make the forum neat and tidy. Its also quite friendly for my connection over the O2 http proxy !

What do you like to do when you are not online?

djpowelly says:
When i'm away from my computer, anything with cars is good! (I should quote vanquish with my funny obsetion with Ferraris and Ford Capri's ). I also enjoy the odd game on the PS2!

djpowelly says:
I have just bought a Black 3G NEC c616v, which i am pretty happy with, just got to get it unlocked now ! I am also using my old SE T300 until I get the NEC unlocked.

djpowelly says:
I can't wait to get my hands on a SE smartphone, so the Pxxx successor!

djpowelly says:
Keep it as it is - and i'll come back every night! O and thanks to @laffen and the mods for making this forum a great one

Thank you to my guest and please do join me again soon when I shall be chatting with more Esatonians on the couch.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-08-28 04:57 ]
djpowelly
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-01-26 17:58
Thank You scotsboy! That couch is comfy - almost as comfy as my leather computer chair
djpowelly
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-27 17:19
Good afternoon and welcome to the couch. I have the pleasure, today, of speaking with one of Esato's American members. A native of Sweden he managed to pop onto the couch for an interview whilst visiting his homeland. Please welcome amagab.

amagab says:
Fast replies. Can always find/provide solutions/answers.

amagab says:
There are many. You being one of them.

amagab says:
masseur

amagab says:
When jh67 announced the Bluespoon

amagab says:
Whenever someone spams

Do you think that Europeans and Asians have a tendency to be arrogant towards the American mobile market?

amagab says:
Not necessarily. However, the American mobile market is more than just GSM and not many Europeans and Asians have knowledge and/or experience in that technology.

What would you like to see change in the American mobile market?

amagab says:
More standards and interoperability in technology and language. Better selection of SE phones.

Do you ever feel 'left out', so to speak, here at Esato because the majority of members are European and Asian and because there are often discussions on advanced technology, which Americans may not see for some time?

amagab says:
Not at all. It is good for Americans to be part of world technology being discussed on Esato.

You have been a member of Esato for some time, do you feel that Esato needs a 'new look'?

amagab says:
Yes and no. Yes because the look is getting old. No because the current board is so good and if there was a change to something newer I'm afraid it would slow it down.

amagab says:
T610 (my awesome backup after getting rid of my P900)

amagab says:
A not-too-big SE smartphone with Wi-Fi

amagab says:
I will be moving back to Hawaii soon and hope to bring more islanders to Esato. Mahalo!

Thank you to my guest, amagab, and join me next time when I shall be speaking with nickrooster, SE-Naz, lazarini, ThreeX and Esato-Nokia legend, Flying Finn.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-08-28 04:59 ]
shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-28 09:26
i never tire of reading this thread.....good work scots

really dig the bjerk interview......
True Bravery is arriving home late after a boys' nite out, wife waiting with the broom & u ask: "Are u still cleaning or are u flying somewhere"
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-28 09:44
ive always wondered how you did it, is it through PM or do you chat on MSN or what??
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-28 11:43
@davo

Most interviews are conducted through PM, but one or two are 'live' through MSN.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-28 15:06
oh kool
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-01-28 15:15
@scotsboyuk - Make a 're-interview' of the old ones will you, I mean some kind of a sequel, say, Jojo-round 2 [addsig]
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-28 15:21
or a davo -round 1 lol jj
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-01-28 15:25
@davo_169 - You haven't been interviewed yet . .. mate [addsig]
Davo_169
T650 Gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-28 16:15
nah man, i dont mind anyway. i still feel like a newbie anyways.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 343536 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic