Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Previous  123 ... 528529530 ... 181018111812  Next
Author South African mobile discussion
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 11:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To our friends who are celebrating, a most blessed and peaceful Diwali!

And yep, i agree with Psycho, i've quite a few Muslim buddies who'll take a puff, hallucinogenic and otherwise (as do i, on occasion), but who wouldn't touch alcohol with a ten-foot barge pole.
I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-21 11:12
@ psycho, thanks for that info. Now i wonder, am i a muslim? I used to smoke more hubbly than i breathed oxygen every day. I built my own pipe, and it smokes better than any shop-bought hubbly would ever smoke. So, hands up, can anyone guess what forums i frequented before esato? lol! I have heard people, absolute strangers refer to me as the hubbly king,not for the smoking part, but the building part. I think i had about 3 or four hubblys come out of my little workshop, one a double piper with two coals.

Anyway, this habit has nearly died. I smoke about one a week, a big improvement on my minimum of two a day. That is where the whole stoep thing started, sitting outside and smoking hubbly and watching the world go by.

So i am on my way to Vodaworld. I will see what i can do regarding my firmware and headset problems.anyone have anything they want to find out from any shop or manufacturer there? You got 30 minutes to ask, then my phone gets wiped...
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 12:50
Quote:

On 2006-10-21 04:55:00, Kryptik wrote:
Oh man, Wanqa used a naughty word, "assessment"! It ranks up there with acts of self-fornication!!! You guys simply won't believe how much paperwork THAT word alone implies. It's like buying a house, copies of everything in quintuplicate, even though it ultimately ends up in File 13, aka the bottom drawer of an even more jumped-up pen-pusher's desk, right next to the old Lotto tickets, an ancient Ithuba scratch-and-win coupon and the half-bottle of medicinal brandy

@Wanqa, that brew would do really well over here, i'm certain, since it's seems to be so closely related to Nitrous

ROLMAO, the art of creating effective analogies is strong in The Kryptik One.

Supermarket chain Tesco, who have their own network using O2's roaming, have a few interesting specials on the go...
Buy £30 (approx R420) airtime and get a FREE Nokia 1110
http://www.tescophones.com/pa[....]sco-mobile/nokia/1110/tescopp/

...or pay in just £14.97 (approx R210) with the £30 airtime and get a K300i!!
http://www.tescophones.com/pa[....]e/sony-ericsson/k300i/tescopp/

Both phones will be locked, but they're quite easy to unlock for an extra £5.

Not too shabby...

[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2006-10-21 13:52 ]
psychonymphe
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 13:43
The regular store-bought hubblies are useless and 9/10 times they arent airtight.

Personally, i dislike the whole marijuana experience, but i have always found it fascinating how those who smoke NOT AS ANY FORM OF ESCAPISM have such spiritual experiences through it.
"there are three erorrs in this sentance"
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-21 13:58
@psycho: The closest I got to a spiritual experience while smoking weed was a feeling of levitation...that was the first time I smoked sticky icky since then it's just used for relaxation, especially after a tough day... Most of my friends down here would rather smoke good weed than get drunk on liquor(whisky+brandy).
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 14:25
The first and only time i ever tried anything stronger than intsangu was when a buddy offered me a puff of a meth-enhanced joint. Never ever again, folks, i hallucinated bigtime that night, mistook his neighbour's St.Bernard for a sheep, then nearly got knifed while walking home, ended up falling asleep with my teardrop Raybans (remember those??) on my face because the moonlight filtering thru the curtains in my old bedroom was too bright! It never ceases to amaze me how hooked people can get on chemicals; a few minutes ago, whilst standing in the ticket-queue at the movies with Lana and friends, a guy offered me some rocks. It's never happened before, so needless to say, i was rather shocked. In deference to the girls i politely refused, although my instincts told me to use far harsher language. The times they are a-changing, my friends...
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 14:48
Taking 'hands-free' to a whole new level:
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 15:48
...and the subtle art of improvisation:

He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 16:29
Damn, that handsfree looks painful!
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 17:21
Happy Diwali to all my friends in SA
a picture taken with my phone...

brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-21 20:11
lol @ da krypsta for mistaking a St Bernard for a sheep.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
psychonymphe
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 22:05
I've had a few experiences on weed that were undeniably spiritual, but find it very draining emotionally, and physically my body hates it.

I can never relax; i become highly empathic and this has a distinctly different tone as my thoughts become very coherent.

I cant say that i've ever hallucinated... but, Brix, many reports of out of body experiences have been a result of smoking marijuana. An experience like that must prove, unequivocally, that there are realms upon realms superimposed on the one in which we vibrate. I'm the furthest thing from a New Age hippie or a gullible reader (quite cynical in fact) but it never ceases to amaze me how 2000 years has done nothing for our state of consciousness. There is so much proof that god is both a great physicist and a lover and yet, sadly, any personal tribute to our creator is stifled.
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 22:05
My bru, i even spoke to the sheep! Totally out of my bracket, never to be repeated...

Took this pic at sundown while the car was in motion, hence the poor quality of the shot, but zoom in and take note of the confusing roadsigns!!

EDIT: Psycho, i tend to agree with you, to an extent. The possible existence of secondary realms/planes is something which needs to be investigated with more vigour than has been previously bestowed upon it by scientists. There have been numerous findings of hitherto unknown phenomena, but sourcing the funding required to launch an exhaustive investigation into such matters is a daunting task, since scientists who are interested in the paranormal are mostly regarded as pariahs within the scientific community. Yet science has failed to provide conclusive explanations for so many "mysteries"... IMHO established science is either disinterested or afraid of what they may find.

[ This Message was edited by: Kryptik on 2006-10-21 21:18 ]
psychonymphe
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 22:54
I've had a few experiences on weed that were undeniably spiritual, but find it very draining emotionally, and physically my body hates it.

I can never relax; i become highly empathic and this has a distinctly different tone as my thoughts become very coherent.

I cant say that i've ever hallucinated... but, Brix, many reports of out of body experiences have been a result of smoking marijuana. An experience like that must prove, unequivocally, that there are realms upon realms superimposed on the one in which we vibrate. I'm the furthest thing from a New Age hippie or a gullible reader (quite cynical in fact) but it never ceases to amaze me how 2000 years has done nothing for our state of consciousness. There is so much proof that god is both a great physicist and a lover and yet, sadly, any personal tribute to our creator is stifled.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-22 01:54
Just got back home.

@ doc,
Aap kaise hain?
And a very happy Diwali to all you guys as well.

@ da brixsta,
I remember reading, either in this thread or another on esato, that you wouldn't mind considering the Z610i as a possible second phone.
I was in the local Orange shop today, and took a few comparitive pics so that you could get some idea of the physical size of this handset, (apart from just the usual specs and pics available on sites like gsmarena, mobile-review, etc.) as well as of the W850i, with handsets that you are already familiar with.
Taken with the P900 (which can be seen in the reflective outer surface of the phone), so please excuse the poor VGA quality:

Orange are only stocking the blue Z610i for now, and 3 have the shocking pink one. No sign of the black one yet with any of the UK networks, although these are already available from independent UK retailers.

[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2006-10-22 01:41 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 528529530 ... 181018111812  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic