Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-07 20:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm still using my ancient 6680 as my day-to-day phone. Life has become a busy whirl of activity, so much so that I hardly have time to even play with a phone these days. My E90 does duty when I'm at home and have spare time on my hands, but the 6680 is standing the test of time. I've found the TotalRecall recording app. to be indispensable. It records incoming and outgoing calls, and is used whenever I walk into a meeting. Particularly useful when dealing with show promoters and sponsors who develop selective amnesia at times.

I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-07-13 21:14
Facebook for dumbphones:

http://www.gsmarena.com/faceb[....]ome_data_charges-news-2884.php

He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-07-14 00:31
hey guys how you all been doing?

Kryptik I remember that program,saved me hassle in a couple of deals when I used to use it as people tend to develop severe amnesia when it comes to business promises!

Guys I swopped my 9800 torch for a x10 a few months ago and i'm really enjoying it,the cam is even better than the satios's imo and experience with both phones....really awesome.

I installed swype and its fantastic.Only thing I'm missing on this phone is flash browsing...but I guess just a while longer and 2.3 will be here...

Now due to business reasons Ive decided to have my one phone as a blackberry and with that I can have any new phone out right now,but obviously I can only keep the blackberry and one other phone....question is should I ditch the x10 for a galaxy s2 or any other phone out right now you guys recommend?
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2011-07-14 13:44
Howzit Falcon. Good to have you in these parts again.

@ Tsepz:
Shot for the heads-up. I've been checking the updates that start up as soon as I connect the phone to the PC/ OVI software and you're right, the level of support for the likes of these older Symbian systems has not simply been shelved. A few more brownie points to The Dark Side.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-07-14 21:50
Howdy Falcon.My 2c worth,wait for a while.I've just turned down an upgrade last month and terminated a contract because theres nothing out there at the moment that needs to replace my X10.Its going to take me to June 2012 with Gingerbread.Just half a month hopefully till the update.But if you gonna get another Android I suppose you cant go wrong with the Samsung Galaxy S II.That phone overclocked shows some crazy benchmark scores.Very powerful.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-07-15 00:00
Wanqs
No problem, yep, cant realy fault them when it comes to support of their devices, Sammy and SE on the other hand have long forgotten about the i8910-Omnia HD, the Satio and Vivaz.

Falcon
Hope you're well
I agree with Hobbs, wait until next year, especialy if you're going to be taking out a 24month contract, but if you MUST upgrade now then take the Sammy, IMO though we may see a GSII update with a qHD 540x960 res display, as that seems to be the screen res standard for the new breed of droid superphones, i'd wait for that.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2011-07-14 23:07 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-07-16 15:31
Wanqs
Thats man,I see you still showing us amateurs that its not the size of the cam that matters its how you use it!Some nice pics there as always,hows pommie land treating you these days?

Wanqs and tsepz

How you guys doing?I feel for the first time not so keen for an upgrade lol I guess the reality is I'm for the first time in a VERY long time satisfied with the phone I have(besides email handling,but gonna use a blackberry as second phone to sort that out)

The X10i is for me really that good, even though I only got mine almost a year after it was launched.It still remains a very complete and enjoyable up to date experience to me and with the 2.3 update its really going to rock.

The thing is at the business our monthly telkom cell phone bill comes out to quite a bit so taking out a vodacom talk 500s or two should save us quite a bit every month for calling mobile numbers, hence its more about saving money than the phone just thought I should use the opportunity to get the latest as those contracts come with just about any phone you want free...but maybe I should wait a while as the new xperia dual core rumours suggest it may be a beast of note,12mp cam etc!
<a href="http://a site"></a><p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Danasoft - <a href="http://a site">Get Your Free Sign</a></p></div> and remember,I'M WATCHING U!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-07-19 13:50
Well guys my X10 has been flashed back to stock 2.1, any evidance of tweaking cleared and unrooted, sitting in its box now as tomorrow its being picked up by DHL and heading to an SE Service center, the USB port issue has simply gotten out of hand, there has been mornings where ive woken up with a dead phone despite the fact that its sitting on the charger, and when plugging it into a PC it just kept disconnecting, imagine that crap happening whilest updating to 2.3! So i told SE SA my issues via Twitter and they put me in contact with one of their PR people,and ive been in contact with her via email since and she's organised for my phone to be taken in tomorrow morning for an assessment, i hope they just give me a new X10 that was built this year, as after they open your phone its never realy the same again.
Falcon786
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-07-19 15:16
Tsepz are you sure its not the connecting cable itself?

My original charger/data cable combo is buggy like yours but when I use a samsung or blackberry cable it works PERFECT,no disconnects at all...try it before you send it of......
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-07-19 18:05
Falcon
Its a mix of both, my cable is also faulty, so ive been using the now over 3yrld cable that came with my N81, ive also used BB chargers as all my friends own those dam things lol, and the result has been the same all-round, thats why i got hold of SE.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 06:10
Tsepz Hope it gets fixed quickly in time for Gingerbread.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2011-07-20 05:12 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 14:08
Indeed Hobbs, im hoping so. Im readjusting to using the 5800xm daily, cant believe Gravity is still the best Twitter app in Symbian, to think even the worst Twitter app ive found in Android is better than this, its going to take a while also to adjust to the much smaller display, and the whole UI in general. Android's notification system is just genius, ive always liked it but having used the 5800 for 2days as my main phone has had me totaly appreciate who ever thought of Android's notification system.
jmash
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 15:48
Just had a Nokia e6 for a few minutes and that phone is a real beauty,wouldn't mind getting mysel one of those.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-07-21 23:15
Ja Tsepz.Im using the X10 again with 2.2.1 FreeX10 rom.Loving it.Im done with Symbian for good.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Mackhaya
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-07-24 16:36
Register here http://c.mobpartner.mobi/?s=103593&a=311&p=2835
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic