Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-19 20:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am joined, this evening, by one of Esato's most committed members. He has fast become one of the most prominent Esatonians and his name is surely known to every regular member. Posting light-hearted comments as well as helpful advice he has become an integral part of the community. Please give a very warm welcome for whizkidd.

What is the best thing about Esato?

whizkidd says:
The best thing about Esato is its vibrant, international and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Members from different backgrounds cultures & regions participate in animated discussions ranging mainly from phones, to - ways of using their phones in the loo! I feel privileged to say that i'm an Esatonian! Isn't it gr8 when you have friends in all six (or seven?) continents! (P.S - Sorry to anyone from antarctica! )

Who is your favourite Esato member?

whizkidd says:
Well... that would be a loooong list. But still, here are some. Boba, Jojo, you scots, vlam, meths, sammy, leks, kim (Where's he?), bianca, 50 cent, AYA and friends from the Nigerian thread. And all my friends from our one and only SE INDIA THREAD!! There are many many more!

Who is your favourite moderator?

whizkidd says:
Well they all are great. But masseur, tranquil and GOwin are the ones i know more. So it has to be between them. I'm planning some kinda wrestling bout between the trio to come to a final decision! Any ideas other than the wrestling one to choose the best among them would be welcome.

What was your favourite Esato moment?

whizkidd says:
That was when i found that there was an (not so active then) Indian community here. And also when i found out that Sammy_boy, like me, was interested in astronomy. (Sammy, our Astro thread is in the dumps. Any plans of reviving it? )

What was your least favourite Esato moment?

whizkidd says:
It was when our old SE India thread had to be locked (don't ask me why) other than that, there were no bad moments? I have always enjoyed my time on Esato. But there was a time when my operators ip was blocked due to misuse by someone and i wasn't able to access Esato for about two months. That was terrible!

You are one of Esato's most active members, what interests you enough to post in so many different threads?

whizkidd says:
Ah.... shall i take that as a compliment?! 98% of the time i access Esato on WML. Thats why, i can see the latest topics. If interesting, i post. But most of the time, i post in the SE India thread. I would be only happy if i am of any help to anyone!

Does the post count matter to you?

whizkidd says;
It did- when i was new here. But not now. After crossing the 500th, i have lost track of my post count 'cause on WML, i can't see my post count. Also, i believe post counts really do not reflect how good, bad or helpful you are. They are mere statistics.

You and Govigov seem to be in something of a partnership; how did that come about?

whizkidd says;
Not exactly a partnership. But i noticed that whenever i'm online, he too is present. If i am correct, gov is the fastest guy to break into the top 20 posters club! I saw that we share many things in common. Eg. He is from Kerala in S.India, had a T230, he is a nocturnal creature posting at unearthly hours. I mean, this is what i do! Naturally, we had to bump into each other!

What would you do if you were moderator for a day?

whizkidd says:
I would be mean. I would order all members to collect money and "gift" a P910 for me - or risk being banned! Jokes apart, i would try to find out what exactly masseur and party goes through while modding a forum as big as Esato. I would also peek into the moderators forum and find out whats discussed there! I'm sure it must be another garbage forum. I mean, what can five guys possibly discuss in a forum solely for them. It must be filled with crap!

Do you think Esato needs a new look?

whizkidd says:
Maybe. I dunno. But it doesn't matter to me. As long as the members and the warm atmosphere of Esato remains the same, i would be happy. Besides, no change in look would matter to me as i am always on wap!

Which mobile are you currently using?

whizkidd says:
A T230, and i love it! It was due to this phone that i came to know about the existence of Esato. I would still be in nokia territory if it were not for this phone!

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

whizkidd says:
Well....i can only look forward. The phone i would love to have is the P910. But i'm sure i won't be able to buy it any time soon. I'll probably have a go at a cheap nokia symbian phone just for a change. But SE is where my heart is!

Do you have a message for Esato?

whizkidd says;
Yes. Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to understood! I have another message for Esatonians on the first page of the SE India Thread- thanks to scots for the interview and best wishes for all the future members who will be on the couch after me! Thanks @all!

Thank you to my guest and please do join me next time when I shall be chatting with Esato legend, Elrond.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-19 19:21 ]
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-19 20:28
Boy, whizkidd has got me in stitches :lol: Jolly good interview, guys.

This message was posted from a P800

whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-19 20:36
Thanks AYA!

This message was posted from a T230

govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-01-19 20:39
Hey whiz, i read the whole thing on wap! Congratulations, Cheers mate!

This message was posted from a K500

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-01-19 23:08
Good interviews, them Thans for the nmecheck whiz!
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 02:04
@whizkidd - Many thanks for including me in your - 'list' mate ! [addsig]
lenn24
T230
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 02:07
Apparently the majority of you already they are friends, it(he,she) hurts that my English language is very scanty [addsig]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 02:15
@lenn24 - Don't worry about that pal, as long as we understand/comprehend each other's - 'message' . . . everything else will be just - fine [addsig]
lenn24
T230
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 02:19
That good, initially(originally) sense discrimination [addsig]
mrao
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 02:55
@whizz..great interview...way to go
t610 > k700i > p800 > p900 > p910 > k750i > I-mate Jam > Blokia 6681 > HTC Prophet > HTC Wizard & Nokia N73 > E71 > BB 9000 > HTC Desire > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S II & the Motorola Xoom
<br />
Still Shiny but not so n
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-20 03:44
Joining me now is one of Esato's most respected members, a true stalwart of the forum. Here I chat with him on how he views the different communities on Esato, especially his own Sloavkian community and how he risked his job for Esato. Please join me in welcoming Elrond to the couch.

What is the best thing about Esato?

Elrond says:
The best thing about Esato is to have a community with members knowing a lot of mobile phones and other things. You can also make friends here from different countries and meet people you wouldn’t dream to meet in real life.

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

Elrond says;
All members are equal, but there is a few that extract from the crowd and you surely know who they are. Also I would have horror from my life if I wouldn’t say that I like all the people from Slovak forum.

Who is your favourite moderator?

Elrond says:
This question is hard to answer as I only see masseur and tranquil online. All moderators doing an awesome job, but I see only these two and they helped me. I like tranquil ‘cos playtime and masseur helped me with my iPAQ.

What is your favourite Esato moment?

Elrond says:
My favorite moment was, when I won playtime during a work. I was so excited and I hided from my boss. I risked my job, but it was so funny.

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

Elrond says:
When a few people left Esato, but that's history. I’m now only sad, when Esato is down.

I don't think I could find many Esatonians, if any, who would argue with me when I say that you are something of an Esato institution; what do you attribute your popularity to?

Elrond says:
I’m popular? Didn’t know that. I do not appear in Esato so much as in the past. I helped a few people, but I think I would be popular ‘cos the Slovak forum as the creator of it.

The Eastern European community on Esato is very active indeed, recently the Slovak forum overtook the UK thread as being the biggest thread based on the number of replies; what do you chaps find to chat about so much?

Elrond says:
We chat about everything. About mobiles, cars, girls, jobs, free time. It’s a normal chat as others, nothing special, nothing more, nothing less.

Would I be correct in thinking that Esato's Eastern European community is more close-knit than other communities on Esato

Elrond says:
Maybe. And a reason would be, that we meet us in real life too, not only on Esato. We are all a good friends to each other. Maybe, not maybe but surely this made it too that we’re posting so much and become Nr. 1.

I must briefly mention your name, which you presumably took from the books by J.R.R. Tolkien; what did you think of the films?

Elrond says:
Yes, I liked the elf Elrond, so I’m using his name. The films aren’t so good as the books, but was fantastic too. Many people criticize it from many things that wasn’t in the movie or wasn’t in the book. As example Tom Bombaldil wasn’t in the film or the destruction of the Shire. On the other hand the love between Arwen and Aragorn was only reflected in the book and in the movie it was a huge romance story. But in the end I liked the books and also I liked the movies.

Do you think Esato needs a 'new look'?

Elrond says:
Do not really need a “new look”, but this is one is old and a new one wouldn’t be bad. But then Esato would lost it’s originality. When you go to Esato you know you’re on it, but other phpBB forums looks like the same. I personally like Esato how it looks like.

Which mobile are you currently using?

Elrond says:
I’m currently using my oldie Sony Ericsson T300 and I connect it with my iPAQ 4150. But it’s times are soon over.

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

Elrond says:
I like the T-Mobile SDA much. Also the i-mate JAM is very good. I’m currently waiting for more reviews of it, especially the review of masseur.

Do you have a message for Esato?

Elrond says:
There isn’t much better in this life than finding a way to spend a few hours in conversation with people you respect and love. You have to carve this time out of your life because you aren’t really living without it.

Real Live Preacher, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, August 27, 2003

And may the power of search be with you.

A very big thnak you to Elrond for chatting with me and I hope to see you all again when my guests will include SE Naz, nickrooster, riflogic, Jim and dave_uk.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-20 02:44 ]
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-20 04:11
Congratulations on another triumph scotsboy. Really enjoyed your interview Elrond.

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-20 06:57
Really good interview.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Atlis
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-20 12:16
Heeeeey Elrond... nice words!
no cellphone...
Elrond
V800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-20 12:33
Thank you all. Also congrats to scotsboyuk and his great idea for this thread. It was a real pleasure to read this whole thread. I really enjoyed it.
May the power of search be with you
Proud owner of a HTC HD2, T-Mobile SDA, K750i, Nokia 6120c and a HP iPAQ hx4700
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic