Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-20 22:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
P1i pic taken yesterday:

The local bike cops promoting their cause:
:
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2009-07-20 21:52 ]
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-20 22:58
The Dark Side are apparently developing new X-Wing fighters and C-Wing fighters to take on the Rebellion:
(taken from GSMArena):

'Nokia Xseries and Cseries coming up, geeks hold breath

It was all about four-digit model numbers with Nokia in the beginning. Then N-Gage stepped in, with the Nseries and the Eseries following shortly after. Now two more letters are joining the party - Nokia has registered the Cseries and Xseries trademarks.

Both patents are quite general and cover phones, smartphones, accessories and replacement parts, which doesn't really tell us much about the devices that will inevitably be announced.

Usually Nokia separates its phones in four categories like so:

• Achieve - those are the Eseries
• Explore - the Nseries
• Live - fashion phones for people with active lifestyles
• Connect - easy to use, but not basic, good looking phone; emphasis on ways to connect to others

Now, here's what we're thinking: two categories that are don't yet have a series of their own and two new letters. Simple enough, but here's the tougher question - which is which?

C for example could stand for "classic", and classic phones more or less fit the description of the Connect category. There are other words that start with C of course but they are less likely.

"Computer" is another of those words and we do now that Nokia and Intel are cooking something up. Then again, they call the N97 a "mini multimedia computer" and the Maemo tablets seem to be part of the Nseries (e.g. N800). "Camera" also springs to mind but that too is Nseries territory.

That leaves Xseries for the Live category. Now, X could mean XpressMusic - those don't really fit the bill for a fashion phone but "active lifestyles" is pretty accurate.

Prism and Supernova phones are the more trendy type. The few L'Amour phones are a good match too, as are the 8-series phones - the Sirocco, Luna and the Artes. This we think is reasonable guess of what constitutes a "Live" phone and an Xseries phone too, if our wild guess turns out right.

There's always the possibility that the two new series wouldn't actually to fit into the current categories. One of them might just be here, because Nokia is running out of numbers in the Nseries as the three digit Nseries models is reserved for the Maemo tablets.'
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-20 23:13
The S60 Nokia 6720 Classic is now on sale here, at a very reasonable introductory price:

http://www.buy-mphone.com/acatalog/6720-classic_sim_free.html
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2009-07-20 23:21
X & C, that's just wrong Nokia is going to straight up copy SE like that
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-21 07:24
I thought you guys would make a fuss over another milestone reached last night- 23k posts in our thread.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 08:49
Dang, gola got the 23000th post..! LOL.
Yaaaayyyy, happy belated 23K!

Wanqa cues Buzz Lightyear's voice: "To 24K and beyoooonnnd!" LOL.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 09:30
WELL DONE GUYS.LIKE WANGA SAID..TO 24K AND BEYOND.LAST NITE I USED XILISOFT VIDEO CONVERTER AND PUT THE NEW STAR TREK ON MY IPHONE USING THE HIGHEST SETTINGS THAT WERE OFFERED TO ME AND THE RESULTS ARE SPECTACULAR.CRYSTAL CLEAR WITH PERFECT AUDIO.ITS A GREAT PIECE OF SOFTWARE.THIS IS WHY I WOULD IF AN UPGRADE WAS MADE AVAILABLE TO ME NOW ,GET A 32GB 3GS WITHOUT BLINKING.IT TRULY IS A WONDERFUL GADGET.
[ This Message was edited by: Hintza on 2009-07-21 08:33 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
kyle_274
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 09:57
@ama.
Has somebody actually made electric bikes now? I heard ktm was busy making one. Im not sure about it. Unless the put some speakers on it to play back the engine sound. Lol. I love the sound of the 4stroke engine. And also they gotta get the acceleration ratios right. If it can get the bottom end and top end of a normal engine then ill welcome the easily.
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to rather skid thru sideways shouting, HELL YEAH! THAT WAS A HELL OF A RIDE!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 16:56
Wanqa
those are some crazy specs, 160bhp on 170kg weight? madness i tell you! Lol! The only normal car maker with a decent power to weight is BMW, I think the 135i, Mini John Cooper Works, and the M3 have a power to weight worth boasting about lol.
Hintza
Ye,thanx to the amazing hardware in it, if its one thing Apple has realy been brilliant at is keeping up and fitting the best and most up to date CPU/GPUs, the iPhone3GS is capable of playing 720p HD videos,its the same reason why i like the Palm PRE so much.
HAPPY 23K POSTS SAMD!!
[ This Message was edited by: GUCCI.011 on 2009-07-21 16:37 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-21 17:34
@Hintza: Absolutely loved Star Trek. Question I have though, has anyone actually watched a full length movie on their phone? I certainly wouldn't be able to. Videos are cool but watching a movie for 90 mins- that's a stretch.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 17:46
Oh, woohoo, I got the 23000th post
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 17:51
Lol, i have. Watched Hostel-2 on the N80, watched Waiting. . . ,Pineapple Express and Mini's First Time on the N81, its not bad at all, watched those back in the times when Eskom felt that my area didnt need electricity lol.
[ This Message was edited by: GUCCI.011 on 2009-07-21 17:34 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
YOUSSEF1990
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 18:04
please,who can give me a name for any application for samsung sgh-l700.exlusif in wap.getjar.com

This message was posted from a SGH-L700
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 20:26
Taken from GSMArena today:

'Sony Ericsson Rachael gets specs and a proper name – XPERIA X3
21 July, 2009

It’s only been a short while since we last saw Sony Ericsson Rachel heading our news column. Online retailer Expansys has just published the specs of the device and revealed the name XPERIA X3.

Following their unusual marketing strategy, Expansys have yet again published an unannounced handset making the news and gaining popularity by spilling the beans on information they obviously have straight from the manufacturer.

You probably remember X3 (Rachael) from its previous public appearances in black and white.

Unlike its predecessor(s), the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X3 (codenamed Rachael) will run Android OS but the proprietary 3D panel user interface, the X1 was known for, will still be there.

The Sony Ericsson XPERIA X3 will feature a 4-inch touchscreen display with the unusual resolution of 852 x 480 pixels. The 800 x 400 pixel resolution reported by Expansys is more likely a mistake as the screen aspect ratio is different. The 852 x 480 pixel one sounds more probable as confirmed by a leaked portrait video that we've reported on before.

The XPERIA X3 also has an 8 megapixel autofocus snapper with LED flashlight and capability of shooting VGA videos at 30 fps. VGA video recording may not sound like much these days, but it will definitely be a first for an Android smartphone.

And the specs list goes on, of course. The Sony Ericsson XPERIA X3 should also pack HSDPA, Wi-Fi and stereo Bluetooth support and a GPS receiver. On board is also a 3.5mm audio jack and a miniUSB port.'

A 3.5mm jack. Wow, fancy that now, hey ? LOL.

@ Gucci:
Ya it's impressive numbers. The 'wet' weight, i.e. with all fluids in it should make it around 200-odd kg's. But you mentioned it had a noisy exhaust, which usually translates to a performance exhaust, such as those made by Slovenian geniuses Akrapovic, or possibly Yoshimura, who are synonymous with Suzuki. Eish but there's loads more. Whatever, the pipes alone should free up a few extra BHP instantly, and cut the weight down even further. Those standard exhausts are so filled with heavy emissions crap.
[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2009-07-21 20:26 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2009-07-21 20:41
Ive watched Heroes Season 1 and 2 on the E90.I dont watch a whole movie from start to finish.Its usually cut into 30min segments.Encoded in high quality with a good set of headphone on a good phone,it aint that bad.Just encoded Transformers 2 and the new Terminator for the iPhone for those waiting for paint to dry moments.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic