Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-12-12 14:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hobbs
Thats incredible! To think the GSII in its current state is still abit limited by Gingerbread, can you imagine how powerful it will be when it gets ICS???

Gola
Same here, on PC I swear by Chrome or even Opera, had a little fiddle with Firefox to, but Chrome is what I use most of the time.
Yep, digging Tinie to, hope he lasts, his so hungry right now, his album is just too hot, id suggest xou have a listen to a track called Frisky featuring Labrinth, too sick, they have two track together, forgot the recent one though, but Frisky is the one I realy like by them.

yeah some of them would be better with a 9to5, nah Da LES is signed with Ghetto Ruff, and he owes them big time after writing-off a car they bought him, thats on top of what he owes on studio time, video budgets etc etc...and on top of that the managers cut, it also limits collabos that he does, its very messy.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-12-12 19:47
@Tsepz_GP how was your weekend away you had & did the battery hold out??
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-12-12 23:17
Bono

It was great, charged the phone before I left on friday afternoon, and only recharged again on Saturday late afternoon, held up very well, im even running a custom ROM now with a CPU Undervolt mod so the battery is seeing less consumption, hope my Galaxy SII can manage the same when I get it
How do you find your GSIIs batt life compared to X10?

Hobbs

How does your GSII compare to your X10 batt life wise?
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2011-12-12 22:21 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-12-12 23:27
You getting a GS2?? The GS2 easily gets a day & a bit out of the battery. But there is the 2,000mAh battery you can get too. My XPlay I have managed 3 days out of it with quite heavy usage
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-12-12 22:33 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-13 06:09
I find it better.Got 1 day 5hrs with 36% battery still left before I plugged it in to charge.Its pretty good.I haven't messed with any kernels to improve battery life yet so that could improve.The funny thing about Samsung is you seem to be able to flash kernels at will without any problems.The kitchen even has a kernel page for you to choose from.Its bizarre.Its a hell of a learning curve this phone.With the X10 changing kernels was always a tricky affair.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-12-13 11:30
Happy Birthday Hobbs!!!

Bono
Thanks a lot for the info, I can imagine the XPERIA Play managing that sort of up-time, considegqing the Play has the same size display as X10 with a more effecient CPU and newer LiPo batt.
Yep, getting the GSII, my network, Vodacom, discontinued the OG HTC Sensation and do not even have an ETA on the Sensation XE so ive given up, im also reading a lot more about the Sensation having dust under the screen (as you mentioned), dead pixels and the worst being Antennagate, the XE apparently suffers from it to which is a major bummer.

Hobbs
Nice! Even more excited now. Yeah, I never messed with my X10's kernel, I just found it too risky.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-13 15:09
Tsepz
Thanks buddy.Got a nice Samsung home Entertainment System.Samsung seems to be invading my house at this present moment in time.
When is your moms upgrade due this month? Yipeeeeee!
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-12-13 20:07
The HTC Wildfire S dropped in price again here, now just 119.95 (approx R1300) on PAYG:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.[....]ile-phones/HTC-WILDFIRE-S/PPAY
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-12-14 21:35
Hobbs, cant blame you, SAMSUNG are on top of their game in almost everything these days, and jhey are quickly becoming a highly respected brand if not already, gone are the days of "but its a Samsung" lol.

Phone should be in my hands in the next 2weeks, or whenever I decided to settle at home, thought I was back until Xmas only to be dragged out again tomorrow night, im milking this whole guestlist/getting in to clubs for free thing as much as I can this december
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-12-14 23:40

On 2011-12-13 11:30:04, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Happy Birthday Hobbs!!!

Bono
Thanks a lot for the info, I can imagine the XPERIA Play managing that sort of up-time, considegqing the Play has the same size display as X10 with a more effecient CPU and newer LiPo batt.
Yep, getting the GSII, my network, Vodacom, discontinued the OG HTC Sensation and do not even have an ETA on the Sensation XE so ive given up, im also reading a lot more about the Sensation having dust under the screen (as you mentioned), dead pixels and the worst being Antennagate, the XE apparently suffers from it to which is a major bummer.

Hobbs
Nice! Even more excited now. Yeah, I never messed with my X10's kernel, I just found it too risky.

Miss UK is selling her Sensation as she had the dreaded dust problem under the screen with hers. She now has a 4s HTC are well known for dust issues. Shame
Phone?? What phone??
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-12-14 23:45
Oh dang, HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY, Hobbster! Hope you had a good one, boet.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-15 00:10
Thanks ol' Wanga.Hows ol' Mac Daddy doing?

Tsepz You gonna love this G2.Scouts honour.
I installed the Dark Knight v2.3 kernal this afternoon from the kitchen and straight away you can feel a change in performance.Zip zip zippity zip!
Benchmark taken straight after installation of Dark Night kernel.
Quadrant 4422 I think thats the highest Ive gotten so far.

We sitting at 12.30 at night and I still have 40% battery left.Unplugged from charger at 6 o clock this morning.That my friend is fantastic battery life.Everyone is going to have a different experience but since I got this phone, Ive on average had +- 36% battery at 10 'o clock everynight.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2011-12-14 23:12 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-12-15 15:34
Back-ordered my WHITE Galaxy SII Black is WAAYYY too common and after seeing Hobbs and Bonos ones I was sold. Will only get it on the 28th of December though, cant wait!

Hobbs
Thanks for all the info, keep it coming! Im so excited about this thing, probably more than I was for my X10, and I was very excited for the X10, lol.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-12-15 23:11
@ Hobbster:

amaMacwa is fine thanks, still at work until the 21st.. Oh well, we close earlier in July because of the Olympics, so I won't complain too much.
Learning new tricks on the Mac every few nights. I'm a lot more comfortable with the Lion OS interface etc now.
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2011-12-15 22:12 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-16 16:29
Cool Tsepz.Im so excited for you too.The 28th aint that far off now.
Good choice in deciding on the white one.Its a nice refreshing change from always having a black phone.
I keep on wanting to make you a screencast video just to show you how this phone flies.Its damn impressive.
When you get it you will consider just staying on stock because out of the box its a fine phone.No complaints what-so-ever.Curiosity will eventually get the better of you and you will succumb.My Samsung rom disappeared in the 1st week (but I know its been backed up so I can restore it anytime I want to).

Wanga Glad you are enjoying the MAC.I'm also going to be working right up to just before Christmas so don't feel too bad.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2011-12-16 15:33 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic