Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 526527528 ... 181018111812  Next
Author South African mobile discussion
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-19 23:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That's what ABSA does, Francois. In order for me to access my account i first need to use my ATM pin, whereafter a 12digit password is required.

[ This Message was edited by: Kryptik on 2006-10-19 22:29 ]
Siosal
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 09:46
After having my phone for a week now i can gladly report back my findings.

I have none of the reported hiss that people have complained of when listening to music. Even when Mp3's are converted at low/medium quality I have excellent sound repro.

Today being the 3rd day after a full charge, the battery has only dropped by one bar. That is with gprs usage, listening to music and stand up comedy (I love that stuff and am looking for more), transfering files via bluetooth and 4 or 5 phone calls.

The phone starts up and shuts down quicker than any other SE I have seen. Call quality is excellent. Volume is perfectly acceptable. There is little to no distortion of ringtones.

Multitasking is a breeze and I have experienced no slow down (even after filling up both phone and memory card).

One thing I will say I have found is that the camera is very sensitive to movement and will cause a slight blur if you move directly after pressing the button. It is best to wait until the photo is displayed before moving.

There are only two quibbles I have and they are:
1- The video camera keeps switching back to mms size after I leave and re-enter camera mode (i belive this is the vodafone s/w).
2- I cannot minimize a bluetooth file transfer (this is minor and I couldn't do it on my previous phone, but it would have been nice).

Thats about it. I love the phone. Thats all i can say.

It took me 5 hours to comletely drain the battery from 20%. And that is 5 hours of really trying.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 09:53
It's Friday!!!! Woohoo!
Out half-term holiday starts after school today, for a week.

You guys got any plans for the weekend? We're off to Nando's with friends tomorrow night, and there's a staff social at one of the local pubs tonight.
Apart from that, nothing yet planned as such.
Next Friday we're off to the International Motorcycle Show at Birmingham's National Exhibition Centre, which I'm really looking forward to.
Will be taking loadsa happy-snaps with the phones.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Siosal
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 10:08
OO I come from Birmingham!!!
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 10:57
Nice report there, Sio... Brilliant battery life, i must say.

@Wanqa, damn, a week?! Lekker!! It's the youngest member of the Kryptik household's 7th birthday today, and my swaer has just turned 40, so the weekend will be spent in celebration.
I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
Siosal
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 11:07
Quote:

On 2006-10-20 10:57:00, Kryptik wrote:
Nice report there, Sio... Brilliant battery life, i must say.

@Wanqa, damn, a week?! Lekker!! It's the youngest member of the Kryptik household's 7th birthday today, and my swaer has just turned 40, so the weekend will be spent in celebration.

Thanks Kryptic and congrats on all counts.

The problem with checking the battery life is that I'm constantly tempted to play around on it. And playing around unecessarily eats up the battey life. Right now I'm just going through standard usage. Obviously with heavier usage the results will be different but I will say that in the 5 hours of trying to drain the battery i did absolutely everything possible including phone calls, music, movies and internet usage.

I've seen batteries take a knock from gprs and I hardly dented the thing.

So yeah, two thumbs up. (I'd give it more, had I more thumbs).
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-20 11:54
That is a good report....the mms video size thing also pi$$e$ me off, but i am used to it. My battery takes a knocking from applications, especially internet using ones, but audio and video, this thing goes...think I watched 2 episodes of Battlestar last night, still listened to music and spent time on the internet, and it went well, but I am thinking of getting a new battery this weekend. Want to do the proper charging thing, see if it works, and then just have a backup battery, just in case...
Siosal
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 12:07
I saw an analysis of lithium batteries recently. After the battery is full the current gradually drops to nothing. Not barely even a trickle charge. One thing they did say was to fully discharge the battery at least 3 times to break it in.

I didn't realise it was on the w900 also had the mms size prob. I thought it was a glitch. It's different on the k750.
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-20 12:31
Yeah, i hate the mms thing, but I always blame it on Vodafone branding, makes it easier to deal with...Will ask the people at the SE shop what to do about that and if it can be fixed, and bug them about it, and see if i can convince them to get my phone unlocked for free. I mean, the Vodacom branding pictures cannot be deleted, and that weasel is ticking me off. I am sure they will support me in my argument=)
Rhino8
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 13:03
Well it is weekend. My new wapsite has been online for a week, and i have 11 000 hits already. Not bad. Address is www.atlantismobile.co.za and it only contains a forum at the moment.

How have you ppl been lately? i been real quiet
ARSENAL : Samsung Galaxy SII
http://members.esato.com/rhino8
Siosal
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 14:51
Well done Rhino.

I'm ok thanks. Glad you are posting again.

Francoislr wrote:

" Yeah, i hate the mms thing, but I always blame it on Vodafone branding, makes it easier to deal with...Will ask the people at the SE shop what to do about that and if it can be fixed, and bug them about it, and see if i can convince them to get my phone unlocked for free. I mean, the Vodacom branding pictures cannot be deleted, and that weasel is ticking me off. I am sure they will support me in my argument=) "

It definitely is the voda branding. I have friends with unbranded phones and theirs are perfect. I have contacted vodacom on this and they say they cannot debrand it, I must go to SE. So I got hold of SE and they said they cannot debrand it I should go to Vodacom.

Yay...

But if you find out let me know...

[ This Message was edited by: Siosal on 2006-10-20 13:54 ]
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-20 15:24
Speaking of MMS, for some weeks now I've been unable to send any. I don't send a lot, maybe three a week.
@Rhino: Good luck with the site.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 15:27
I send a mms everday no probs...
francoislr
W900 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-20 15:40
So, what is the site for Rhino8?
psychonymphe
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-20 16:43
@Siosal - i str0ngly disagree! My w810i's battery life hasn't really impressed me, except when it comes to GPRS usage. And the phone has its major flaws, for example try playing music on speaker phone. Although i dont experience any qualitative problems, the volume is RIDICULOUSLY low. Ring volume is fine, but the speaker really is pissing me off. And i hate not having a keylock switch on the side of the phone.
All in all it's okay, but could the damn thing just play music properly? I mean i supposedly sacrificed the screen for the sound right... And i'd rather die than give it in to the Cell C retards who will return it with more issues than it originally had---
"there are three erorrs in this sentance"
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 526527528 ... 181018111812  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic