Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-08 17:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Installed my first custom rom on my S2 today Its the 2.3.6. CheckROM Revolution HD v.4

Check out the benchmark score of this baby.

[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2011-12-08 16:04 ]
Titanium Grey Samsung Galaxy Note 2+64GB Sandisk Class 10 Micro SD Card.
Custom ROM: DN3 4 Release Candidate 2
Tsepz_GP
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-08 19:16
Wanqs
Eish, id hate to be the guy who caused that accident, some unique beasts in there, Lamborghini Diablo amongst others, my heart sank when I saw the pics, lesson learnt by those guys im sure, they must've been flying, ive seen footage on youtube of convoys of supercars including Porsche 911 GT RS, Toyota Supra, Ferrari 550 Maranello etc...racing on that highway.

Gola
What browser you using?
dude, I saw the vid to that track once a week ago and was like WTF!? Must be nice to be them, they can sell ice to an eskimo at this point, and they are on a signing spree, I heard Bow Wow and Busta Rhymes are among the new YMCMB members, and there are rumours of Tinie Tempah also being signed to them.
In other news the most annoying rapper, Soulja Boi, is apparently broke and going to sue his manager for exploitation...wish I could say I way suprised.
Havent heard Bang yet, think its AKA on that track with Khuli Chana, I like both of them, AKA has a chilled flow, and he's good live, saw him perform at latinova a while ago. The sort of record deals our local artists sign though are quite bad, I was told about Da LES and Ishmael's deal the other day and I just feel sorry for these guys, they get peanuts at the end of the day.

Hobbs

I see you're enjoying your new beast, that is one incredible Quadrant score ,havent seen any above 3500 until now!
Lets see what gets here 1st, Sensation XE or Galaxy Nexus, im growing sick of waiting!

Samsung GALAXY S4 32GB Exynos Octa Black Mist
Apple iPad 4 WIFI+LTE 16GB White
"The world can't hold me, too much ambition!" -Jigga
Got a Android related query? Challenge us
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-08 20:09
Tsepz
MyBroadband says the Nexus will get here February.Not sure about the Sensation.

Ran about 10 Quadrants and every one of them was above 4000+ and you can feel that extra kick.Its nice though because they left some traces of Samsung here.Just got rid of the serious bloatware and optimized the sh#t out of it.Everything flies but most noticably,the Market and Browser.
Included in the rom is the Kitchen Pro Application where you build your Rom as you wish by flashing mods,utilities,kernels,dialer themes,widget/apps,themes,fonts,battery mods,basebands & boot animations.Its so simple.You download what you want in .zip format from inside the Kitchen Pro app,click install and it reboots into Recovery and flashes it on the phone and wala,when the phone switches on the changes are implemented.Very impressive.

If you curious
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1312240
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2011-12-08 19:15 ]
Rob123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-12-08 21:57
@Hobbs: Whaaa....that thing is a beast! Haven't seen scores like that before.

I managed to get myself one of the Notes that they display in the stores. Now that I am getting used to it it doesn't seem so big any more. Easily fits in my pants and shirt pockets. Nice to hold in one hand. I think after a week I won't be able to go back to anything smaller. Now the long wait till upgrade time....
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-09 05:28
Thats fantastic Rob. Very clever of you to have done that.I was dead set on that phone until I played around on a working unit at an Samsung exhibition.Something just didnt sit right with me.Cant quite put my finger on it.Think it could be the way they created Honeycomb just for the tablets and with the Note its somewhere inbetween and Gingerbread,for me just looked wrong.You wouldnt notice it if you coming from a different OS other than Android.I just couldnt get used to it.It wasnt the size of the phone in the end that changed my mind,it was the UI experience.Very excited for you to get one.Its my phones big daddy afterall.
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2011-12-09 15:53
Tsepz
It's fine now, I couldn't login using both Chrome and Safari. But I prefer Chrome over Safari, so it's my default. Chrome is just super.

Ah yes, AKA, not your everyday type of name that.

Lol, I can't picture Bow Wow in YMCMB, nor can I Tinie Tempeh goo'luck to them. Tinie is on some other tip, I like his gear.

Wasn't/isn't Da Les in some contractual agreement with Akon?

It's rough in SA, amazing how these artists still manage to give the perception that they are living the super rich life...

You think they'd make more money on a 9to5 job?
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Tsepz_GP
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-12 14:00
Hobbs
Thats incredible! To think the GSII in its current state is still abit limited by Gingerbread, can you imagine how powerful it will be when it gets ICS???

Gola
Same here, on PC I swear by Chrome or even Opera, had a little fiddle with Firefox to, but Chrome is what I use most of the time.
Yep, digging Tinie to, hope he lasts, his so hungry right now, his album is just too hot, id suggest xou have a listen to a track called Frisky featuring Labrinth, too sick, they have two track together, forgot the recent one though, but Frisky is the one I realy like by them.

yeah some of them would be better with a 9to5, nah Da LES is signed with Ghetto Ruff, and he owes them big time after writing-off a car they bought him, thats on top of what he owes on studio time, video budgets etc etc...and on top of that the managers cut, it also limits collabos that he does, its very messy.
Bonovox
Nokia Lumia 928
PM
Posted: 2011-12-12 19:47
@Tsepz_GP how was your weekend away you had & did the battery hold out??
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-12 23:17
Bono

It was great, charged the phone before I left on friday afternoon, and only recharged again on Saturday late afternoon, held up very well, im even running a custom ROM now with a CPU Undervolt mod so the battery is seeing less consumption, hope my Galaxy SII can manage the same when I get it
How do you find your GSIIs batt life compared to X10?

Hobbs

How does your GSII compare to your X10 batt life wise?
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2011-12-12 22:21 ]
Bonovox
Nokia Lumia 928
PM
Posted: 2011-12-12 23:27
You getting a GS2?? The GS2 easily gets a day & a bit out of the battery. But there is the 2,000mAh battery you can get too. My XPlay I have managed 3 days out of it with quite heavy usage
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-12-12 22:33 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-13 06:09
I find it better.Got 1 day 5hrs with 36% battery still left before I plugged it in to charge.Its pretty good.I haven't messed with any kernels to improve battery life yet so that could improve.The funny thing about Samsung is you seem to be able to flash kernels at will without any problems.The kitchen even has a kernel page for you to choose from.Its bizarre.Its a hell of a learning curve this phone.With the X10 changing kernels was always a tricky affair.
Tsepz_GP
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-13 11:30
Happy Birthday Hobbs!!!

Bono
Thanks a lot for the info, I can imagine the XPERIA Play managing that sort of up-time, considegqing the Play has the same size display as X10 with a more effecient CPU and newer LiPo batt.
Yep, getting the GSII, my network, Vodacom, discontinued the OG HTC Sensation and do not even have an ETA on the Sensation XE so ive given up, im also reading a lot more about the Sensation having dust under the screen (as you mentioned), dead pixels and the worst being Antennagate, the XE apparently suffers from it to which is a major bummer.

Hobbs
Nice! Even more excited now. Yeah, I never messed with my X10's kernel, I just found it too risky.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-13 15:09
Tsepz
Thanks buddy.Got a nice Samsung home Entertainment System.Samsung seems to be invading my house at this present moment in time.
When is your moms upgrade due this month? Yipeeeeee!
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-12-13 20:07
The HTC Wildfire S dropped in price again here, now just 119.95 (approx R1300) on PAYG:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.[....]ile-phones/HTC-WILDFIRE-S/PPAY
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Tsepz_GP
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-14 21:35
Hobbs, cant blame you, SAMSUNG are on top of their game in almost everything these days, and jhey are quickly becoming a highly respected brand if not already, gone are the days of "but its a Samsung" lol.

Phone should be in my hands in the next 2weeks, or whenever I decided to settle at home, thought I was back until Xmas only to be dragged out again tomorrow night, im milking this whole guestlist/getting in to clubs for free thing as much as I can this december
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic