Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 864865866 ... 181018111812  Next
Author South African mobile discussion
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 05:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hehehe i like that last one Jojo, about making it run afterwards. I'm afraid that whenever i've disassembled something there are inevitably pocket screws left after reassembly, i.e. those screws which belong SOMEWHERE inside whatever i'm tinkering on, but i'm not exactly sure where they fit... so they end up in my pocket while i keep my fingers crossed that everything works like it should
I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
JC08
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 07:02
See Gucci the problem is I qualify for an upgrade next week, and I really cant wait for more than a month...@ ama whats ur n73 battery life like when you use it regulary?
Yad. Hey. Vav. Hey.
'' So the one who plants is not important, and the one who waters is not important. Only God who makes things grow, is important'' (1 Corinthians 3:7)
It's not about me!
Rhino8
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 09:43

On 2007-09-18 21:38:18, amawanqa wrote:
So the iPhone is available here from 9 November. £269 (approx R3800) to pay in BEFORE taking an 18 month contract out with O2, plus EDGE but no 3G.

Not for me.

According to an apple press release the lack of 3G is due to lower battery life, they will only add 3G when battery technology allows for at least 5 hours of talk time on 3G...

I think he has a fair arguement

You can read this article on yahoo http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/h[....]t=Ak7cHpQRd3np2GyRjeWR8poE1vAI
ARSENAL : Samsung Galaxy SII
http://members.esato.com/rhino8
brix25
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-19 10:09
Can't see the iPhone making an appearance this side, or any network clamouring to get it- maybe Cell C. Imagine shining away two years of your life on something that will be redundant within a year. There's already talk that Apple plan on releasing a 3G version next year packed with GPS. By that time SE and Nokia would've mid-low end phones out that support both technologies...hell, the K550 already does albeit with a wired attachment.
Liar liar pants on fire/ You burning up like David Koresh- Ghostface Killah
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 13:01
@ JC,
I hardly use 3G, so the N73 is set to GSM only. As a result the standby is really good; about a week if I'm just using the P900 and only making the odd call or a few pics with the N73. Obviously, if I used it more frequently, probably a good 3 days.
(unless I'm at a bike show or the sort, where I'll nail that battery in a about a day with all the hour-upon-hour of endless happy-snapping, for example.)

Are you bound by a specific deadline? Waiting a few more months should pay dividends when the likes of the N81, K850i et al are out. How would you feel getting a N73 now and then a few months down the line you might be regretting not waiting that bit longer when these latest offerings are out...? Having said all this, the N73 (with the updated firmware) is a fine handset. Haven't seen too many of the Music Edition ones.

@ Jojo,
LOL no mate, I can do the basics, but I wouldn't have an idea how to fiddle around with the fuel injection mapping etc. The exhausts, filters etc are easy enough to put on myself though. I'm taking it to a performance-tuning bike shop who have the necessary equipment and know-how. Installing the things is quite straight-forward, but I won't fiddle with engine internals or set-up myself; that's outa my league.

Have to agree with The Brixster about the iPhone and what it currently offers. One can foresee what Apple will be having out on the market in the forseeable future, but who knows what Nokia will be exposing us to over the same time frame...

[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2007-09-19 12:03 ]
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 13:10
Imagine bribing Uncle Bob to quit... :

http://www.dispatch.co.za/2007/09/19/Foreign/amug.html
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
JC08
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 14:19
yeah, tx ama i think i'll rather wait for the k850....cheers
Yad. Hey. Vav. Hey.
'' So the one who plants is not important, and the one who waters is not important. Only God who makes things grow, is important'' (1 Corinthians 3:7)
It's not about me!
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 14:41
Anyone seen the new Polo Cabrio??

I love it!!!!

Rhino8
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 16:43
3g iphone march 2008..
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/n[....]t=AtXKxBNZDiEz_OzTkYMHdn0E1vAI
ARSENAL : Samsung Galaxy SII
http://members.esato.com/rhino8
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-19 19:54
@ Ama you find that 'extraordinaire' ?. How about this . . .

__._,_.___

Subj. : Coconut English vs. Pigeon English.

Guys,

My sister-in-law works in Bisho. These are genuine hospital incident log entries from the Dept of Health in the Eastern Cape……

1. The patient refused autopsy.

2. The patient has no previous history of suicides.

3. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.

4. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 Kg weight gain in the past three days.

5. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.

6. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

7. On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.

8. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

9. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

10. Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.

11. Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

12. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

13. She is numb from her toes down.

14. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.

15. The skin was moist and dry.

16. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.

17. Patient was alert and unresponsive.

18. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.

19. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got a divorce.

20. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.

21. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.

22. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.

23. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.

24. Skin: somewhat pale but present.

25. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.

26. Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.

27. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities

__._,_.___

After reading the above, I wanted to scan a page out of my Station’s OB (occurrence book) kept in the CSC (community service center) but the station comander Supt. (Mpepo) refused to give permission.
Nevertheless, here is a picture published in the newspapers some years ago while they visited the station. The original was b/w – subsequently colored in by a local (Jeffrey’s Bay) policeman while on night duty after seeing some colleagues looking just as in the pic
Talking from personal experience - not the change in management but the total breakdown of discipline was my biggest hurdle to conquer in the new SAPS
'Better govern our selfs the wrong way, then be governed by 'others' the right way.'
- Robert Mugabe - Freedom fighter comarade, peoples hero and President of Zimbabwe.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 21:02
Wow.A 40kg weight gain in 3 days.Incredible.Very funny.

[ This Message was edited by: HOBBS on 2007-09-19 20:08 ]
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-09-19 21:28
Hello South Africa

@mario,Nice medical log entry collection there

Saw my first Twenty20 match tonight... India Vs England.
Yuvraj was on fire with his 36 runs from 1 over. I think Flintoff inspired him Gambhir,Sehwag and Dhoni played well.

Tomorrow India is playing against SA ...Any predictions??
i will miss it as i will be in ER in the hospital

Btw,saw some tourism shots of SA...Beautiful Country!!!

[ This Message was edited by: dr_thug on 2007-09-19 20:32 ]
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2007-09-20 00:01
Shubh sundhyaa, Doc.

Yuvraj Singh's 50 off a record 12 balls was incredible. It really made the difference in the match.

Should be a good match tomorrow. SA haven't lost in the tournament yet and India are really starting to 'peak' with their Twenty20 performances now.

Good luck in ER tomorrow. Perhaps you'll be able to follow the match on your P990i. Hopefully you'll be able to see a highlights package on TV later, although watching an entire Twenty20 is almost like watching a highlights package in itself.
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-09-20 00:54
@krypton - I'm just basing my reply to my experience . . . which I do NOT have any when it comes to Big Bikes

@dad - Yeah, I agree ! The only thing I do with my bike then is, clean it entirely with hose and water . . have the TIRE covered with tire-black . . . and the SIMPLEST are: converting the gasoline from GASOLINE to DIESEL . . . and . . . PUT a stick-shift, so I can ride the bike in REVERSE-mode - those 2 are just piece-of-cake to me . . . . ! [addsig]
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-20 07:02
Hehehe i recall the first time i tried to do the brakes on a car... nearly ended up killing a tree in my attempt to stop after the brake pedal fell flat onto the floorboards, since i had successfully neglected to bleed the system after installing new pads and shoes

Mario, that pic had me in stitches!! Hehehe welcome to the E.Cape

Today is my wedding anniversary. A buddy of mine at the radio station thoughtfully informed over half a million listeners that Mrs.K must be the strongest woman he knows, since no ordinary human being would be able to maintain her sanity after 10 years of my company

Have a stunning day folks
I'm not superstitious, merely mildly stitious.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 864865866 ... 181018111812  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic