Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 303132 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-17 13:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Good afternoon, joining me on the couch today is one of Esato's newer members. He has fast integrated himself into our community and has made many a friend in the process. A proud Nigerian he stands for one of the areas of the world little represented on Esato. Please give a warm Esato welcome to AYA.

What is the best thing about Esato?

AYA says:
Being able to talk about mobile phones and technology in a close-knit community

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

AYA says:
That would have to be between BobaFet and Scotsboyuk (yes, you!)

Who is your favourite moderator?

AYA says:
I have only 'met' Tranquil and Masseur till date, and it seems to me that they both do a good job. Of course, it so happened that Tranquil was watching from behind the scenes on my regional thread when I made a special request for people to send my wife goodwill messages on her birthday last year. He was the first person to send one and that warmed my heart to him. I am naturally biased towards anyone who gives my wife a treat

What is your favourite Esato moment?

AYA says:
I particularly enjoyed the friendly punches Masseur and Tranquil threw themselves on the belated thread marking the latter's birthday recently.

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

AYA says:
Can't pencil one down YET.

You live in Nigeria, which is a relatively poor country when compared with European nations; do you find it offensive that other members should be commenting on how much they want a new mobile, which may very well cost more than the average monthly wage in your country?

AYA says:
Not at all. Nigeria (like any other country) is primarily responsible for its people's standard of living. Anyone tries to make it look otherwise is kidding himself.

Personally, I have used over 20 different mobiles (including quite a few high-end ones) in the last 3 years, and methinks maybe some of my own countrymen would be offended at that too. I could have done something else with all that money, but like someone said, I wouldn't have had so much fun

Many Esatonians may have a steretyped view of Africa, can you give us an indication of what the mobile market in Africa, in general, is like?

AYA says:
Africa has vibrant mobile markets in a number of key countries, with millions of new subscriptions yearly. South Africa has the largest and most vibrant till date. But then, nigeria has the fastest growing network and is the fastest growing market at the moment.

No doubt, most subscribers do nothing more than voice calls and SMS, but a significant (and increasing) number are taking up data, including CSD, GPRS, EDGE, and (yes) UMTS.

What is your primary means of access to Esato?

AYA says:
My mobile device, which is also my primary means of access to the internet. I run over 80% of my business online from my mobiles. That includes administering hundreds of web hosting accounts, publishing webpages and files, and of course, good old email. You could correctly call me a mobile freak.

Do you think Esato needs a 'new look'?

AYA says:
A new look is always welcome, but looks is certainly not what drives Esato. Its the spirit, and I hope that never changes.

Which mobile are you currently using?

AYA says:
The original smartphone, SE P800 is my primary device at the moment, although I have a few other mobiles.

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

AYA says:
Was looking at the MPx, but I have not been particularly encouraged with initial reviews (bugs and all), so my eyes are on the 9500 unless SE comes out quickly with something that can match that.

Do you have a message for Esato?

AYA says:
Its always better to be friends than to be at loggerheads with one another. And to Laffen and his team, thanks for a great home online!

Thank you to my guest, AYA, and I hope you will join me again soon for another chat on the couch.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
nickorooster
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-01-17 13:38
Good Stuff AYA and Scotsboy... There were a few questions that I wanted answered there too.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-17 13:40
@nickrooster

I am glad you enjoyed AYA's interview.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-17 21:27
Great Interview scotsboyuk.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
marlonski
W902 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-01-17 21:32
nice one scotsboyuk and aya ! another enjoyable interview
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-18 03:20
Next time on the couch!

I hope you can all join me on the couch soon when my guests will include SE-Naz, whizkidd and the legend that is Elrond.
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 05:23
yeah, i am waiting for the whiz kidd..
gbrooks3
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-18 13:11
That was a great interview, really enjoyed reading it, thanks to scotsboy and AYA.

Because the platform sends bogus messages while charging, that is why!!!..But why this change of heart?..We sense a charger connected, oops, we will not shut down after all!!!..*********************** UI BASIC, HOLD YOUR HORSES
nickorooster
P900
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 14:04
Wow ScotsBoy, is there a wue or something? Where did the questions go?
bacanito
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-18 20:24
scotsboy...check ur pms
"Knowing how the game works doesn't make you a player."
Bacanito's Canadian Forum
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-18 20:59
Good evening and thank you for joining me once more on the couch. Every once in a while I get to interview one of the true legends of Esato and my guest this evening is one such legend. Not suffering fools gladly, he has been known to speak his mind when he feels someone is being a fool. It is my great pleasure and privilege to be speaking, this evening, with bacanito.

bacanito says:
The friendliness of the people when you need help...

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

bacanito says:
Favorites....hmmm...well, there's a few...but if I think of who has been the nicest to me, I'd have to say bobafett. But I hate to give one person all the credit...theres more...scotsboy, bianca, wapchimp, kimcheeboi is cool too, danberte (had offered to mail me a charger)...westimini, ESTOR from my Canadian thread...i know im forgetting some, so sue me...I can just say that the nice people I know are the ones that keep me coming back to Esato.

bacanito says:
I haven't been on Esato regularly in a while now...the main one I've seen in action was Masseur...he's not one to act like he's above anyone else.

What is your favourite Esato moment?

bacanito says:
Having the highest amount of replies to a Canadian thread ( i think) hehe

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

bacanito says:
When this one member, I won't name any names, came on my thread, started talking out of his ass and dissing another member...after couple of PMs, he backed down...but he acted like such a child, and this was a veteran...if you go on my canadian thread, you will see his message deleted, but i replied with a quote, which should still be there. Other than that, things dont get to me very easily...flame wars are pointless. Which is why rather than taking part in them, I backed off from Esato, coming once in a while to check on the canadian thread and reading articles once in a while.

Oh, and you can include every single post that had "blokia sux" and other comments along those lines...

You have been noted for your views on the recent rise of the 'Rubbish Culture' on Esato, what are your views on this exactly?

bacanito says:
Before I say anything, Im flattered to have been noted for anything, as my posts have become scarce...

Well, people find it very easy to talk shit behind a computer screen...it was never like this @ first on Esato, but as the site grew, so did possibilities of imbeciles to sign up. As I stated in my earlier, flame wars are pointless...we should have some sort of "3 strikes, you're out" type of rule...a clean house smells nice

As a Canadian, why are you a member of Esato when there are other mobile phone forums, which cater much more towards North America?

bacanito says:
Well, I feel somewhat attached to Europe, having lived there almost 3 years. Besides, the mobile news I would find interesting rarely come from North America...

Do you think Esato is too focused on Eurasia?

bacanito says:
Well, I was very surprised when I realized how many users from countries like India and the Phillipines participate here...I just didnt know what the market was like in these countries. Now, do I think it's TOO focused on Eurasia? Well, no. More things happen in these countries as far as GSM and UMTS is concerned...I would stick to north america if CDMA/TDMA could raise even the least bit of interest in me.

Many of the older members have left in recent times, do you ever see yourself leaving Esato?

bacanito says:
It seems like a possibility...I still use a P800 with a k700 on the way soon...but my interest for cell phones is not the same, mainly because im not in the same financial position I was when I learned about Esato...I still love SE and will buy nothing but...Maybe not leaving totally, but participating a lot more than I do now, I couldn't say...Maybe I'll win the lotto

Do you think Esato needs a 'new look'?

bacanito says:
YES! lol

bacanito says:
*Whispers* p800...dont tell anyone lol
But Im supposed to get a k700 in a few weeks..

bacanito says:
Im not really in the news anymore, but I still long to be able to use a Z1010...yeah...north america sucks for that

bacanito says:
Esato....To those who have an open mind and not a condescending one...keep posting, keep the community growing, it's a great place to post...for the flamers and know-it-alls...do whatever you want, you won't last long on this site...one day you're there and *poof*, gone like a fart in the wind!

I think as long as you can keep the losers to a minority, this will continue to be a great source of information for SE users and a friendly community. That is what I found when I first joined, and thats what I hope to find everytime I come back

Thank you to my guest, bacanito, for joining me this evening. Next time on the couch I shall be speaking with whizkidd.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-18 20:02 ]
lenn24
T230
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 21:09
that Couch so comfortable [addsig]
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2005-01-18 21:12
:-) we do miss her lately.

This message was posted from a K500

Demmy
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-19 19:35
that's a cool stuff scotsboy and Aya @Aya, really proud of u brother!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-19 20:20
I am joined, this evening, by one of Esato's most committed members. He has fast become one of the most prominent Esatonians and his name is surely known to every regular member. Posting light-hearted comments as well as helpful advice he has become an integral part of the community. Please give a very warm welcome for whizkidd.

whizkidd says:
The best thing about Esato is its vibrant, international and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Members from different backgrounds cultures & regions participate in animated discussions ranging mainly from phones, to - ways of using their phones in the loo! I feel privileged to say that i'm an Esatonian! Isn't it gr8 when you have friends in all six (or seven?) continents! (P.S - Sorry to anyone from antarctica! )

Who is your favourite Esato member?

whizkidd says:
Well... that would be a loooong list. But still, here are some. Boba, Jojo, you scots, vlam, meths, sammy, leks, kim (Where's he?), bianca, 50 cent, AYA and friends from the Nigerian thread. And all my friends from our one and only SE INDIA THREAD!! There are many many more!

whizkidd says:
Well they all are great. But masseur, tranquil and GOwin are the ones i know more. So it has to be between them. I'm planning some kinda wrestling bout between the trio to come to a final decision! Any ideas other than the wrestling one to choose the best among them would be welcome.

What was your favourite Esato moment?

whizkidd says:
That was when i found that there was an (not so active then) Indian community here. And also when i found out that Sammy_boy, like me, was interested in astronomy. (Sammy, our Astro thread is in the dumps. Any plans of reviving it? )

What was your least favourite Esato moment?

whizkidd says:
It was when our old SE India thread had to be locked (don't ask me why) other than that, there were no bad moments? I have always enjoyed my time on Esato. But there was a time when my operators ip was blocked due to misuse by someone and i wasn't able to access Esato for about two months. That was terrible!

You are one of Esato's most active members, what interests you enough to post in so many different threads?

whizkidd says:
Ah.... shall i take that as a compliment?! 98% of the time i access Esato on WML. Thats why, i can see the latest topics. If interesting, i post. But most of the time, i post in the SE India thread. I would be only happy if i am of any help to anyone!

Does the post count matter to you?

whizkidd says;
It did- when i was new here. But not now. After crossing the 500th, i have lost track of my post count 'cause on WML, i can't see my post count. Also, i believe post counts really do not reflect how good, bad or helpful you are. They are mere statistics.

You and Govigov seem to be in something of a partnership; how did that come about?

whizkidd says;
Not exactly a partnership. But i noticed that whenever i'm online, he too is present. If i am correct, gov is the fastest guy to break into the top 20 posters club! I saw that we share many things in common. Eg. He is from Kerala in S.India, had a T230, he is a nocturnal creature posting at unearthly hours. I mean, this is what i do! Naturally, we had to bump into each other!

What would you do if you were moderator for a day?

whizkidd says:
I would be mean. I would order all members to collect money and "gift" a P910 for me - or risk being banned! Jokes apart, i would try to find out what exactly masseur and party goes through while modding a forum as big as Esato. I would also peek into the moderators forum and find out whats discussed there! I'm sure it must be another garbage forum. I mean, what can five guys possibly discuss in a forum solely for them. It must be filled with crap!

Do you think Esato needs a new look?

whizkidd says:
Maybe. I dunno. But it doesn't matter to me. As long as the members and the warm atmosphere of Esato remains the same, i would be happy. Besides, no change in look would matter to me as i am always on wap!

whizkidd says:
A T230, and i love it! It was due to this phone that i came to know about the existence of Esato. I would still be in nokia territory if it were not for this phone!

whizkidd says:
Well....i can only look forward. The phone i would love to have is the P910. But i'm sure i won't be able to buy it any time soon. I'll probably have a go at a cheap nokia symbian phone just for a change. But SE is where my heart is!

whizkidd says;
Yes. Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to understood! I have another message for Esatonians on the first page of the SE India Thread- thanks to scots for the interview and best wishes for all the future members who will be on the couch after me! Thanks @all!

Thank you to my guest and please do join me next time when I shall be chatting with Esato legend, Elrond.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-19 19:21 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 303132 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic