Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-08-29 18:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That is why I can't go back to a sedan without having an SUV/SAV after driving my X5. The height level is just so pleasant, it is unlike anything.

I saw the new Range Rover for 2013, complete with a new design, and I am not sure what to think. I find it too sleek and too pretty for a Range Rover.

I need to see it in person to really make up my mind on the design. I am still intent on buying it but if that design is not to my liking then I will go for the outgoing model.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-29 19:28
That's exactly it, this morning i even did a bit of off-roading as i was in a rush to make it to class, whilest those in sedans and hatchs had to wait until the cars at the very front turned to the right, i got onto the left shoulder (which was very bumpy and rough) and drove past the traffic, got back on the road onwards to uni i went the Jeep took the bumps and rough-ish terrain like it was nothing.

Oh yes, i also saw the 2013 Range Rover, the front looks like the Range Rover Evoque right? I found it a bit feminine looking to, but its just the front, the rest looks pretty good, but yah, it seems to have lost that no nonsense masculine look, which i think most of us like. Its a difficult one for Tata, cause that masculine and distinct shape of a Range Rover is iconic, and is what sets it apart from all the other SUVs, but maybe it is time for a redesign?

Are you still trying to make your mind up between the 6series GC and Range Rover?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-08-29 21:18
Aahhh... the beauty of off-roading! At least you have a fully fledged off-roader unlike me with the X5, it is really not that good off the road. I once tried to see how it would do and it was not good at all, it does go off-road because of its high ground clearance but it struggles to adapt to uneven terrain.

That is why I am looking at the Range Rover. Yes, the exact word I was looking for when describing the new Range is 'feminine', it gets its looks from the Evogue. The problem for me is that the Evogue is good for women and the young guys but not for me who is looking for the classic, understated and utilitarian Range Rover.

I am not going to conclude until I see it in person, who knows, maybe I will love the new design.

Yes, I am still interested in the 6 series grand coupe. That will, however, come after the Range Rover- probably two years after I got the Rangie.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-29 22:28
The X5 cant be that bad though, especially on the road i was on, its fine for "Sandton off-roading", but i know what you mean, i guess it goes both ways, the X5 may not be good at off-roading but it moves and corners like a powerful sports sedan on tar, on the other hand my Jeep, although rather quick off the line thanks to all that torque and great at off-road, it doesnt have that punch nor the agility of an X5, i find it hard to get it anywhere near 160km/h, its actually so easy to avoid speeding fines with it as getting to 120km/h takes forever but its got good overtaking acceleration as when i truly floor it it will drop a gear, and move, but its nowhere near as punchy as the German SUVs, and nowhere near as nimble either, its truly American

Yeah, they maybe chasing away a lot of fans with that new Rangie design, the Evoque is very faminine/metro, it was apparently partly designed by Victoria Beckham, but as you have said, better to reserve judgement until you see it, it may just be a great looking thing on the road.

You're gona have quite a garage there, 6series GC and a Rangie!

May i just ask a random Q? What petrol do you put in your X5? is there a big difference between e.g. BP UL95, Engen UL95 and Caltex? My dad has always preferred Engen and my mom swears by BP, both of them are incredibly biased so im at a loss, at the end of the day isnt it all the same petrol?
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2012-08-30 02:10
Yoh! Stunning first car, Tsepz! What a car to be rollin' in.. enjoy!
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-08-30 08:11
Nice to see you around here, wanqs!

@Tsepz

Yeah, the big difference between the X5 and the Jeep is the car-like performance of the German SAV, it feels less of a big vehicle.

I use Caltex most of the time, there are occasions where I would use Engen or BP depending where I am and how low my gas is. To be honest with you, I haven't experienced any difference among those brands, maybe I haven't paid attention but to me they are just the same save for the names.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-08-30 19:13
Thanks Wanqs!! as Dups said, great to see you around here!

Dups

Yep, thats exactly it!

I thought as much, at the end of the day its all pretty much the same petrol, sold under different name brands.

Everyone

I am drooling all over this beast: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]sports_new_s_pen-news-4717.php
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-09-05 16:26
Speaking of that beast of a phone, I like it... a lot!

The one major problem with me right now is going back and forth trying to decide on which full touch phone to go for. Even Windows phone has crept into the picture after my short stint with the Lumia 900.

The one thing that is certain is my number one OS at the moment- BB10 with a QWERTY equipped phone.

I am even waiting to see what the Jolla Meego phone is going to be like.

Overall, this second Note is really interesting, and that coming from someone who wouldn't give Samsung a thought. I must say things started changing after the SIII, that phone made look at Samsung in a different and positive light.

Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-09-06 15:40
Congrats on the jeep tsepz....enjoy using ALL your pocket money on fuel from here on out lol.
Not much difference between the brands of petrol but i stick to engen 95 unleaded as far as i can.
Their additives seem to suit my driving style.

So what do you guys think about the new lumia 920,I was expecting a bit more to be honest since its supposed to be my next phone but yeah will give it a try when its released in two months or so time,for now getting me an iphone 5 end of the month as a change,getting tired of my blue s3 even though it looks great.

Got a friend going to new york at month end so i'm sure he'll be able to pick up an iphone or two
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-09-06 19:01
Dups

I'm looking forward to BB10 to, now that WP8 and the Lumia920 are out, I hope RIM can surprise us. Hopefully you will find the perfect touch phone for you as a 2nd phone to your BB10 phone.
I'm loving the Note 2, but by my upgrade next year the S4 will probably be here, lol, so will get that.

Falcon
luckily my parents are more than happy to foot my petrol bill, or I'd be dead. Thanks btw!
Looking forward to your comparison of iPhone 5 to the S3
As for Lumia 920, I find it very underwhelming ,its not enough to help nokia and WP, IMO, its going to drown next to the Samsung Galaxy series and iPhone 5 and 4S.

Everyone
Today I booted up my Galaxy Tab10.1v to be welcomed by an update prompt to Android4.0.4 ICS, must say I was shocked, thought Samsung were done with tab at 3.2.1 HC, guess not, the great thing here is that the 10.1v came with stock Android, so its got stock ICS now, no TouchWiz and all that.
zani_003
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-10-09 16:09
Hey ya'll

I see it's awfully quiet here lately. I expected some buzz given the next Nexus rumours. Anyone gotten hold of the iPhone 5 yet?

I'm about to get my grubby paws on the galaxy note 10.1. I am loving my original note Only downside about the 10.1 is the screen.....
Accountants prepare 4 glory!
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 17:35
hey zani
yep it has been awfully quiet here.ive sold my galaxy s2 and should be getting my galaxy note 2 on monday.so so excited.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
zani_003
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 19:03

On 2012-10-10 17:35:33, Hobbs wrote:
hey zani
yep it has been awfully quiet here.ive sold my galaxy s2 and should be getting my galaxy note 2 on monday.so so excited.

I envy you Hobbs Congrats! it's a beast I wanted to get the Note 2 as well but the better half shot down the idea

Anyone looking to get the next nexus? or The Lumia 920?
Accountants prepare 4 glory!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-10-10 20:16
Congrats (again if ive already said it, lol) on the Note2 Hobbs! I cant wait to give one a go, i havent read a SINGLE negative review/hands-on on it, Samsung have done it again and made a innovative beast

Zani
Nice one, congrats on your Note10.1
Im still enjoying my S2 and Tab10.1v combo. If the Android4.0.4 update on my Tab is anything to go by, then your Note10.1 will fly with the newer and far more powerful hardware.
I recently tried the Tab2 10.1 and really liked it, Samsung seem to have nailed this whole tablet thing, after a rather crap start with the P1000.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-10-11 13:29
thanks tsepz.im nice and calm now.was crazy at the beginning of the week.cannot wait till it arrives.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2012-10-11 19:18 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic