Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 16:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Recently I have interviewed some of the most legendary figures of Esato. With me on the couch now is one of Esato's newer veterans, what exactly does he think of his status and role in Esato? He is a much liked and respected figure, today I am speaking with SCORPIONKING1982.

What is the best thing about Esato?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. Best thing about Esato is the community, its like a big family on here rather than just another mobile forum. You can make some great friends and have a laugh as well as getting pretty much any question about anything answered!

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. Ooh I can't just pick one, there's so many! Best in my opinion are methylated_spirit, JN and kimcheeboi. Meths is my twin by the way and we share a rather special love of frankie howard, ooh matron! [Interviewer's note; wasn't that Kenneth Williams?]

Who is your favourite moderator?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. I don't like mods, little hitlers na I jest, I love masseur, he's lovely, nice hair too.

What is your favourite Esato moment?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. Well about a month ago I split up with my gf and I decided to share my grief with the people here and the messages of support and laughs they gave me really helped. Apart from that it was then I re-designed the wheel.

What is your least favourite Esato moment?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. Must have been when I considered leaving a long while ago. Esato seemed to go downhill for a while and I'd had enough, but like the preverbial boomerang it turned itself around and I stayed

You would be considered a veteran now, do you feel that older members have a responsibility to help newbies?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. Good question dave, I like your style. Yes I'm a veteran but probably one of the less well known ones in all honesty.
There's a lot of very clued up people here and they can get frustrated by noobs as they can ask stupid questions that can be easily found with a search. But we need the noobs, keeps Esato going, so we have to be understanding. If they're still stupid after a while then we hit them To really get into Esato can be difficult due to a large 'in crowd' so we should welcome all with open arms and tea and cake.

Having been a member for a while now, do you think Esato is better or worse than when your first joined?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. Gosh you do like to probe don't you scotsboy Its much better because the garbage threads and general chatting stuff has really taken off adding a sense of community.

What would you do if you were moderator for the day?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. I'd ban EVERYONE just for the hell of it! Then make them pay me to let them back hahhahah *evil genius laugh* anything for a giggle eh

Which mobile are you currently using?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. SE T610 and Nokia 6600.

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. I'm really interested to see what SE come up with for the P1000 but I wont get it. The most interesting phone actually announced is the Nokia 3230 which I'll be getting unless SE can come up with a low end smartphone to compete with Nokia's series 60 phone's.

Do you have a message for Esato?

SCORPIONKING1982 says:
A. Yeah stop stealing my underwear.

Coming Soon! An 'On the Couch with scotsboyuk' Special! scotsboyuk will be sitting on the couch! To find out who will be interviewing him and what he thinks of Esato, please join us next time.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-17 15:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-01-20 07:33 ]
RichLok
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 19:24
Quote:

Pachy says:
Vlam, because she moderates without being one. :-*

I'm still laughing!
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 21:36
Quote:

On 2004-11-17 15:55:41, JN wrote:
@scotsboyuk - Your INTERVIEW with @pachy is the BEST so far, as it REQUIRES very MINIMAL time reading his replies - they are ALL but the SAME ! Good though, you manage to catch him off-guard, just like that of @fijbert . . .

what about me???
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 21:57
no idea

but then again.... my usual state of mind after reading jojo's posts is one of confusion anyway
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 22:20
ah ok

I cant believe no one had much to say about my interview
it's cuz I'm an oldie eh?
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 22:50
I have the honor today to welcome on the couch this moment a man who is well known here at Esato. He is knowledgeable, currently the 10th highest poster and posts in various threads. He is known for long posts and for this very thread. Give a big hand to our one and only - scotsboyuk.

scotsboyuk. Before we begin let me first ask you the question: How does it feel to sit on the opposite end of the couch?

scotsboyuk replies:
I think I prefer my ox blood wing backed interviewer's chair!

What is the best thing about Esato?

scotsboyuk says:
The members.

Who is your favourite member?

scotsboyuk says:
Some may be expecting me to name a certain member here, but my favourite member has always been and still is, pachy.

scotsboyuk says:
masseur, since I have the most contact with him and that he takes my advice on cold remedies. I have to say that in interviewing some of the other moderators for this thread I have a new appreciation for them. I would still like to see masseur on the couch though and laffen too. I get a present if I get laffen on the couch!

What was your favourite Esato moment?

scotsboyuk says:
There have been so many good moments since I joined Esato, it is very difficult to pick out a single favourite. I really enjoyed the mock election thread, which, like Gigs, I am still unsure as to why it was locked. I also enjoyed the banter when BengalBoy would post 'some' of his holiday snaps! This thread is also one of my favourite moments too though, I really am genuinely surprised at how popular it has become, I didn't think it would last much beyond a few pages, if that!

What was you least favourite Esato moment?

scotsboyuk says:
Well I think my least favourite moment would have to be when pachy left, Esato lost one it's stars that day.

What inspired you to bring this thread to the Esato forum?

scotsboyuk says:
I was at something of a loose end and I thought that it might be rather fun. I had read a post earlier that day, which had in its title something about Larry King interviewing members with more than five hundred posts. I asked Vlamm if she would do the first interview and the rest, as they say, is history.

How much time do you spend on Esato each day?

scotsboyuk says:
That all depends on how busy I am. The average would be three or four hours, sometimes more if I have relatively little to do or if there is something interesting happening on Esato. My Esato time is usually spread throughout the day though.

What mobile are you currently using?

scotsboyuk says:
At the moment I have a T68i, T630, P800, P900, K700, S700 and a NEC 616. I do use all of them, but recently I have been using the K700 and S700 more than the rest.

What mobile are you most looking forward?

scotsboyuk says:
I think that would have to be the P1000, or whatever it will be called.

Do you have a message for Esato?

scotsboyuk says:
I would like to finish with a quotation if I may; "Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.'' (WSC)

[ This Message was edited by: Residentevil on 2004-11-17 22:27 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 22:51
@fij

Most of the interviews don't get much comment, but you could be right, maybe you are so old that the newer members don't appreciate you as much as we do!
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
RichLok
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 22:54
Nice interview of scots...
Keep em coming
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 22:55
rest assured we do appreciate you though
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 22:57
@Residentevil

I think I prefer other people sitting on the couch.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 23:03
@Residentevil

Good interragation......ooops, I mean interview
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 23:29
@Staz. Thank you for the flowers.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-17 23:33
Shhhhhhh it was supposed to be a secret
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-17 23:37
uhh busted.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-18 00:41
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic