Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 4
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 08:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
And so my saturday ended just an hour ago. Went to a friend's just for a lil chill session late last night,left her house and went with some mates to this other girls apartment in Benmor, did crazy things, long story short i smell of hubbly, and my kidneys and liver are trying to sort out the mixture of who knows what i had and i feel like a zombie, do i regret it? HELL NO! this is what long weekends are for! Now time to recover, *hicc up*. . . . .
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 10:16
@brix25
I think so too. In fact, now that Google have removed the beta tag on Gmail I read that a number of companies who apparently were turned off by the beta tag are now very keen on it. More losses on the sides of the other 2.

@wanqs
Yes, I also use one of the 2 for online transactions.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-09 11:02
@Dups! Talk of companies using free public email services, in the Philippines its the norm for companies to be using things like Yahoo and Gmail. Professionals even put it on their business cards. Down here you're not deemed legitimate if your business cards gives your contact as Yahoo or Gmail. I would also be weary of using them in a company set-up due to things like DDoS attacks which have become quite frequent of late.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 11:16
Ya, if a business has got a yahoo/hotmail/gmail etc account, you begin to suspect the credentials or longevity of the company. It kinda smacks of a 'fly-by-night' set-up; and the cellphone selling spammers on even places like esato certainly don't help with these perceptions/concerns.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 15:50
Dups!
Heres a nice iPhone3GS vs. HTC Hero "dogfight" over at Phonedog, its in 3parts, heres part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5F0Ruzwos8
The others will obviously be there once you finish.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 23:01
Actually, the companies are looking at the 'Premium' gmail that costs a fee. I also thought it was completely free until I read about that 'Premium' part.

@GUCCI

Thanks! It is a rather interesting duel that. You gotta hand to the Iphone, it sure is slick. Unfortunately not enough to sway me over to OS X.

My only problem now is getting an Android QWERTY keyboard, touchscreen E71/P1 type of phone and I'll be ecstatic.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 00:29
P1i macro mode pic:

amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 00:36
P1i B&W pic of a Porsche:

amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 00:45
@ Gucci n' gola:
Have you guys heard the Brit artists', Dizzee Rascal feat. Lily Allen song, called Wanna Be (a Gangsta)? LOL, it's hilarious; and very catchy:

Part of the chorus/hook:

'So you wanna be a gangster?
Tell me just one thing
What you know about being a hard-man?
Your mum buys your bling...'
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2009-08-09 23:46 ]
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 00:55
Fiddling with the P1i cam's solarize option:

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 10:13
How are y'all doing on this beautiful holiday? I must say I'm feeling much better, was worried I may have been suffering from H1N1.

@wanqs

Just thought of something. How about we enter you in the Guinness books records? Looking at your beautiful pics by your P1 you must surely be the only person with such a huge number of pics taken with a cellphone. Haven't come up with a caption for your world record breaking feat.

Anyone know how these dual simcard phone work with regarf to two different networks in them?
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 11:19
@ Dups:

, LOL, there's a good few other esatonians that would certainly give me a run for my money re the Guiness Book Of Records, including one of the mods...
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 11:37
Oh yes, forgot about tranced.

amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 11:38
@ Dups:

From Buzzle:

'Some types of phones have two CPUs so its kind of like having two phones in one, this allows you to answer two calls from two different sims at the same time. Essentially you receive signals from both the numbers in your phone.

The second type of dual sim phones don't have two CPUs so you can expect mixed results. These types of phones have some sort of call secretary software that will direct you incoming phone call to voice mail if you are buy on another call on the first sim. However if the phone does not have this type of software the caller will have to wait as your line will give him the busy signal. The latter types of cell phones however are considerably cheap.

Many people often ask if they can actually take two calls on one phone. The answer lies in the number of CPUs your phone has. If your phone has multiple CPUs then yes you can take two calls on one phone. However if it does not then you cant.

Selecting between sims on a dual sim phone is pretty easy and done via the phone's menu. Much of what you can do on both the sims is accessible via the phone's menu. When it comes to dual sim phones its really on a first come first serve basis so which ever caller manages to get though your line first gets to talk to you.'

From GSMArena:

'With both SIM cards active, you can place and receive calls on each of them at any time. Other types of such phones have two dial buttons - one for each SIM - so you can easily choose the SIM card of choice for a particular outgoing call. In our test handset though designers have taken quite a different approach by adding a button labeled "B" which stands for SIM card B. You can also use the display where two small green receiver icons represent each card. There is only a small catch regarding receiving calls - if you're in a call on one of the SIM cards and at the same time someone is trying to reach you on the other, the second call will be canceled. If both calls occur simultaneously, they are displayed on the screen and it is up to the user to decide which one to accept. The other call however is then rejected. There's reason to believe however, that other models of the company are able to deal with this issue better - meaning that they should be able offer call waiting for the second incoming call instead of canceling it.

The Samsung SGH D880 DUOS dual sim slide phone has both sims active and therefore no switching is necessary, with a primary sim and secondary sim. If you wish to change sims to text/call you press a small sim control button on the L/H side of the phone.'
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2009-08-10 10:39 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 12:37
Thanks a lot wanqs!

I'm actually tired of carrying two phones and would love a dual sim crad phone. The major drawback is that I need a smartphone with QWERTY keypad which is probably not going to happen or if it does then likely in 5 to 10 years from now. Of course, that's me guessing there.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic