Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with scotsboyuk

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 454647  Next
Author On the Couch with scotsboyuk
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 00:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
On the couch this time I have one of Esato's newest and fastest rising stars. He has been making a name for himself with frequent posts across Esato and has come to be regarded as a friendly face by more than a few; I am speaking, of course, about k700nut.

What's the best thing about esato?

k700nut says:
the best thing about esato is the wide array of subjects that are covered here,in addition to that,they are often answered by knowledgeable people,and often promptly.

Who is your favourite member of esato?

k700nut says:
there are a few,but first and foremost i'd say jn,axxxr,lynx69 and yourself.i often cry with laughter at your and jn's statements,and i like lynx69,cos he's ordered me some free o2 sims.lol.

What's your favourite esato moment?

k700nut says:
not really been around long enough to provide an answer mate.

What's your least favourite esato moment?

k700nut says:
as above on this one mate,sorry.

You haven't been an esato member all that long,and you seem to have inntegrated into the esato community very quickly.many newbies post a few times and don't participate beyond that,what made you stay?

k700nut says:
i decided to stay,because it's a very knowledgeable,friendly and often humerous msg board.i think i'll be stayin for a while.

Older members are often blinkered in their view of esato;is their anything about estato you find off putting?

k700nut says:
i like most things about esato,but often feel nokia users get dismissed to a degree....but i suppose it's predominantly an se board really.

Which mobile are you currently using?

k700nut says:
i've got 5,but am presently using a p900.

What mobile are you most looking forward to?

k700nut says:
i'm intrigued by the v800...but aren't going to buy one.

Do you have a message for esato?

k700nut says:
my message to laffen,masseur,etc,is;keep up the a1 work,and keep this msg board the GREATEST in the world!

Next time my guest will be one of Esato's most famous members, MixiN. I hope you will all be able to join me on the couch for that.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-09 23:31 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 00:29
My guest on the couch is one of the all time greats of Esato, although I'm sure he would hate that title, being as modest as he is. Famed for many things, not least of all his fondness for a certain Dutch Esatonian, it is arguably a pink P800 that he is best known for; I am of course speaking of the one and only MixiN.

What is the best thing about Esato?

MixiN says:
this is where i'm supposed to say "it's a great place to chat to like minded people and it's fun too"but the best thing about it is the fact i can naff off and not post for a bit and come back and it's all the same pap

Who is your favourite member of Esato?

MixiN says:
I'm not to sure. Vlammy is my fave but shes not an esato person now i've met her... of all time, my favourite member of esato has to be Eamonn.

Who is your favourite moderator?

MixiN says:
I'll say laffen. Not as much a moderator, but more admin, but he's like a God to us all.

What is your favourite Esato moment?

MixiN says:
favourite moment: Making the pink800 and sideways software hoaxes were top fun. I've never seen anything of mine spread through loads of internet forums so quickly

What is your least favourite Esato moment?
MixiN says:
least favourite moment: erm March17th 2003 was a black day for esato. Use the search to find out more

As one of Esato's most famous and respected members, do you feel that you can't post the way you would want to?

MixiN says:
Not at all. just because i've been around for a bit longer than other members, doesnt mean i should act any different. I'll always make my point clear if i feel the need, and i'll say it however i feel fit

I have asked a question similar to this one to a few members now; do you feel that there is a negative relationship between the older Esatonians and newer members?

MixiN says:
Not nessesarily between older and newer members. I personally think that because more and more people are joining and the community is becoming larger, there's gonna be more flaming and mixed opinions. I wouldn't say "veterans" hate "newbies" and visa versa. Although there are some newer members i can't stand!

Names?

MixiN says:
no comment

MixiN says:
Ericsson T66

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

MixiN says:
Suprisingly there are no new mobiles i like. Had my eye on the S700 for a bit but no it's been released, i've realised i have no need in my life for it

Do you have a message for Esato?

MixiN says:
12th december 2006 - Mark it in your diary. It's the day the Earth will end.

Oh, and remember to bring on of those lint roller thinghies if you get interviewed. I think scotsboy here lets his dog sleep on the couch

Thank you to my guest, MixiN, and I hope you can join me again soon when I will be interviewing Ayush, miss uk, Staz081227 and Sammy_boy.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-09 23:33 ]
Asterix
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 02:25
Bravo scotty!, getting better every day, really enjoyed today's interviews, specially @mixin's.

[ This Message was edited by: Asterix on 2004-11-10 01:25 ]
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 02:30
If we order transcripts does MixiNs one come in pink?
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 02:39
@Gigs

Perhaps I can persuade MixiN to publish some nice pink ones for you.

@all

Thanks awfully for the feedback, very much appreciated. There are more interviews coming up and I would like to remind everyone that anyone who wishes to sit on the couch should pm me.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-10 01:59 ]
k700nut
P910
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 02:48
Absolutely excellent.I can honestly see this thread reaching a post count on par with,"i did something naughty today".It's extremely entertaining and informative...And it speaks volumes about the interviewed persons personality.@scotsboy...Ever better,day by day..Keep it up mate. :-D

This message was posted from a Nokia

Asterix
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 02:54
Quote:

On 2004-11-10 02:39:01, scotsboyuk wrote:
@all

Thanks awfully for the feedback, very much appreciated. There are mor einterviews coming up and I would like to remind everyone that anyone who wishes to sit on the couch should pm me.

Sorry, but I keep flying so barely have time unless you can sit with me on a First Class Seat, instead of the couch that way I can feel more confortable
T610 Powered
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 03:01
@Asterix

Turning left on a plane is the best way to travel, at least since Concorde was retired, although Concorde was actually very cramped. The great benefit of First is the free booze. I don't mind an interview on location in the front section of a 747 if you you don't.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
k700nut
P910
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 03:08
@scotsboy;as a matter of interest,how many more more interviews are awaiting print?Seems like You're relatively busy at present.

This message was posted from a Nokia

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 03:10
@k700nut

Well you shall just have to wait and see! I can tell you that I hope to post Ayush's interview within the next day or two and miss uk's is set for Friday\Saturday. ajack's will hopefully be posted within the next day or two and I may post another interview within the next hour or so. Apart from those you will need to stay tuned ...

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-10 03:34 ]
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-10 03:15
Over 100 posts already. Looks like you came up with another good idea Scotsboy :-D

This message was posted from a S700

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 03:29
Joining me the couch is an Esato favourite. He has established a reputation for himself as something of Esato's Mr Nice. He reguarly contributes to threads all over Esato, often offering useful advice to new and old members alike. It is my great pleasure to be chatting with Sammy_boy.

Sammy_boy says:
-The diversity of different people from different parts of the world (although mainly Europe and Asia), all sharing one common interest - and mobiles! And there are some very knowledgeable people here to help on pretty much any subject - I'm still asking for help on some subjects!

Sammy_boy says:
-Not sure if I have one in particular - meths, mince, and you can be very funny, JN is fascinating and wonderfully eccentric, vlamm's nice, bobafett wouldn't harm a fly and gets really excited if you have an /// phone , there's some really interesting characters here, too many to mention!

Sammy_boy says:
- hmmm, not sure, Masseur seems firm but fair, but I'm sure they all do a sterling job.

Sammy_boy says:
- I hate these kinds of questions, never sure what to say! I think whenever I've helped someone with something, and they've posted or pm'd me a thankyou.

Sammy_boy says:
- A scary moment when Masseur pm'd me and told me to watch my language after someone complained - but I was relieved when it turned out to be a misunderstanding and the warning was meant for someone else - I don't think I've sworn really yet on Esato!

You seem to have integrated yourself into the Esato community very quickly; do you consider yourself to be a veteran and do you want to be seen in that light?

Sammy_boy says:
- I'm not sure, I don't feel like I've been here long, but have posted rather a lot! I still feel a bit of a newby next to people like Mixin, Bart, boba, etc.

It is perhaps fair to call you the 'quiet man of Esato' as you rarely engage in the more heated threads; how do you feel about such a title and is this a deliberate strategy?

Sammy_boy says:
- It's strange how peoples' personalities come through, even on internet forums - I'm a quiet person in real life! I think it's a fair to call me that - although I have sometimes made the odd post or comment in a flame war - usually a sarcastic on questioning one! No deliberate strategy - but I might post something silly in a flame war to try to 'de-escalate' it.

Sammy_boy says:
- A K700, and also have a couple of other phones, but the k7's the main one. Just bought a P900 off Merc-Man, can't wait to get that, I regret getting rid of my P800!

Sammy_boy says;
- I seem to have been bitten by the smartphone bug, so I'd like to see the replacement to the P900/P910, should be a cracker!!

Sammy_boy says:
- Be nice to each other - there seems to be a lot of flame wars about at the moment - remember there are always two sides to a story, no one's ever 100% in the right, be a bit more tolerant! And don't take yourself too seriously

Oops, waffled a bit, haven't I, sorry!

I'd like to thank my guest for his time and invite you all to join me again when my guests will include Ayush, Asterix and ajack.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Evil Eye
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2004-11-10 12:04
A good work by scotsboyuk.Well done.
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-11-10 12:09
Manish, pm him and do an interview!
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-10 15:29
Although he has been a member of Esato for less than a year, my guest today has very quickly become a regular face in many a thread. Unlike his cartoon namesake he doesn't have a magic potion, but then again he doesn't seem to need it as he continues to become more popular through his friendly manner. Please join me on location, at thirty thousand feet as we recline in first class, with Asterix.

Asterix says:
The comunity itself, I really enjoy being inside this great group of people talking about so many interesting topics and helping each other day by day.

Asterix says:
@bobafett, he's such a nice person and seems to be waiting to help others.

Asterix says:
hehehe....tricky question?, maybe @masseur, we owe him all this, and he's maybe the most equilabrated of all.

Asterix says:
The day I joined, from that date I haven't stopped posting, I really feel like home (or may I say plane) here.

Asterix says:
When discussion goes off topic and people start hurting each others because of opinions, making it a personal confrontation. It really makes me sad because I trully belive that you have to learn how to accept and understand a point of view diferent from yours, by respecting what the other person thinks.

North Americans seem few and far between on Esato in comparison to Europeans and Asians, but South Americans seem even more under-represented; how do you feel about this?

Asterix says:
It's really weird, we have one of the world's lower rates of PC's and mobile phones per home, but can't stop surfing on the net and sending SMS. Everywhere you go you'll find a south american poster. Maybe that's because we are so comunicative and open to information, or just simply because we like to know about everyhting.

Do you feel that Esato is too focused on European and Asian members?

Asterix says:
No, I think this is a really opened forum and everyone can feel confortable, as confortable as this First Class seat.

Asterix says:
I'm using my beloved T610, and I really enjoy it, it's like my soulmate.

Asterix says:
S700, but price maybe so high on peruvian market that I'm considering an upgrade to K700.

Asterix says:
Just thanks to @all for all the help received, and my deepest hope to continue inside this great team, I'm really glad to be a part of esato, see you on the threads!

Thanks scotty, and keep the good work, best wishes!

Next time I shall be back on the ground and have another guest on the couch. I hope you can join me then when my guests will include Manish, Staz081227 and the legendary ajack.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 454647  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic