Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 262728 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 01:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Please give a warm welcome to the man who made all of this possible; he needs no futher introduction, I give you, laffen!

What is the best thing about Esato?

laffen says:

It's members and seeing that the community base rise day by day. I am also thankful that it is possible for me to work with Esato full time.

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

laffen says:

No particular. I like all members who take the time to contribute with helpful hints and trick for others.

Who is your favourite moderator?

laffen says:

No comments

What is your favourite Esato moment?

laffen says:

When I found out that I could make a living of running this web site.

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

laffen says:

First time the site went down, and I was on a music festival far from any computer. I received a phone call from tranquil about the downtime and had to call the ISP support department in the middle of the concert. I missed the second half of the concert with my favorite band L

Why did you create Esato?

laffen says:

Because I had been working as a consultant in the Internet industry for some time, and wanted to start something for myself. I had created a web application called Wapalizer where users could view WAP pages from a web browser. We started the testing of WAP pages with Nokia 7710 and the Ericsson T28 with IrDA adapter + Psion. This started my interest for mobile phones. I didn't find any good sites dedicated to mobile phones and I thought Ericsson was the best manufacture of WAP enabled phones.

Did you ever think that Esato would grow as much as it has?

laffen says:

Close to 80.000 people visited Esato one day earlier this week. A new record is set almost every month. I would never dream about such popularity when I first started this site.

Can you give us a sneak preview of any new features you are thinking of adding?

laffen says:

We will expand the Java game section with support for more Sony Ericsson phones. A couple of other services are also underway. I can't say much before it is released, but one of the new features will probably be a very popular part of Esato. It was the forum moderator Gowin's idea, and I think it will be a killer application. If everything goes as expected, it will be online within one of the first weeks of 2005.

Would you ever think of selling Esato or making it more commercial?

laffen says:

I did receive an offer some time ago, but was not interested. Won't do the same mistake as I did once and sell my "baby".

Have Sony Ericsson ever contacted you about Esato?

laffen says:

No. I've talked to them on several occasions and most of them know Esato, but I have not been contacted directly per email or phone. Well, I received an email from a German attorney representing Sony Ericsson. It was posted a picture of a prototype ("T650" which turned out to be the K700i) in the forum and they wanted this removed as soon as possible.

Which mobile are you currently using?

laffen says:

P900 and S700. Plus the only available UMTS model in Norway produced by another manufacture.

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

laffen says:

I'm waiting for the V800/Z1010 successor. Norway is not a prioritized market for Sony Ericsson and because of this, we get the newest models later than other European countries if we get them at all.

Do you have a message for Esato?

laffen says:

No question is too silly. Just use the search and try to find out if it has been asked before. I think it is better to have two topics with the same subject than no topic at all.

Try to explore other parts of the site from time to time. It was not long ago someone wrote in the forum "I didn't know Esato had a news section"

And to you all: Keep up the good work.

Thank you to laffen for joining me on the couch and please join me again tomorrow for the On The Couch Christmas Special.

"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-13 22:00 ]
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2004-12-24 01:14
Damn he didnt give anything away about features but i cant wait for the new feature which should be up by next month?

Its good to know that you didnt and wont sell Esato

And its good to know you make a good living from what we do best, use your site

Also can i be the first to correct Laffen on this interview Not trying to take the piss btw

Quote:
laffen says:
It's members and seeing that the community base rice day by day. I am also thankful that it is possible for me to work with Esato full time.

Feel free to correct it and then edit this post and get rid of the above quote

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 01:17
Bit late scots its 1:15pm
Top notch interviews

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 01:18
@Lynx69

I am not keen on editing interviews, I prefer to maintain the original interview, but I will edit interviews at the request of the interviewee if there is a good enough reason. I will ask laffen if he wants it changed.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-12-24 00:19 ]
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2004-12-24 01:20
Quote:

On 2004-12-24 01:17:26, Gigs wrote:
Bit late scots its 1:15pm
Top notch interviews

No in UK it was 00:04 when he posted it

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 01:21
@Gigs

As Lynx69 pointed out, the interview was posted at 00:04 am. The slight delay was the due to technical problems.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
soichiro
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-12-24 02:46
and the creator himself has spoken
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 02:51
Oh time delayed.. why I oughta!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 03:22
@Lynx69

With laffen's approval I have now corrected the spelling error.
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2004-12-24 03:25
lol

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 04:26
Wow this was definitely the highlight of the "On the couch" thread. Reading laffen's interview was really exciting. Hearing where it all started.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 04:30
@Residentevil

Remember that the Christmas Special is coming up later today.
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 04:42
You've only got 7 hours till christmas Scots

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-12-24 04:44
@Gigs

In Middle Earth perhaps, but it's over twenty hours here.
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-12-24 05:02
Very good interview, I was waiting for this one Good job scott and laufen I was one of the first that joined this site when it started operating and I'm happy to still be here Although this place could use a few more honies
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 262728 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic