Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 527528529 ... 181018111812  Next
Author South African mobile discussion
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 18:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice going there, Rhino, will definitely pop in and have a look-see at the site.

Guys, there are two fine-looking
Ericsson R380S going for R550 each on Bidorbuy. The Buy-Now offer ends at 8pm tonight, i think.

@Francois, i saw a TyTn there as well, on auction. Current bidding is at the R5700 mark.

[ This Message was edited by: Kryptik on 2006-10-20 17:32 ]
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-20 18:37
@ psycho, the newest english opera cracked can be found on the following link-

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=116808&start=315

Go to this page, bookmark this page, and where the address is, edit it, copy it, and paste it in your default phone browser. The link is high up on the page, the first post in fact, so you should be able to get it easy.

That TyTn should be a tempting offer for a couple of my friends, but they have expiring contracts, high end business contracts, so what is a director to do...
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-20 19:11
@da krypsta: Those offers are quite tempting, especially the TyTn...can't go for the R380s because it doesn't have GPRS.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
medusa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 19:25
Happy birthday to the little one kryptik!
psychonymphe
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 19:55
Thank you Francois. Had already downloaded a version that is pretty much the same. Having a lekker time with my longer messages;)
"there are three erorrs in this sentance"
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 20:44
What a day; I haven't had much of a chance to post today, it's been that manic...oh well, a week to catch up on stuff lies ahead.
@ El Krypto,
There are 3 school terms in the UK, as opposed to the 4 of SA. Each term (Autumn Term, Spring Term and Summer Term) is made up of 12-13 weeks each, with a 1 week half-term break between them.

BTW guys, just something to take into account: I used to own an Ericsson R380 World. If you see one of these on bid or buy, it's worth remembering that these are dual band for GSM 900 and 1900 (the latter for part of the Yank market), but no GSM1800! Thus I could only use sims that operate on GSM900, these being Vodafone and O2. All the others here use GSM1800 or UMTS frequencies.
Now, no surprise, Vodacom is also on GSM900, if memory serves me correctly, MTN operates on GSM1800, thus you wouldn't be able to use a MTN sim in a R380 World.

The one advertised in the link however, the R380s, uses the conventional/ standard GSM900 and GSM1800 frequencies, so no probs there.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 21:02

Thanx Medusa, she's partying it up with some friends right now, maar die een lyk moeër as die ander!

@Wanqa, every now and then there are some really tempting offers on BOB, with the result that i sometimes place bids for a colleague or two who still haven't figured out how to get online. Wouldn't mind sinking my claws into that Tytn either
I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 21:29
I'd happily settle for a TyTN as well.
I can also empathise with the temptations that come with sites like BOB; one can become quite hooked...it took me a while to ween myself off eBaying for hours every week.
There's just so many damn bargains to be had, for all manner of things... but one really has to draw the line at some point.

One very good piece of news for me today was hearing from the deputy head teacher that my pay threshold application has been successful, (one has to provide folders of evidence to justify your application) and as such move into the next upper pay bracket, and will be back-paid from September (start of the new academic year) by next month...happy wanqy!
That'll be a few thousand pounds extra a year after tax, pension, etc.
Methinks smartphone upgrade and superbike beckon sooner than originally anticipated...

Se vir jou dogter dat sy moet lllllllllEEEEEEEEkkker verjaar!

[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2006-10-20 20:30 ]
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-20 23:25
Yes kryptic, pat the little ones head from me:)
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-21 01:58
@ wanqa, that is cool about the money...just imagine, every 1k is equal to 13k here...that is not a joke. It can mean a new car, a house paid off quicker, etc.

What did you guys get up to? Had a few beers at work at the end of the day, went to some wind instrument show(brass band thing) which was okay, not brilliant, but okay. Then pool. Not that we played. All of us too tired. There were this bunch of people from Michellsplein, capies. The one guy came to ask for a joint, and got the thumbs down, then continued to introduce us to everyone. Most of them were piddled out of their brackets:) quite funny! Are muslims allowed to smoke? Just asking, cos there was a supposed muslim amongst them, pudding away.

So that was my evening:)

My myspace music site is online and happily ticking away. Will post a link to it soon for you guys, then you can hear my funky music:)
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-21 02:02
By the way, did you people see, the guy that does ali g used to have an insert with a guy called borat(just the same guy in a different disguise) well anyway, he has a movie launching the end of the month. Silly humour, could be funny:) it seems like a great deal of the marketing of this thing has been through myspace. Borat got over a hundred thousand friends in less than 3 months. I would be interested to see how it does...i like:)
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 02:54
@ Francois,
Absolutely, I'm very thankful for what the system has offered me here; but the evidence for the extra 4-odd thousand before tax etc. did not appear out of fresh air...it was, and still is, a whole lot of hard graft to get to that point.

I think Kryptik mentioned before that he's always managed to not take any work home; locks himself in the class and works flat-out until quitin' time. I do envy that; I often end up having to take loads of work home; whether it's all the detailed planning, resources for these, or assessment data, marking, the tons of co-ordinator's stuff, leadership team paperwork, and so the list goes on. This is a land of $£%*ing paperwork!

Come every school holiday, I have no guilty feelings about having these decent holiday stints.

We had a nice staff social, which only got better when the head teacher eventually left.
One of my sister-in-laws was seeing this Slovakian guy here; before he returned to Bratislava to complete his studies. Anyways, he left me a few different Slovak beers to sample..eish mense, on average the alcohol content is double that of a Budweiser or most other beers we know...they're 10% on average.

Tonight I tried a 'Zlaty Bazant' (Taken with the Nokia 3230:)

It wasn't too bad, but methinks I'll still stick with the Buds...

[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2006-10-21 01:57 ]
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 04:55
Oh man, Wanqa used a naughty word, "assessment"! It ranks up there with acts of self-fornication!!! You guys simply won't believe how much paperwork THAT word alone implies. It's like buying a house, copies of everything in quintuplicate, even though it ultimately ends up in File 13, aka the bottom drawer of an even more jumped-up pen-pusher's desk, right next to the old Lotto tickets, an ancient Ithuba scratch-and-win coupon and the half-bottle of medicinal brandy

The day ended uneventfully, although Lana had herself a blast (many thanx for the well-wishes).

@Wanqa, that brew would do really well over here, i'm certain, since it's seems to be so closely related to Nitrous
I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-21 06:29
@francoislr: Been crazy about Borat since I watched Ali G's first dvd of of his series on Channel 4. He's bloody funny, what I like best is that he makes fun of our hypocrisy and stereotypes.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
psychonymphe
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-21 10:18
Water pipe (hubbly) has always been a past of muslim men's lives... As has dry tobacco if i'm not mistaken... So definitely in modern times, weed would seem a lot more acceptable than alcohol.

Put it this way, i've known a few muslim guys who smoke cigarettes and weed but who don't drink. I think most people would agree that alcnhol is the least holy of the two.
"there are three erorrs in this sentance"
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 527528529 ... 181018111812  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic