Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-12-05 21:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey Tsepz,
Did you see this super-car pile-up in Japan :

http://uk.autoblog.com/2011/1[....]7Cuk%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk1%7C87545

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/supe[....]-2m-scrap-metal-002053850.html
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2011-12-05 20:48 ]
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-12-05 22:27
HTC Wildfire S just 129.95 (approx R1400) on PAYG here, open to all networks :

http://www.carphonewarehouse.[....]ILDFIRE-S/PPAY&clearance=false
Rob123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-12-06 00:13
@Hobbs: Nice going there. Would like to see the white one in the flesh.

I am trying to buy a Note replica that the Vodashops have, so I can do a real-world test for size.
Do any of you have any contacts or know any Samsung reps that would sell me one?
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2011-12-06 05:25
Tsepz
Been having problems logging into Esato lately even after clearing my browser data...
Ye, pretty cool track by the Drake there. Haha, i recently saw Birdman's 'Y u mad' music video feat Weezy and Nikki and i lmao at how these guys can still be loved and still make alot of money out of what pretty much is crap. Most of the lyrics were sensored, so all i could hear was the nice simple beat.
Ah, J. Cole, i'm liking his 'can't get enough' song with Trey, pretty cool African vibe to it...
Talking about Africa, i'm loving 'bang' by khuli chana and that other dude that sounds American and always has airhornes in his songs. The music video caught my eye...
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2011-12-06 05:35
Hobbs
Congrats on the beauty of a beastly machine you have there looks great in white.
I haven't had the chance to play with the Lumia, but I think I'd like it, mainly because of how windows looks like. I love how different and refreshing the UI is from Android and iOS, love it!
[ This Message was edited by: gola on 2011-12-06 04:40 ]
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-12-06 17:00
Mid-2012 is to be the transition from Sony-Ericsson to Sony, with only smartphones being produced.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]_sony_by_mid2012-news-3475.php
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-07 13:03
It should be interesting to see what Sony will bring us in the near future.For me now,its Samsung all the way baby
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-07 19:55
Tsepz

The sh#ts about to hit the fan.Here we go again

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-08 07:02
Google Nexus to hit our shores early Q1and will retail between R6999-R7300.Theres some Ice Cream Sandwich for Dups and Tsepz.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-08 17:02
Installed my first custom rom on my S2 today Its the 2.3.6. CheckROM Revolution HD v.4

Check out the benchmark score of this baby.

[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2011-12-08 16:04 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-12-08 19:16
Wanqs
Eish, id hate to be the guy who caused that accident, some unique beasts in there, Lamborghini Diablo amongst others, my heart sank when I saw the pics, lesson learnt by those guys im sure, they must've been flying, ive seen footage on youtube of convoys of supercars including Porsche 911 GT RS, Toyota Supra, Ferrari 550 Maranello etc...racing on that highway.

Gola
What browser you using?
dude, I saw the vid to that track once a week ago and was like WTF!? Must be nice to be them, they can sell ice to an eskimo at this point, and they are on a signing spree, I heard Bow Wow and Busta Rhymes are among the new YMCMB members, and there are rumours of Tinie Tempah also being signed to them.
In other news the most annoying rapper, Soulja Boi, is apparently broke and going to sue his manager for exploitation...wish I could say I way suprised.
Havent heard Bang yet, think its AKA on that track with Khuli Chana, I like both of them, AKA has a chilled flow, and he's good live, saw him perform at latinova a while ago. The sort of record deals our local artists sign though are quite bad, I was told about Da LES and Ishmael's deal the other day and I just feel sorry for these guys, they get peanuts at the end of the day.

Hobbs

I see you're enjoying your new beast, that is one incredible Quadrant score ,havent seen any above 3500 until now!
Lets see what gets here 1st, Sensation XE or Galaxy Nexus, im growing sick of waiting!

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-08 20:09
Tsepz
MyBroadband says the Nexus will get here February.Not sure about the Sensation.

Ran about 10 Quadrants and every one of them was above 4000+ and you can feel that extra kick.Its nice though because they left some traces of Samsung here.Just got rid of the serious bloatware and optimized the sh#t out of it.Everything flies but most noticably,the Market and Browser.
Included in the rom is the Kitchen Pro Application where you build your Rom as you wish by flashing mods,utilities,kernels,dialer themes,widget/apps,themes,fonts,battery mods,basebands & boot animations.Its so simple.You download what you want in .zip format from inside the Kitchen Pro app,click install and it reboots into Recovery and flashes it on the phone and wala,when the phone switches on the changes are implemented.Very impressive.

If you curious
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1312240
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2011-12-08 19:15 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Rob123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-12-08 21:57
@Hobbs: Whaaa....that thing is a beast! Haven't seen scores like that before.

I managed to get myself one of the Notes that they display in the stores. Now that I am getting used to it it doesn't seem so big any more. Easily fits in my pants and shirt pockets. Nice to hold in one hand. I think after a week I won't be able to go back to anything smaller. Now the long wait till upgrade time....
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-12-09 05:28
Thats fantastic Rob. Very clever of you to have done that.I was dead set on that phone until I played around on a working unit at an Samsung exhibition.Something just didnt sit right with me.Cant quite put my finger on it.Think it could be the way they created Honeycomb just for the tablets and with the Note its somewhere inbetween and Gingerbread,for me just looked wrong.You wouldnt notice it if you coming from a different OS other than Android.I just couldnt get used to it.It wasnt the size of the phone in the end that changed my mind,it was the UI experience.Very excited for you to get one.Its my phones big daddy afterall.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2011-12-09 15:53
Tsepz
It's fine now, I couldn't login using both Chrome and Safari. But I prefer Chrome over Safari, so it's my default. Chrome is just super.

Ah yes, AKA, not your everyday type of name that.

Lol, I can't picture Bow Wow in YMCMB, nor can I Tinie Tempeh goo'luck to them. Tinie is on some other tip, I like his gear.

Wasn't/isn't Da Les in some contractual agreement with Akon?

It's rough in SA, amazing how these artists still manage to give the perception that they are living the super rich life...

You think they'd make more money on a 9to5 job?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic